Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: ISU Crimson Fowl

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
    Still puzzling that ISU didn't run it at all in OT. Passed it on 3 straight downs.

I'll take it.
    Me too

Comment

This is a game that we should have dominated and at the same time never should have won. It was like a snapshot of the season.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Just got home...if it’s been said before I apologize but, what in the hell kinda game was Eidsness calling?!?!?! We won today in spite of the play calling. Wow...I hope Bison game Eidsness shows up next week not Redbird game Eidsness. Now if Bison game Eidsness came with a kung fu grip even better!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
          Just got home...if it’s been said before I apologize but, what in the hell kinda game was Eidsness calling?!?!?! We won today in spite of the play calling. Wow...I hope Bison game Eidsness shows up next week not Redbird game Eidsness. Now if Bison game Eidsness came with a kung fu grip even better!
          Calls had me scratching my head at times too. Just curious, what are your thoughts on the play to Goedert in Jacks' endzone where he initially was trying to pass it?

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
            Calls had me scratching my head at times too. Just curious, what are your thoughts on the play to Goedert in Jacks' endzone where he initially was trying to pass it?
            That call was loco in my opinion. We had struggled to catch the ball period at that point, so we call a lateral into the endzone?
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Can we give some credit to Illinois State? Their defense was very very good. Yes, play calling was questionable but that defense was really good. They had playmakers at every level. The #605Hogs got dominated upfront. That group will need a better effort if the Jacks want to make a deep playoff run.
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                Can we give some credit to Illinois State? Their defense was very very good. Yes, play calling was questionable but that defense was really good. They had playmakers at every level. The #605Hogs got dominated upfront. That group will need a better effort if the Jacks want to make a deep playoff run.
                What impressed me the most was there secondary, they where able to send extra pass rushers all game and manage to cover out stellar receivers.
                Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                  You are asking too much, but I will give some. They came ready to play and played to their best ability. Some one commented that our defense took a nap after the Christian run TD.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                    Still puzzling that ISU didn't run it at all in OT. Passed it on 3 straight downs.

I'll take it.
                    There at the end we stopping the run really well. Except the dive
                    Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                      That call was loco in my opinion. We had struggled to catch the ball period at that point, so we call a lateral into the endzone?
                      Yeah, something goes wrong and they get a safety and another possession, it could've drastically changed the game. Thank goodness Goedert made it out of the endzone.

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                        What impressed me the most was there secondary, they where able to send extra pass rushers all game and manage to cover out stellar receivers.
                        Agreed, believe it was Harris (#10) who had an impressive PBU along their sideline late in game.

Comment

The size of the crowd was ridiculously poor. Beautiful November day to possibly watch the seniors for the last time at home against a ranked opponent. I really don't care what the various excuses are. I was driving grain cart until 1220 and still made the game. If this is all that will show up for a game like this (or a 2nd round playoff game last year) i would say this fanbase doesnt deserve a national title team. A number of recruits were there according to Twitter and that is what they see?

Comment

Disappointed in crowd size.....this needs to change. Last time(potentially) you will see The Beast of Britton and the Wizard live? Come on
                            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                              Disappointed in crowd size.....this needs to change. Last time(potentially) you will see The Beast of Britton and the Wizard live? Come on
                              Just to make a small point...we had less than 300 students at the game (3 day weekend). Yes, I'm disappointed in the attendance too, but we always have a poorer crowd when it is hunting season, farmers still trying to get their crops in, cold (not for me, but a number of fans with season tickets didn't show up, so make up your own excuse for them). We are going to have a better total year's attendance than any in the past. Could we have gotten a better crowd with cheaper tickets? Maybe. Not sure how the income for the university would have compared (cheaper tickets, than a number bought at a higher price), but it could have made for a larger crowd. FWIW, looking back, we had 6,154 at the late Villanova playoff game last year, and in 2015, 9,081 at November game against Missouri State.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                                My thoughts on that play in a word... Asinine.

I wish Eidsness would be willing to throw the ball down field more often. Take away most of the screens and all of the swing passes and throw it down field to our stable of good receivers. Yes, ISU deserves a lot of credit, but I think if you substitute some of those swing/screen passes for some down field shots at JW or DG, our success rate would have went up. Look at how they were moving the ball before the holding penalty on the drive before OT. Just seems like the play calling holds this offense back at times.

Comment

Working...
                                X