GDT:Mary Marauders visit Frost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT:Mary Marauders visit Frost

Mary finishes their exhibition season today. The Jackrabbits will count this as an OOC game for record. Mary finished 12-19 last year with a 10-12 record in the NSIC. The weather is nice so it is a great afternoon to go watch some basketball at Frost. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT:Mary Marauders visit Frost

Other games of note:

UC Irvine plays Denver, so it will be interesting how they fare against a common foe. Also, Omaha plays @ Oklahoma.

Comment

In the second half of Sunday’s game Key’s body language and effort seem to imply that Mary was an undeserving opponent. Roles might be reversed in Kansas? I was extremely impressed with his play on Friday and embarrassed by his play on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigballerbrand View Post
        In the second half of Sunday’s game Key’s body language and effort seem to imply that Mary was an undeserving opponent. Roles might be reversed in Kansas? I was extremely impressed with his play on Friday and embarrassed by his play on Sunday.
        Watched the game on video and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. Could you expand on what Key did for you to reach this conclusion ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          Watched the game on video and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. Could you expand on what Key did for you to reach this conclusion ?
          me either. And I was there. I didn't notice anything.

Comment

Just my take from the video. He seemed very uninterested when starting the offense in the 2nd half. Not the effort I would like for a Jr. point guard looking to be a leader of the team. Maybe I am being a little harsh, just would rather not see players let up the way I perceived him too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigballerbrand View Post
              Just my take from the video. He seemed very uninterested when starting the offense in the 2nd half. Not the effort I would like for a Jr. point guard looking to be a leader of the team. Maybe I am being a little harsh, just would rather not see players let up the way I perceived him too.
              First posts on here are calling out a player's effort? Hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                First posts on here are calling out a player's effort? Hmm...
                My thoughts exactly.

I saw a guy that was slowing down the offense. I saw a guy that played 51 minutes in his first two real college games.

At least he doesn't get arrested for shoplifting in China.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I'm honestly loving Key's passing skills. He moves the ball around to his teammates extremely well and obviously has great vision. With as great of a passer as he is, I wonder if Stig would try to steal him.
                  Rollin' in my 5.0
                  With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                  Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                    I'm honestly loving Key's passing skills. He moves the ball around to his teammates extremely well and obviously has great vision. With as great of a passer as he is, I wonder if Stig would try to steal him.
                    His dribbling skills are top notch too. When UC Irvine was trying to press he was dribbling out of it on his own with his speed with no problem. Otz may have hit home runs with both Key and Jenkins.

Comment

Side note - NDSU lost to #10 ranked USC by 10 in a very competitive game. The Bison were leading at half and were down by 2 with less than 4 minutes to go!
                      Last edited by wcbsas; 11-14-2017, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                        I like Key's game in general but he's going to have to be careful with that backwards-over-the-head pass he likes to do, especially when playing the more talented teams. I'd worry that somebody like Kansas for instance would have the quickness and court sense to steal that pass fairly easily for multiple breakaway layups once they see it a time or two.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                        X