X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 Recruits

Originally posted by LARabbit View Post
    Here’s a video from when Doug Wilson (33 blue) and Kirkwood played at DMACC vs Tray Buchanan (2 white) in late February. Wilson had 22 points and 14 rebounds in 25 minutes. Tray had 30 points going 12-13 from the line. Kirkwood won 94-78.
    https://youtu.be/MNdiOFERZkg
    He reminds me a lot of NDSU's Tyson Ward. Crafty undersized post player that could flourish in the Summit League.

Comment

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned here but DJ is apparently on the radar screen of the Arizona Wildcats.
      https://www.azdesertswarm.com/platform/amp/basketball/2019/4/3/18294282/david-jenkins-transfer-south-dakota-state-arizona-wildcats-hazzard-recruiting-2019

Comment

Originally posted by Tucsonjack View Post
        I don’t know if it’s been mentioned here but DJ is apparently on the radar screen of the Arizona Wildcats.
        https://www.azdesertswarm.com/platform/amp/basketball/2019/4/3/18294282/david-jenkins-transfer-south-dakota-state-arizona-wildcats-hazzard-recruiting-2019
        Who isn't he on the radar of at this point besides Duke, UNC, and Kentucky? Good for him tbh. I mean it would have been great to see him finish his college career here like Daum, but I'm guessing seeing Mooney do what he's done combined with TJ leaving, and finally Grill decommiting made it a no brainer for him. The one interesting thing would be if Grill stuck to his commitment, would he have stayed? I'm still kind of guessing no.

Comment

Originally posted by LARabbit View Post
          Here’s a video from when Doug Wilson (33 blue) and Kirkwood played at DMACC vs Tray Buchanan (2 white) in late February. Wilson had 22 points and 14 rebounds in 25 minutes. Tray had 30 points going 12-13 from the line. Kirkwood won 94-78.
          https://youtu.be/MNdiOFERZkg
          Nice video, thanks for finding it. I think both look like they could be productive players for the team. I was surprised with how much Wilson handled the ball, and Tray actually reminded me a bit of DJJ with the type of game he plays.

Comment

I just hope Wilson sticks with his commitment. At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if he jumps ship too. Let's hope all that is over now.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
              I just hope Wilson sticks with his commitment. At this point, it wouldn't surprise me if he jumps ship too. Let's hope all that is over now.
              I'm sure Otz is on him too...

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                A piece I would like to see added is a bigger (6'6) wing player who can shoot the 3 - similiar to AJ Hess. A grad transfer would be ideal as that opens the scholarship again a year from now.
                Anyone know about Fiegen or Scheiermain's games? Are either consisten outside threats?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                  Anyone know about Fiegen or Scheiermain's games? Are either consisten outside threats?
                  Scheierman will be an outside threat, and Fiegen has shown the ability to be one (no clue how he's been developing his college game).

Will they be 40% 3pt shooters? Way too early to say.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    I'm sure Otz is on him too...
                    Otz has six players in the transfer portal to worry about so I sure he wants to sort out that mess before going after our recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                      Scheierman is a good shooter. He's not Caleb Grill, but he's pretty darn good. (I was really looking forward to those two playing together).
                      -I think just moves up his playing time a bit... he's a good player, and he's going to be a good one.

Fiegen is NOT his brother... a little more athletic, a little quicker, a little better shooter from the perimeter... More Chad White than Tony Fiegen... but probably more of a stretch 4 type.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                        Scheierman is a good shooter. He's not Caleb Grill, but he's pretty darn good. (I was really looking forward to those two playing together).
                        -I think just moves up his playing time a bit... he's a good player, and he's going to be a good one.

Fiegen is NOT his brother... a little more athletic, a little quicker, a little better shooter from the perimeter... More Chad White than Tony Fiegen... but probably more of a stretch 4 type.
                        You beat me too it. Fiegen bros are quite different other than height and length, although Tony bulked up quite a bit during his career so it'll be nice to see Aaron do the same. I can't remember if I heard it from Zim or Klink but Aaron is not quite the athlete Tony was or the true low post player, but is more skilled and a far better shooter. Not sure if that's mid-range or 3pt

Comment

Originally posted by MNJack3 View Post
                          You beat me too it. Fiegen bros are quite different other than height and length, although Tony bulked up quite a bit during his career so it'll be nice to see Aaron do the same. I can't remember if I heard it from Zim or Klink but Aaron is not quite the athlete Tony was or the true low post player, but is more skilled and a far better shooter. Not sure if that's mid-range or 3pt
                          He shot 3's pretty well in HS. Not sure what his percentage was...but pretty well for a 6'7" guy in the High School game.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

Saw Scheierman play 4 different times over the last 3 years. I would say his vision is exceptional and his ability to deliver the pass. He has unlimited range, 28ft plus, with pretty good results. This year in the game I watched he didn't bring the ball up the floor except for fast breaks but was a point forward on offense. At his height he was able to get to the rim at will against smaller competition and could finish well. All in all he was impressive, my concerns would be foot speed especially defensively and he has always been a little slighter build so he will have to hit the weight room.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                              Saw Scheierman play 4 different times over the last 3 years. I would say his vision is exceptional and his ability to deliver the pass. He has unlimited range, 28ft plus, with pretty good results. This year in the game I watched he didn't bring the ball up the floor except for fast breaks but was a point forward on offense. At his height he was able to get to the rim at will against smaller competition and could finish well. All in all he was impressive, my concerns would be foot speed especially defensively and he has always been a little slighter build so he will have to hit the weight room.
                              I'm really high on Scheierman, but I think he would've been a great redshirt candidate if we had proper depth. As NebraskaJack mentioned, he has work to do in the weight room, but once he gets there, I think he's going to be a terrific player. Would've LOVED to see him play with Caleb, but I need to stop thinking about that now. Anyways, junior and senior year Baylor Scheierman is going to be a bad dude.

Comment

Anyone heard any news about Noah Friedel? There’s talk on the USD board about him being back on the market and wanting to play closer to home.

Comment

Working...
                                X