Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GDT: Alabama State Hornets @ SDSU Jackrabbits

Default Re: GDT: Alabama State Hornets @ SDSU Jackrabbits

Gotta get Daum and the starters out of there at this point. This game is a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFan96 View Post
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Quote Originally Posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    How bad is Alabama State? Could they even finish in the top half of the NSIC?
    They'd be up and down in the NSIC. High athleticism and sub par skill.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

94-63 Final. Jacks win.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    44-25 Jacks at halftime.

Jenkins Jr. with 15 point and 4 threes... gonna have to start printing off fan club t-shirts here soon.
    Sign me up. He's the real deal.

I was happy with how the team played as a cohesive unit passing the ball around to find the open man. There are many shooters on this team!

Asu is not good. Thought we played well and the score was much closer then the game really was. Howell seems like the odd man out in the rotation so for this year. The team looked sharp today against a bad team.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Thought the team looked really sharp tonight. Defensive rotations were much crisper than on Sunday.

Offense looked a bit better too. Team just looked more "locked in".

Jenkins Jr. is going to be a star. The reason I say this, and Zimmer mentioned it in his write up, he's just calm and in control. He plays like a seasoned player with 2 years starting experience. And he doesn't get discouraged if he misses.

All that said... Friday night could be a tough one. (probably will be a tough one).

Quote Originally Posted by da_coach View Post
    Thought the team looked really sharp tonight. Defensive rotations were much crisper than on Sunday.

Offense looked a bit better too. Team just looked more "locked in".

Jenkins Jr. is going to be a star. The reason I say this, and Zimmer mentioned it in his write up, he's just calm and in control. He plays like a seasoned player with 2 years starting experience. And he doesn't get discouraged if he misses.

All that said... Friday night could be a tough one. (probably will be a tough one).
    I was just talking about this with some fellow Jackrabbits. Not only are the players more locked in, but I think that the coaching staff seems to have it figured out. What we say at the beginning of last year was a new coach trying to figure out how to play his style with someone else's players. This year TJ seems much more comfortable and is bringing in the guys that fit his system.

After watching the Kentucky/Kansas game last night, I am just hoping our guys can keep the game close. I think that our starters can hold their own, but just like football it is the 2nd and 3rd team that kill us. The depth at teams like the Kansas, Kentucky, and Dukes of the world is absurd.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Quote Originally Posted by SoDakJack View Post
    I was just talking about this with some fellow Jackrabbits. Not only are the players more locked in, but I think that the coaching staff seems to have it figured out. What we say at the beginning of last year was a new coach trying to figure out how to play his style with someone else's players. This year TJ seems much more comfortable and is bringing in the guys that fit his system.

After watching the Kentucky/Kansas game last night, I am just hoping our guys can keep the game close. I think that our starters can hold their own, but just like football it is the 2nd and 3rd team that kill us. The depth at teams like the Kansas, Kentucky, and Dukes of the world is absurd.
    Kansas has no depth. They are playing 7 guys and one of those shouldn't even be seeing time.

Depth won't be a problem. Handling the atmosphere is another matter.
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

The depth on this team looks promising. Coach Otz goes pretty deep into the bench and I don't get the sense there's much of a drop off. And there defense looked sharp. King Key and Jenkins all played tough defense on the perimeter tonight.