Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: ISU Crimson Fowl

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    Off Topic: Listening to Dari and Mel on ESPN radio this morning and they were talking about Heisman candidates and giving the "poses" instead of roses ala the Bachelor. They ran through all the names and then at the end they asked Mel Kiper about who he would give a pose to if he could, and he mentions Dallas. Said that he has him as #25 on his big board and a 1st rounder. Called him the "Carson Wentz" of another position this year.
    Wonder if Gesicki, from Penn State, could get drafted before Goedert. Gesicki received considerable attention from commentators during a couple games I watched. Perhaps recent Penn State losses and Jacks' success, and a possible extended playoff run could cause Goedert to garner more attention and an earlier pick.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      I’m hoping for 10k. I’ll be there but I’m not expecting a big crowd.
      Uffda. 10k''s gonna be a stretch.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
        Uffda. 10k''s gonna be a stretch.
        Looks like a lot of season ticket holders came dressed as seats. I don't know what else fans could want for a November football game.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          Looks like a lot of season ticket holders came dressed as seats. I don't know what else fans could want for a November football game.
          Goes to prove that SDSU''s hardcore fan base is in that 8-10k range still.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
            Goes to prove that SDSU''s hardcore fan base is in that 8-10k range still.
            I would think that number is the Brookings "metro" area. Without this out of state wedding, I would have been there. But at least I found someone to use my tickets.

I rag on the players for coming out flat, but when you are playing in front of basically a high school championship crowd it's hard to feed off that. Especially coming off last week.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Lady Luck was a Redbird fan on that drive. A broken play on a fumbled snap leads to an improbable 3rd down conversion and then the running back fumbles right as he's crossing the goal line that is ruled a TD and no angle to overturn it.

That said, run D looked poor on that series.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

At some point the ticket office is going to have to figure out a reasonably priced ticket package for games like this. The size of the local market can't bear the prices. If they don't make some changes when non rival schools come to Brookings in November these are the types of crowds we can expect. How about a $15 option (Nice job with the vets today)? Tempt the public to buy tickets.

Temps in the forties. Light winds. Big win last weekend and this is the crowd. It's time to take a look at ticket prices.

With that being said I'll stretch my legs out and enjoy my space.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

That was a catch and a TD. Awful call.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                    That was a catch and a TD. Awful call.
                    We never get the benefit of a review, even when it's obvious.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                      We never get the benefit of a review, even when it's obvious.
                      The angles they had for the review (and for the "fumble") at the goal line were awful. Can't see anything. FWIW, I think they got the first call right and this one wrong.

Comment

The angles they had for the review (and for the "fumble") at the goal line were awful. Can't see anything. FWIW, I think they got the first call right and this one wrong.
                        Have there been decent angles on the broadcast? The in stadium angles have been bad.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          Have there been decent angles on the broadcast? The in stadium angles have been bad.
                          Nope. Nothing even close to decent. I'm assuming that's why that wasn't overturned. Bad call on the field though, from what I could see.

Comment

I think they probably got the 1st one right, but the angles were terrible and couldn't tell where the ball came out, so it had to stand.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

Oh my God. Come on.

Comment

Another ST blunder.

100 yard KOR TD for ISU-R.

Comment

Working...
                                X