Game Week: University of South Dakota Running Strevelers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game Week: University of South Dakota Running Strevelers

Howard Wood is a Track and High School football field. Augie and USF do not even play there anymore. Why does anyone think we would play there and give up the home revenue we need to pay for our stadium which blows that stadium away. This is not OU vs. Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      KWSN Twitter Poll Question: "How much would you like to see USD and SDSU play its football game in Sioux Falls at Howard Wood Field, a neutral site, with an even number of tickets going to each school?"
      This dumb idea again? Many people in Sioux Falls just can't stand the thought that the world doesn't revolve around their city.

Comment

Originally posted by BrerRabbit View Post
        This dumb idea again? Many people in Sioux Falls just can't stand the thought that the world doesn't revolve around their city.
        Meh, it's a radio host trying to drum up talk (and it worked). He knows that it's not going to happen. If Sioux Falls had a superior stadium with more capacity, I can see the merit in the idea. Until then, it's just radio fodder.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          Already up to 4.5 (unfortunately). I can see it getting up to 7.
          Aaaand it's at 6.5. I'm thinking it will stay there.

Comment

Meh, it's a radio host trying to drum up talk (and it worked). He knows that it's not going to happen. If Sioux Falls had a superior stadium with more capacity, I can see the merit in the idea. Until then, it's just radio fodder.
            The analogy would be for SDSU's and USD's men's basketball teams to play their conference games against each other in Sioux Falls . . . specifically in the Sioux Falls Arena. Not the Denny, not even the Pentagon. The old Arena.

Except Howard Wood Field isn't even as nice for football as the Arena is for basketball.

It's a seriously daft idea, but then I recall that this particular radio host takes his vocation so unseriously that he doesn't even bother to actually watch the full games of USD or SDSU each weekend (hey, hello, DVR technology?) before going onto his show and spouting off, so what can you do?
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              The analogy would be for SDSU's and USD's men's basketball teams to play their conference games against each other in Sioux Falls . . . specifically in the Sioux Falls Arena. Not the Denny, not even the Pentagon. The old Arena.

Except Howard Wood Field isn't even as nice for football as the Arena is for basketball.

It's a seriously daft idea, but then I recall that this particular radio host takes his vocation so unseriously that he doesn't even bother to actually watch the full games of USD or SDSU each weekend (hey, hello, DVR technology?) before going onto his show and spouting off, so what can you do?
              I suppose we could play the game in the Badlands Pawn building. It's not being used for anything
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Aaaand it's at 6.5. I'm thinking it will stay there.
                This seems like a pretty fair number. Has the over/under stayed at 69?
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                  Yes.

Comment

Actually, both SDSU and USD have played games at Howard Wood in the D-1 era. SDSU played UC Davis (or one of the other Calif schools) there early in the transition. I went to the game. It was OK, but nothing special. SDSU also has held a couple of practices in Sioux Falls. USD infamously held a game against NDSU in Sioux Falls, which was a big mistake. Bison fans outnumbered USD fans, and the Coyotes got beat badly. Unless some sponsor comes up really big, I doubt either school will move a game to Sioux Falls again. Maybe Sioux Falls should start bidding on FCS playoff games. That would be OK.

Edit: Jacks beat UC Davis 16-14 before just over 7,200 fans in October of 2005 at Howard Wood Field. It was a Great West Conference game.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      Actually, both SDSU and USD have played games at Howard Wood in the D-1 era. SDSU played UC Davis (or one of the other Calif schools) there early in the transition. I went to the game. It was OK, but nothing special. SDSU also has held a couple of practices in Sioux Falls. USD infamously held a game against NDSU in Sioux Falls, which was a big mistake. Bison fans outnumbered USD fans, and the Coyotes got beat badly. Unless some sponsor comes up really big, I doubt either school will move a game to Sioux Falls again. Maybe Sioux Falls should start bidding on FCS playoff games. That would be OK.

Edit: Jacks beat UC Davis 16-14 before just over 7,200 fans in October of 2005 at Howard Wood Field. It was a Great West Conference game.
                      Again, before we had a beauty of a stadium that holds way more. So that’s rather irrelevant to now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Not to mention club seating, and loges, etc. If S.F builds a $60 million plus stadium maybe it should be considered.

LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                          Again, before we had a beauty of a stadium that holds way more. So that’s rather irrelevant to now.

You're right, Thumper...although I'd take out the word "rather" preceding irrelevant.

Just ignore the radio guy: Looks like only 168 votes cast. That suggests very few listeners and very low interest in following the guy on Twitter.

On the topic of the game: Sounds like Harry's in downtown Watertown may be the unofficial watch party site for those in the Watertown area. Harry's proprietor is a Jackrabbit! I imagine some of the red-clad persuasion may also be present. Could be fun!

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                            I'm good with winning 63-7.

Comment

Anyone know how the health of the team is? I know there is a lot people beat up. Anyone questionable or doubtful Saturday?
                              Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

l will take a repeat of a beautiful Saturday in October 1963, the day our second daughter was born in Sioux Falls, and the Jacks defeated USD
                                61-0! Go Jacks!!

Comment

Working...
                                X