Kansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kansas

My wife and I, our son and his wife and our grandson are going down to Lawrence for the game next Friday. Just wondering if anyone else is going?

Re: Kansas

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    My wife and I, our son and his wife and our grandson are going down to Lawrence for the game next Friday. Just wondering if anyone else is going?
    I will be heading down with the wife. Glad its only a two hour drive for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
      I will be heading down with the wife. Glad its only a two hour drive for us.
      We are going to leave 7 or 8 friday morning. Staying near Legends outlet mall so we can shop on Saturday. Or should i say the wives can shop and my son and i find a sports bar and watch football.

Comment

I am going. Looking forward to the game.

Comment

Does anyone have any recommendations on parking or shuttle services to the game? I know the 2 FB games we took a shuttle bus that worked very good.

Comment

Uber? Lyft?

Comment

Anyone got any recommendations for watching the game around the Xcel Energy Center in St Paul. My son and I will be looking for a TV there.
              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
                Anyone got any recommendations for watching the game around the Xcel Energy Center in St Paul. My son and I will be looking for a TV there.
                It will be available to stream via the Watch ESPN app or watchespn.com. You could either stream it on your own device or we find a sports bar with capability to pull up games on watchespn.

Comment

Bill Self previews today's game.

Comment

Headed down I 29 now for the game. Hopefully it doesnt get real ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by JackBBFan View Post
                      Does anyone have any recommendations on parking or shuttle services to the game? I know the 2 FB games we took a shuttle bus that worked very good.
                      Park up just west of campus on a city street and walk down the hill to the Fieldhouse. It will be easier in and out after the game.
                      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

We are going to leave 7 or 8 friday morning. Staying near Legends outlet mall so we can shop on Saturday. Or should i say the wives can shop and my son and i find a sports bar and watch football.
                        Go over to Lawrence early and hit up the Wheel before the game or if you don't want a crowded college bar scene, I'd go to the Oread or somewhere on Mass. Street before the game.

EDIT: I can't believe I'm missing this game. Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                          Go over to Lawrence early and hit up the Wheel before the game or if you don't want a crowded college bar scene, I'd go to the Oread or somewhere on Mass. Street before the game.

EDIT: I can't believe I'm missing this game. Ugh.
                          ThNks. We are staying by the Legends outlet mall and shopping tommorrow. We have our 6 yr old grandson with us so probavly wont be partying too much.

Comment

ThNks. We are staying by the Legends outlet mall and shopping tommorrow. We have our 6 yr old grandson with us so probavly wont be partying too much.
                            Yeah, you won't be doing that then!

I'd still recommend going to Lawrence early and taking time to check out the Booth Hall of Athletics connected to Allen Fieldhouse and the DeBruce Center with the original rules of basketball. Those are worth the price of admission alone. Lots of cool stuff in there.

Comment

What are the viewing options. Don't have cable so wondering if I can stream it from anywhere.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X