Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game Week: University of South Dakota Running Strevelers

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    Agreed. USD hasn't shown they can play well from behind yet, this season or last. I also think that when they play from behind, Strveler forces the ball alot and that's where most of his turnover problems have come from. Look at last year and this year's difference in turnovers. Last year, they played from behind a lot more, and his interception ratio reflected that.

A two touchdown lead going into the locker room at half might be enough to take the wind out of their sails.
    It would also make the defensive play calling much easier.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
      I am leaning towards agreeing with you. I just hope he doesn't try to to too much too early. There is going to be a ton of talk about how similar the two QBs are in this game. Play under control and play with the lead.
      Completely agree. It shouldn't all be on his shoulders.

Regarding QB similarities, I thought Streveler was heavier than Christion, but I guess I was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        So, what you are saying is at this moment they are relevant.
        Sure. I'm mostly joking around, but I think they are relevant in the FCS national scene once they participate in the post season. They haven't done that yet, and they still might not this year. They're in the discussion this year, and they may still make it in even with a loss. But they were also "in the discussion" against us last year, in 2015, and in 2013. They still finished in the bottom half of the conference and missed the playoffs all those years too.

It's not a smack thread, so I'll keep my posts limited to the game, and I won't get into a debate about the semantics of "relevant". But if they don't make the post season this year after their best start in 15+ years, in the grand scheme of things, they'll finish in the same functional spot as they did in every other season in DI: Left out of the playoffs and selling recruits on how they're about to "turn the corner" for the fifth consecutive year since their 1 win campaign in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
          Never fear; Christion the 'Yote Slayer will show up on Sat.
          Don't forget how he played against them the last time in the dome though. Lujan came in and saved that game.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            Don't forget how he played against them the last time in the dome though. Lujan came in and saved that game.
            Also true. We didn't play well down there in 2015 or 2013. That trend needs to change this year. Another rason it's important to take the crowd out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              Touche, but that was two years ago, and now Lujan is on the sideline to help keep things on track. In all seriousness, I think this could be the game where Goedert and/or Wieneke go berserk again. That'd be an awesome way to start a playoff run

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                Touche, but that was two years ago, and now Lujan is on the sideline to help keep things on track. In all seriousness, I think this could be the game where Goedert and/or Wieneke go berserk again. That'd be an awesome way to start a playoff run
                With their off the field issues affacting their conerback depth, it'd be a tradgedy if the play calling didn't have us throwing deep against their coverage to JW or DG. This could be a huge game for both. If we get double coverage, hopefully our other receivers step up. And if we get them doubling up in coverage again, maybe we can run the ball for 300+, just like last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                  With their off the field issues affacting their conerback depth, it'd be a tradgedy if the play calling didn't have us throwing deep against their coverage to JW or DG. This could be a huge game for both. If we get double coverage, hopefully our other receivers step up. And if we get them doubling up in coverage again, maybe we can run the ball for 300+, just like last year.
                  Plus, if they tried to double cover either of them, Cade and Marquise have shown they can be dangerous. Maybe Jacks can have a 'Yote Slayin' Octet when Rozeboom and Soulek are included on defense

Comment

I agree - go after all of those backup DB's. Weather won't be an issue and we have the best two pass catchers they'll see all year.

Comment

Suspensions left holes to be filled. Yesterday they looked very much unfilled.

Comment

Stick put up 307 yards on just 11 completions on 12 attempts. Not worried about their defense at all.
                        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                          Stick put up 307 yards on just 11 completions on 12 attempts. Not worried about their defense at all.
                          It will be interesting to see what the over is for the game.
                          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Sdsu hasn’t played well at all down there since I’ve been a fan. I don’t see that changing, but I’m more optimistic than I was a few weeks ago. Is SDSU favored? I’m guessing USD is favored by 3.

USD needs to win this game. I still think that if Illinois St miraculously beats NDSU this weekend and State wins down there, the Yotes are out of the playoffs.
                            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                              Sdsu hasn’t played well at all down there since I’ve been a fan. I don’t see that changing, but I’m more optimistic than I was a few weeks ago. Is SDSU favored? I’m guessing USD is favored by 3.

USD needs to win this game. I still think that if Illinois St miraculously beats NDSU this weekend and State wins down there, the Yotes are out of the playoffs.
                              Don't think they get out of the playoffs. Just sucks for usd all their hard games were at the end of the year. I think we get 6 in if isu-r beats ndsu. Otherwise we get 5.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                                Understandable -- Stick's completions included 21, 40, 46, and 50 yards. Still, if the 'Yote crowd gets loud, it could disrupt the Jacks. Hoping that doesn't happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X