Jackrabbit wrestling sign four.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jackrabbit wrestling sign four.

Add Missouri to Hutmacher's soon to be lengthy list of FB offers. Guys...it isn't going to be wrestling regardless of how blue and yellow your glasses are.
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
      Add Missouri to Hutmacher's soon to be lengthy list of FB offers. Guys...it isn't going to be wrestling regardless of how blue and yellow your glasses are.
      I'm guessing he will have offers from at least 5 more colleges(FBS and FCS) for FB by mid june but come Sept 1st(when wrestling coaches can contact him) expect him to snag a dozen or more that first day. He has a couple wrestling tourneys this summer including Fargo.

He's an incoming junior and priorities can change but his passion is wrestling and we've got an upper weight staff in place now. Not saying he doesn't choose FB. Odds are stacked against us just because of the pure exposure he is going to get with the workouts he does, his skillset for both FB and wrestling. He will have more SEC offers in FB along with most other conferences and most Big 10 schools will offer in Wrestling as well. The kid will be the highest sought double sport(maybe triple if he keeps up with throws in track and field) we've seen in SD. But at the end of the day he's pretty humble, a rural kid who likes to be outdoors. Hard to go pheasant hunting on a whim living in some of these metro areas or far from home. So if the Jacks have a slim chance at snagging him that will be one of the draws.

Comment

Unfortunately, I agree. I want him in yellow and blue on the mat or the football field just as bad as the next but we won't be able to match the offers he is about to get. Plus, you add two more years of weight training on his already 300# frame, he won't be able to make the cut to 285# in two year time, so wrestling is likely out. I will certainly be following him wherever he goes, just don't think it will be with the jacks.

Comment

I’m sure it’s wishful thinking, but don’t underestimate the draw of a South Dakota kid representing his home state. Reference Nate Rotert choosing SDSU and what he was able to accomplish with this team. If wrestling is truly his passion, having Hahn coach him and the potential to have a lasting impact on the program could be big.

My evidence for this is his recent twitter posting about attending football camps and still attending SDSU after all the big schools. He very easily could drop us but he didn’t. That may mean something, it may not.

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
            I’m sure it’s wishful thinking, but don’t underestimate the draw of a South Dakota kid representing his home state. Reference Nate Rotert choosing SDSU and what he was able to accomplish with this team. If wrestling is truly his passion, having Hahn coach him and the potential to have a lasting impact on the program could be big.

My evidence for this is his recent twitter posting about attending football camps and still attending SDSU after all the big schools. He very easily could drop us but he didn’t. That may mean something, it may not.
            It certainly gives us some hope but who knows what this young man decides. I sure don't.

Comment

From what I've heard weight shouldn't be a problem and that he will ensure that he stays within safe range to cut. I think he plans to play FB in the 290-300 range, which should make 285 attainable. He has mentioned one of his main goals is to be SD's first 4 time HWT state champ. His first two championships were impressive wins over previous state champ Miller of Brookings as a FR and last year's awesome match and win over nationally ranked Casperson(who admirably wrestled up).

I'll agree with Danger, don't underestimate the draw to competing for your home state college. Add in the fact that Nash knows the exposure he can get here whether wrestling(what Gross has done) or FB(what Goedert, ZZ, Jake have done). Not positive if the Hutmachers are Blue blooded Jackrabbit fans(Dad went to Northern I believe) but they are fans of the the state of SD.

Comment

Add Wisconsin to Hutmacher's FB offer list.
                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Expect Iowa to offer as well, he visits there this week I believe. This kid will have an impressive list of offers by the end of summer for FB and come September 1st the wrestling offer sheet will explode. He should enter next wrestling season as a top 3 heavyweight if not top 2.

Comment

Add Wisconsin to Hutmacher's FB offer list.
                    He’s gone. Wisconsin and Iowa are two of the best at producing NFL offensive linemen. Good luck to Nash and I hope he makes it to the pros so we have another South Dakota kid in the NFL!
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

But wait...he can pheasant hunt in SD so we have the advantage.
                      Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                      He’s gone. Wisconsin and Iowa are two of the best at producing NFL offensive linemen. Good luck to Nash and I hope he makes it to the pros so we have another South Dakota kid in the NFL!

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                        He is just entering his Junior year, and he is already cutting to make HWT. My prediction, this is will be his last season wrestling, he will focus on football and have a chance to early enroll at a college of choice. I don't see him making 285 when he is a senior, he is only going to get bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                          Not positive if the Hutmachers are Blue blooded Jackrabbit fans(Dad went to Northern I believe) but they are fans of the the state of SD.
                          Can't say they are "blue blooded" but they are Jackrabbit fans and attend occasional SDSU sporting events. They are not USD fans....

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                            He is just entering his Junior year, and he is already cutting to make HWT. My prediction, this is will be his last season wrestling, he will focus on football and have a chance to early enroll at a college of choice. I don't see him making 285 when he is a senior, he is only going to get bigger.
                            I strongly disagree. From what I understand, wrestling is his favorite sport and passion. Who knows what one he pursues not just for college, but even potentially as a career after college, but there is no way he would not wrestle as a senior. Being a dual sport football/wrestler in college would be difficult, however, I think that is SDSU's only hope at landing him is if they are a school willing to let him do both. He would more than likely need to be a D-Lineman so it is a bit easier to stay closer to that 285 range in the fall.

A lot can change in the next 2 years but he has a lot to think about. What sport does he want to do? Does he want to compete as a team or an individual? Does he want to play big time football on National Televised games in the Big Ten or SEC? Does he want to be a potential NFL player or a potential Olympic athlete? I don't think either one is unrealistic if he continues doing what he's doing, stays physically and mentally sharp.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                              The money is in football, so guess that will be the direction. Have been wrong before, however.

Comment

Working...
                              X