Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Fighting Hawks @ Jackrabbits Frost Arena

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    I remember the last time we were ranked #1 in the mid-major poll,we played GB shortly after and they took it away from us by beating us.GB has been our biggest nemesis in our OOC portion of our schedule,hope we can rectify that situation this year.
    And I'm remembering last year about this time when they came to Frost and beat us. After we had lost Macy for the season to her knee injury. Not sure if we were #1 last year at the time but regardless, we are due to get a "W" vs. UW-GB. Let's hope Myah can go on Saturday. I for one am looking forward to watching both this and the USD-SDSU FB game at the same time. Both are on ESPN3 - WBB starts at 1, FB at 2.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
      And I'm remembering last year about this time when they came to Frost and beat us. After we had lost Macy for the season to her knee injury. Not sure if we were #1 last year at the time but regardless, we are due to get a "W" vs. UW-GB. Let's hope Myah can go on Saturday. I for one am looking forward to watching both this and the USD-SDSU FB game at the same time. Both are on ESPN3 - WBB starts at 1, FB at 2.
      I believe that the UW-GB game is the game that we lost Macy in. We were down by about 10 with just a second or two left on the clock before halftime. Macy was breaking down the floor and did a jump stop under the basket. That is when she got injured.
      I don't remember who UW-BG's star player was but she looked shook up and felt really bad for Macy. I should remember her name but I liked her just because of her good sportsmanship then.
      I think we really need Myah. I think our guards are much better/deeper than they were last year but I don't know about our posts. You get rid of Ober and have Larson, Stevens and Myah coming in. If Myah is out, I don't know how much you gain over Ober by herself. Maybe later in the season (Larson didn't play last year and it's been 2 years for Stevens), they will get better so we will be much deeper there, too.

Comment

You are right about last year's GB game and Miller. I drove up for that game and the moment after the injury was as quiet as the post-anthem color march. We had no chance against a power like GB after that and it got ugly quickly.

I'll be surprised if we can pick up this big of a road win without Selland but you never know. It probably did some good to get the Sydneys more playing while she was out. They will be needed as the season goes on.

Comment

Working...
        X