X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SD Player of the year to SDSU

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    This is exactly what we needed to turn the page to the next era of SDSU basketball. I love it.

Welcome aboard Noah - and nice job Hendo and staff!
    Excellent welcome aboard!

Comment

• Re: 2019 Recruits

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      SDSU would have offered if they didn’t get Grill
      Good win for hendo.

also otz had zero desire for him and showed no interest. That’s a fact. And the grill thing makes no sense. He could have easily played with grill and Jenkins.

Great win win for us today.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

JacksRiseUp: No need to shout! (Although, I think the news of Freidel becoming a Jackrabbit is worth shouting about.). And, it's preferred you cite your source when printing a long quote. In this case, the source is the Argus Leader article cited in an earlier post. Here's the citation again:
          https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...ll/3440103002/

Comment

Originally posted by JacksRiseUp View Post
            Also, this: https://twitter.com/EricGetsBuckets/...82926776479745

Comment

I'm super excited about Noah Freidel's commitment. It fits for many reasons. There are numerous guys like him that can prove to be outstanding Summit League players that often don't get offers initially due to other offers/commitments. I had been pestering TJ for a few years on two players from Kearney. Neither really got pursued by the staff, and I can understand based on some of the original commitments that we had received.

Nearly two weeks ago, Kanon Koster announced he was transferring to USD this next year. Kanon is a phenomenal athlete that understands the game so well. His dad has the Mister Basketball program/tournaments that you see around the Midwest. Kanon is a tweener at the DI level as he doesn't have the length to be a 3 and may not have the lateral quickness to defend some guards. Yet his combination of knowledge, shooting touch/range, vision, strength and leaping ability has made him a star in Nebraska. He was first team super state in basketball after both his junior and senior seasons. Only five players make first team each year. For perspective, Baylor Scheierman made the 2nd team his senior season. He also was first team super state as a QB after his senior season in which they lost the championship in the closing minutes. As a freshman at University of Nebraska - Kearney, he averaged 16.5 points and 5.9 rebounds in the toughest DII conference. He turned down offers from Furman, Maine and McNeese State to stay closer to home. In my opinion, he's a better player than NDSU's Sam Griesel and Jared Samuelson who he routinely played against in high school. He and Griesel were teammates in the AAU summer circuit.

Kanon's high school teammate, Shiloh Robinson accepted an offer from Liberty for this next year. The Omaha World Herald had him rated as the 2nd best player in the Nebraska class of 2020. At 6'7", he may be a little undersized as a power forward who's not a legit perimeter player. He also fielded offers from USD, Rice, Lehigh, San Francisco, Fairfield, and Radford. Outstanding post moves, excellent mid-range jumper, and an excellent rim protector.

I bring up these players as regional talents that have been shared with the staff since their freshman/sophomore years. I think TJ made the right choices in getting the commitments he did instead of these players. I also think this level of talent could have played an excellent role for the Jackrabbits in years to come.

While TJ did not pursue Freidel like he did other talented players from the Midwest, I honestly feel he got the best talent he could to commit to SDSU. It will be fun to watch some of these players develop in the years to come. While I want to see Kanon Koster succeed, I hope it doesn't happen against SDSU in his last three years of eligibility. If we are fortunate to face his high school teammate, it would mean that were are likely facing Robinson's Liberty University in a post season tournament.

Like someone else on this board commented, if he could get a player like Grille to commit, it makes you wonder how good his other commitments that will be on the roster this fall will be.

Comment

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...ll/3440103002/
                Today's headline in the Argus for Noah.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  Two plays from this La Lumiere game might be the biggest reason I'm excited about him. Early in the game, in a play that's not on this video, he went up and tried to block an Isaiah Stewart dunk. He got absolutely posterized. Even so, he still went up and blocked Keion Brooks dunk in the 2nd half. Those are two legit high major guys.

He has great talent, but he is absolutely fearless and won't be afraid to compete against anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by blue? View Post
                    Two plays from this La Lumiere game might be the biggest reason I'm excited about him. Early in the game, in a play that's not on this video, he went up and tried to block an Isaiah Stewart dunk. He got absolutely posterized. Even so, he still went up and blocked Keion Brooks dunk in the 2nd half. Those are two legit high major guys.

He has great talent, but he is absolutely fearless and won't be afraid to compete against anyone.
                    Thats what the team needed this last year.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                      Thats what the team needed this last year.
                      Absolutely, you can't say enough good things about players who work hard, play hard and give their all to be the best they can.

Comment

I moved three posts discussing rumor of AJ Plitzulweit transferring from Augustana to points as-yet unknown. I set up a new thread under College Athletics, titled College Basketball Misc. If there's some connection made with SDSU, the topic could be connected back up with the 2019 Recruits thread but right now there appears to be no connection with SDSU. It's a note-worthy discussion point: he was a good player for Augie and, is anyone is drawing a blank on the name: he's the son of USD's women's coach.

Comment

David Wingett who is from Winnebago Nebraska had originally considered the Jacks and ended up at Memphis has entered the transfer portal.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                            David Wingett who is from Winnebago Nebraska had originally considered the Jacks and ended up at Memphis has entered the transfer portal.
                            We've probably gotten to the point of the transfer process where coaches are "encouraging" players to leave to make room for bringing in transfers who they think gives them a better chance of winning. With hundreds of players still in the transfer portal, there will likely be more of this happening.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              Coach Hendo is still following Wingett on twitter.

Comment

• I took a look at the stats of former commit Caleb Grill at Iowa State who did not redshirt. Has played in 20 games with average of 10.2 minutes per game. 12-44 from the field and 5-30 from 3. 1.7 average.

Comment

Working...
                                X