Game Week: University of South Dakota Running Strevelers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game Week: University of South Dakota Running Strevelers

Streveler is going to be very hard to defend. They run so fast that they do a lot of short, quick passes with many different reads for Streveler. He can also escape from the pocket and easily run for 10+ yards.

So what should the Jacks' game plan be? I'd say keep a spy on him and mix up the pressures. What they can't do is sit on 3rd and long in a zone and let Streveler have all day to throw.

I think the offense is going to need to score 40+ points. I think Wieneke is due for a huge game.

Also, let's hope the special teams can have a good week. Seems to be a blunder every week the past couple of games.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
      They run so fast that they do a lot of short, quick passes
      WEll when you give the 8-9yds then it should be there EVERY play, I honestly cannot believe that someone hasn't in all these years used this to dink and dunk the crap out of us. i'm pretty sure if they did all we would get is gee golly got to execute better. can we play bump and run for just a hot Second?

Comment

The best defense will be the Jacks offense running the ball and burning clock. Ultimately a score on every possession for the Jacks. If not then making defensive adjustments will be key to stopping USD. Please adjust quickly and don’t wait till the 4th qtr or it could be too late. Weineke needs to get open and have a big day Saturday as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
          l will take a repeat of a beautiful Saturday in October 1963, the day our second daughter was born in Sioux Falls, and the Jacks defeated USD
          61-0! Go Jacks!!
          I will take the score. I faintly recall this game.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
            WEll when you give the 8-9yds then it should be there EVERY play, I honestly cannot believe that someone hasn't in all these years used this to dink and dunk the crap out of us. i'm pretty sure if they did all we would get is gee golly got to execute better. can we play bump and run for just a hot Second?
            Pretty sure UNI did do this to us about 7 yrs ago

Comment

Interesting to note...
              On the "Stig Radio Show" Monday night, Stig said that there could be up to 3 starters who can't go and 1 for sure. Any idea who? I know Washington didn't return to the game last week. I heard Jessup won't go, but he is a special teamer. Any idea how Kleinschmit came out of last weeks game? I know Kern is hanging on by a thread with a litany of injuries.

I also saw that Sellers jumped Louscher on the depth chart. Not entirely surprising as Sellers has played well and seemed to play more snaps in recent weeks.
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                Interesting to note...
                On the "Stig Radio Show" Monday night, Stig said that there could be up to 3 starters who can't go and 1 for sure. Any idea who? I know Washington didn't return to the game last week. I heard Jessup won't go, but he is a special teamer. Any idea how Kleinschmit came out of last weeks game? I know Kern is hanging on by a thread with a litany of injuries.

I also saw that Sellers jumped Louscher on the depth chart. Not entirely surprising as Sellers has played well and seemed to play more snaps in recent weeks.
                But does he have the Saucemosis?

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                  Interesting to note...

I'd say Louscher dresses but may not see any action. Washington and Kern are probably the others, although an argument could be made that their backups are performing as well if not better. If Chase is able to go a few snaps here and there save him for that. I think as long as the CBs turn their heads we are as good with Mosley and Harris as we are with Washington.

Balster had a few hard shots in the ISUr game so it might limit him too. I was thinking he'd be the best bet to shadow Streveler but who knows.

...and Loushcer is the saucmosiest, I love that kid.
                  Last edited by Jackedforlife; 11-17-2017, 12:32 PM. Reason: Saucemosis

Comment

Here's my $.02. The Coyote defense doesn't scare me one bit, IF our offense actually shows up to play this game. They are probably saying the exact same thing about our defense. I do envision them pulling out all the 'Stops' and potentially employing a new scheme this week, similar to what UNI did to us. I hope our offensive coaches have a contingency in place for this and can adjust quickly.

In my mind this game very simply boils down to our ability to make Streveler one-dimensional. He will get his yards, and that doesn't bother me. But, we cannot let him throw for 300+ AND rush for another 100+. If we can make life half-way miserable by taking one or the other away from him, I really like our chances. DUH!!! I would much rather make him beat us with his arm than let him run around the field and extend plays continuously. That is when he is at his best. Based on the few games of USD's that I've watched this year, he is always the best athlete on the field. There's a reason he started his collegiate career at a B1G school. Don't let him be an athlete, make him throw it! This doesn't mean that I don't think he can get hot and beat us throwing. This approach would put a ton of pressure on our DB's to make plays. But, I like the DB vs WR match-ups much more than I like the Streveler vs 'anyone else' match-up.

Should be a fun, entertaining game. I think the scoreboard is going to get a workout. No injuries for either team, and a good clean game! Let's make it 9 in a row! Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by Bits View Post
                      Here's my $.02. The Coyote defense doesn't scare me one bit, IF our offense actually shows up to play this game. They are probably saying the exact same thing about our defense. I do envision them pulling out all the 'Stops' and potentially employing a new scheme this week, similar to what UNI did to us. I hope our offensive coaches have a contingency in place for this and can adjust quickly.

In my mind this game very simply boils down to our ability to make Streveler one-dimensional. He will get his yards, and that doesn't bother me. But, we cannot let him throw for 300+ AND rush for another 100+. If we can make life half-way miserable by taking one or the other away from him, I really like our chances. DUH!!! I would much rather make him beat us with his arm than let him run around the field and extend plays continuously. That is when he is at his best. Based on the few games of USD's that I've watched this year, he is always the best athlete on the field. There's a reason he started his collegiate career at a B1G school. Don't let him be an athlete, make him throw it! This doesn't mean that I don't think he can get hot and beat us throwing. This approach would put a ton of pressure on our DB's to make plays. But, I like the DB vs WR match-ups much more than I like the Streveler vs 'anyone else' match-up.

Should be a fun, entertaining game. I think the scoreboard is going to get a workout. No injuries for either team, and a good clean game! Let's make it 9 in a row! Go Jacks!
                      I think this analysis is spot on. Nice work. The only thing that I would as is that some teams you match up well with and some you don't. We don't match up well with ISU Red and the result was a battle to the end. The Jacks actually match up really well against this Coyote team in my opinion. The only part that scares me a little is their mobile questerback. However, we've face similar threats the last few weeks and our defense has responded beautifully. Sure, its a rivalry game and all that but if that Jacks avoid the penalty and turnover bug I see them earning a fairly convincing win on Saturday. This team is peaking at the right time and is built for this time of year. Time to bring let it loose!

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                        I think this analysis is spot on. Nice work. The only thing that I would as is that some teams you match up well with and some you don't. We don't match up well with ISU Red and the result was a battle to the end. The Jacks actually match up really well against this Coyote team in my opinion. The only part that scares me a little is their mobile questerback. However, we've face similar threats the last few weeks and our defense has responded beautifully. Sure, its a rivalry game and all that but if that Jacks avoid the penalty and turnover bug I see them earning a fairly convincing win on Saturday. This team is peaking at the right time and is built for this time of year. Time to bring let it loose!

SUPERBUNNY
                        I agree with everything in the post except for the bolded part. SDSU is built for the pass and arguably the big play...which can be harder this time of year...depending on weather. In the playoffs, SDSU could lose to in an inferior team if they hit bad conditions...not saying that can't happen to anybody...might happened to NDSU tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                          I agree with everything in the post except for the bolded part. SDSU is built for the pass and arguably the big play...which can be harder this time of year...depending on weather. In the playoffs, SDSU could lose to in an inferior team if they hit bad conditions...not saying that can't happen to anybody...It Will happened to NDSU tomorrow...
                          FIFY TAB TLR

Comment

Pretty crazy schedule coming up for Jackrabbit athletics...

MBB @ #4 Kansas
                            Wrestling dual hosting #10 Minnesota
                            #3 WBB @ #1 UWGB in a mid major clash
                            ...and #5FB taking on in #16-state rival USeD for more than the brown jug...playoff seeds and so much more going on here.

Any of these matchups would be exciting on their own...but they're all happening in a span of less than 24 hours. I think there is a very good chance we come away with 3 wins and although it may sound crazy, I believe 4-0 is possible. The biggest hurdle is of course the Jayhawks tonight.

Go Big!

Go Blue!

GO JACKS!!!

Comment

No kidding - What a Friday/Saturday! I happen to be stuck at home this weekend and will be tuning into every one of those.

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                              Pretty crazy schedule coming up for Jackrabbit athletics...

MBB @ #4 Kansas
                              Wrestling dual hosting #10 Minnesota
                              #3 WBB @ #1 UWGB in a mid major clash
                              ...and #5FB taking on in #16-state rival USeD for more than the brown jug...playoff seeds and so much more going on here.

Any of these matchups would be exciting on their own...but they're all happening in a span of less than 24 hours. I think there is a very good chance we come away with 3 wins and although it may sound crazy, I believe 4-0 is possible. The biggest hurdle is of course the Jayhawks tonight.

Go Big!

Go Blue!

GO JACKS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                                No kidding - What a Friday/Saturday! I happen to be stuck at home this weekend and will be tuning into every one of those.
                                I'd hardly call that being stuck at home. I would call that excellent planning!

Comment

Working...
                                X