Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 100

Thread: Game Week: University of South Dakota Running Strevelers

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Huron, South Dakota
    Posts
    2,141

    Default Game Week: University of South Dakota Running Strevelers

    Time to get ready for the biggest game in the FCS history of the rivalry, against the best USD team the Jacks have faced in years, with the most talented QB we've seen this year.

    Defense is going to need to figure out how to tackle otherwise it isn't going to be pretty. Offense is going to need to not lose focus like yesterday.

    Win this game and we put our name into the debate for a top 4 seed. Lose the game and the road goes through Fargo again.

    I can't think if a bigger game at the dome for USD players and fans. Does the FCS Jackrabbit domination continue? Or is a new chapter started the the best rivalry in the nation?
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Brookings
    Posts
    542

    Default Re: Game Week: University of South Dakota Running Strevelers

    I haven't seen a more honest name for a team this season than the title for this thread.
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    131

    Default Re: Game Week: University of South Dakota Running Strevelers

    Quote Originally Posted by SoDakJack View Post
    Time to get ready for the biggest game in the FCS history of the rivalry, against the best USD team the Jacks have faced in years, with the most talented QB we've seen this year.

    Defense is going to need to figure out how to tackle otherwise it isn't going to be pretty. Offense is going to need to not lose focus like yesterday.

    Win this game and we put our name into the debate for a top 4 seed. Lose the game and the road goes through Fargo again.

    I can't think if a bigger game at the dome for USD players and fans. Does the FCS Jackrabbit domination continue? Or is a new chapter started the the best rivalry in the nation?




    Let's not get ahead of ourselves on that one. Florida was still trying to figure out if they'd elected George Bush the last time the Yotes won a game in the series. Not to mention, the Marker, The Brawl of the Wild, the Battle of the Piney Woods, The Bayou classic, the Bryce-Cowell musket, Harvard-Yale, Lehigh-Lafayette, and the soon to returned stein game between Montana and Idaho are all bigger, more storied rivalries than the corn showdown. It may become classic like those others (The marker is still becoming a grrat rivalry, but it doesn't have the history of the others), but calling it the best, or even among the best, in the nation is a stretch.
    Last edited by Mr_Tibbs; 11-12-2017 at 02:19 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Huron, South Dakota
    Posts
    2,141

    Default Re: Game Week: University of South Dakota Running Strevelers

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    [/B]

    Let's not get ahead of ourselves on that one. Florida was still trying to figure out if they'd elected George Bush the last time the Yotes won a game in the series. Not to mention, the Marker, The Brawl of the Wild, the Battle of the Piney Woods, The southwest classic, the Bryce-Cowell musket, Harvard-Yale, and the soon to returned stein game between Montana and Idaho are all bigger, more storied rivalries than the corn showdown. It may become classic like those others (The marker is still becoming a grrat rivalry, but it doesn't have the history of the others), but calling it the best, or even among the best, in the nation is a stretch.
    To me it is the best because of the proximity and the mixed loyalties in families.

    The Marker has only become competitive the last two years. And the others are schools I couldn't care less about. So, in my opinion it is the best, but that is the great thing about message boards. We can have our own criteria.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Worthington,MN
    Posts
    3,876

    Default Re: Game Week: University of South Dakota Running Strevelers

    Put a spy on Streveler and make him beat you with his arm rather than with his legs. And on offense throw the ball downfield early and often.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Brookings, SD
    Posts
    4,955

    Default Re: Game Week: University of South Dakota Running Strevelers

    USD's offense is really good, and really explosive. USD's defense is not that great. I would love to see a game plan that includes a heavy dose of running from us.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFan96 View Post
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    131

    Default Re: Game Week: University of South Dakota Running Strevelers

    Quote Originally Posted by SoDakJack View Post
    To me it is the best because of the proximity and the mixed loyalties in families.


    The Marker has only become competitive the last two years. And the others are schools I couldn't care less about. So, in my opinion it is the best, but that is the great thing about message boards. We can have our own criteria.
    Best or one of the best in the Dakota's, I'll agree with. Best in the FCS, probably not, but to each their own.

    I also have a hard time considering a team that hasn't been relevant in football since 1986 a real rival. (See what I did there )

    They're trending down, and I'd love to see them miss the playoffs by one spot. The collapse would be complete and thorough.

    Maybe they can put "Best 7-4 team not in the playoffs" on their next billboard on I-90.

    I think if we stop Strveler, we win going away. The key with the Yotes is to not let them get up early. All of their wins, they've jumped out to hot start and held on for a win. Punch them in the mouth early, and take the home crowd out of it, and I think they'll fold.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Posts
    620

    Default Re: Game Week: University of South Dakota Running Strevelers

    Quote Originally Posted by SoDakJack View Post
    Time to get ready for the biggest game in the FCS history of the rivalry, against the best USD team the Jacks have faced in years, with the most talented QB we've seen this year.
    Hey now, we get to see Christion every game .

    I think Jacks win by at least six, but 'Yotes score first and keep it within a field goal at the half.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Huron, South Dakota
    Posts
    2,141

    Default Re: Game Week: University of South Dakota Running Strevelers

    Quote Originally Posted by jakejc795 View Post
    Hey now, we get to see Christion every game .

    I think Jacks win by at least six, but 'Yotes score first and keep it within a field goal at the half.
    Depends on what TC plays that day! Ha.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Huron, South Dakota
    Posts
    2,141

    Default Re: Game Week: University of South Dakota Running Strevelers

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    I also have a hard time considering a team that hasn't been relevant in football since 1986 a real rival. (See what I did there )
    They are relevant this year. That is all that matters.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •