X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 Recruits

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Wait... what is the kleenex for... I hope it's for tears of joy...?
    Are those happy tissues? Or Sad tissues?

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
      Are those happy tissues? Or Sad tissues?
      Depends on if you wear blue or that ugly color. Blue is happy.

Comment

His list of offers is off the charts - what a steal! This will really help ease some of our losses after this season.

Comment

https://maizenews.com/12972/sports/c...-dakota-state/

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            His list of offers is off the charts - what a steal! This will really help ease some of our losses after this season.
            This.

Comment

The more I read, the more excited I get. And that tape is nuts. The play at 1:45 ... oof.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                The more I read, the more excited I get. And that tape is nuts. The play at 1:45 ... oof.
                Kid dunks.....a lot. Jon Konchar 2.0?

Comment

Mother of god, that highlight tape is something to behold. On a couple of those dunks it looks like he jumped off a trampoline.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Looks like area coaches think this is a big deal too based on Zimmer's tweet:

https://twitter.com/argusmattz/statu...33670064701440

Comment

Yahoo Sports Article

"Grill, the son of a former Wichita State basketball player, is an elite shooter, underrated passer and an exceptional athlete. He posted the second best mark in the high jump in the state of Kansas as a junior and will be the favorite to capture the state title in that event next spring."

Comment

Grill's HUDL is crazy, he attacks the basket and throws down...then 5' past the line he just cranks them out. I first thought his release is too low but hell it's so fast no one can react to it. Like Marino throwing a FB.

This kid committing to us has me believing that Matthew Mors isn't a pipe dream to come here. Put those guys on the floor with the other pieces in the fold and the ones coming, wowzers. I just hope we can find a way to keep TJ around for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                          Grill's HUDL is crazy, he attacks the basket and throws down...then 5' past the line he just cranks them out. I first thought his release is too low but hell it's so fast no one can react to it. Like Marino throwing a FB.

This kid committing to us has me believing that Matthew Mors isn't a pipe dream to come here. Put those guys on the floor with the other pieces in the fold and the ones coming, wowzers. I just hope we can find a way to keep TJ around for awhile.
                          This my thought as well. A commit like this hopefully motivates others with major college offers to consider the benefits of SDSU.

Comment

TJ and crew deserve a ton of credit! Players do not commit to a school they commit to the coach!

Comment

He 's got so much momentum built up attacking from the side that it looks like his body is just about straight out to the opposite side as he's holding on to the rim until his forward inertia subsides a bit and he lets go of the rim (3:29)....that's attacking with a purpose...man, great highlight reel.Great shooter,we are so blessed to get a commit like this!

Comment

If these players come to fruition like we hope, I will have vastly underestimated TJ. As I have been told before, I have a elephant memory, the first few games he coached were rough. He admitted that. With that said, I am a believer in him now. Every person is different, but lets hope he has a mindset that he wants to prove to the world/himself/the fan base, that he can take us to the next level. And if he does, or when he does, lets hope he is happy to be a part of our little community. I think there is something to be said for a small town hero. But money talks. This is the one part I am not jaded about, or maybe just naïve about.

Comment

Working...
                                X