GDT: Fighting Hawks @ Jackrabbits Frost Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Fighting Hawks @ Jackrabbits Frost Arena

UND played #17 Oregon St for the opener. It was a 65-55 loss for the Hawks. UND is picked 2nd in the Big Sky. Returner Klabo is a preseason first teamer. Transfer Dailey scored 15 points in her first UND game to lead the scoring in Oregon. 9 players had 11 or more minutes. 3 players scored 10, 12, & 15 points while 4 others split the remaining 18 points. UND is coached by Tim Brewster who spent 2007-08 season on the Jackrabbit WBB staff. He is 89-68 in 5 seasons. This is a home game that should be won though not as easy as NJIT. Jackrabbit depth and experience should send the Fighting Hawks home with 0-2 record. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: Fighting Hawks @ Jackrabbits Frost Arena

I would think that the Jacks win by 15-20. I just don't see many mid-majors being able to defend this offense. Add to that 1-5 can defend and this is one of the best top to bottom rosters we've seen in Frost.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
      I would think that the Jacks win by 15-20. I just don't see many mid-majors being able to defend this offense. Add to that 1-5 can defend and this is one of the best top to bottom rosters we've seen in Frost.
      We'll be more rested, have more practice time, than we did playing at George Washington. George Washington,they were bound and determined to make up for their poor performance they had against Princeton, they played extremely hard and quite well.It was their first home game ,a very festive atmosphere, a fun and very hard fought game,we withstood everything they threw at us, and led until the very end, we tied, they got one last hurried shot with 6.1 sec left and missed, we dominated the OT period. Very happy we came away with the win at their place. To lose that game would have been a heartbreaker.
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-15-2017, 05:42 PM.

Comment

I go to UND and am a big fan of their women's team but I'm also a huge fan of the Jackrabbit women. Gotta go with the Jacks winning tonight.

Comment

Looks like Selland is in a boot.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
            Looks like Selland is in a boot.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
            Radio broadcast said she rolled her ankle at practice on Saturday. Tried to play on Sunday but couldn't go so they decided to hold her out for awhile.

Comment

Jacks seem to be three happy, especially the bigs - not sure AJ wants them to put up that many. Guebert's shot seems to be out of sync a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                Jacks seem to be three happy, especially the bigs - not sure AJ wants them to put up that many. Guebert's shot seems to be out of sync a bit.
                Nice defensive half - really making UND work for shots. Offensive struggles seem to be equal parts sloppy play, good UND defense and missing open 3's. If a couple of those 3's would have fallen this one would look like it is on it's way to a blowout. I would not bet on the Jacks missing so many in the second half - Guebert in particular.

Too bad about Selland - hopefully it is a quick one. This year's extra depth is getting tested early.

Comment

When they archive the videos of this year's games, hopefully they burn this one. Ugly basketball on both sides.

Comment

The refs are calling a lot but looks like missing some on both sides. Teams are both missing some rather easy looks it seems. Just not sharp basketball either side. Which ever team wants to play with out fouling much in the 4th is going to win.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

That one was definitely a clunker but winning ugly is a whole lot better than losing ugly. From a positive perspective, we were missing a starter, sloppy with the ball, missed a ton of open 3's and still beat a team that would likely finish in the top half of the Summit by 14.

We'll have to be a lot better in a very big game vs Green Bay.

Comment

UND played Oregon State to within 10,the Jacks 14,they play very tough defense and get an opposing offense a little flustered,that's why the games are relatively low scoring.I think the Jacks will see another defense just like this,probably a little tougher yet in UWGB.Maybe this game is good preparation toward what's to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                          That one was definitely a clunker but winning ugly is a whole lot better than losing ugly. From a positive perspective, we were missing a starter, sloppy with the ball, missed a ton of open 3's and still beat a team that would likely finish in the top half of the Summit by 14.

We'll have to be a lot better in a very big game vs Green Bay.
                          Although I hate to watch them, sometimes winning a clunker is better than winning a blowout. Had some fresh faces show up to aid in the win. That will pay off down the line. On to Wisc-GB...can't have a clunker there or we will be run out of the gym.
                          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                            Although I hate to watch them, sometimes winning a clunker is better than winning a blowout. Had some fresh faces show up to aid in the win. That will pay off down the line. On to Wisc-GB...can't have a clunker there or we will be run out of the gym.
                            some interesting stats from GB-Wiscy game: 24 of Wiscy's 34 total points came from inside the paint. 1st half, wiscy shot 33% on fg's and 0% 3pfg's. 2nd half wiscy shot 20% on fg's and 0% 3pfg's. Wiscy was 0-16 on 3pfg's. GB out rebounded wiscy 37-31. each team did have 8 steals. just looking at the stats, would imagine GB's perimeter defense is pretty good. without looking at replay of the game, difficult to say whether wiscy had "one of those nights" playing at home, or, GB's defense is that good. probably a mix (not saying wiscy might have won, just maybe not the blowout they suffered). think it's safe to say, jacks can't play like they did wednesday night, or, it will be a tough saturday afternoon.
                            Last edited by krak-r-jacks; 11-16-2017, 01:11 PM.

Comment

I watched some of their games on ESPN3,I'd characterize their defense as semi- aggressive,pesky type,very active on defense,come at you from different angles,quick hands,use their length to tip passes ,very disruptive. Wellnitz seems especially adept at tipping balls and taking them to the hoop for layups,she seems to get one or two of those type steals every game,very quick and times her quick move flawlessly.They seem to disrupt the opposing teams offense which causes them to rush,or take bad shots,This will be a real test of how to handle these type defenses.

I remember the last time we were ranked #1 in the mid-major poll,we played GB shortly after and they took it away from us by beating us.GB has been our biggest nemesis in our OOC portion of our schedule,hope we can rectify that situation this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X