X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 Recruits

Originally posted by hometownjack View Post
    Per Mark Miller it looks like Ryan Krueger will be transferring. That will open up a scholarship for potential grad transfer or transfer from another university. Didn't think he was given a fair shake this year and wish him the best.

https://twitter.com/WisBBYearbook/st...60017051086848
    Bummer. I was looking forward to him and his shooting.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Bummer. I was looking forward to him and his shooting.
      He seemed to really be able to drill it.

One thing though when he did get on the floor he just flat looked lost on the defensive end.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        He seemed to really be able to drill it.

One thing though when he did get on the floor he just flat looked lost on the defensive end.
        With how little game time he got not surpsing. Dont most have. Bigger learning curve for defense? I thought he held his own in the tourney against western. But would need to watch replay to really see how he did. He had effort for sure.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Losing Krueger is not good. Thought he looked serviceable to solid in the few minutes he did get. A guy I could see improving and being a solid starter as an upper classman. I won’t beat a dead horse but guys like this need to play not only for their own development and happiness in the program but to keep starters fresh with gas in the tank to play defense. This one is on TJ IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            Since he has already used a redshirt year he will need to sit out a year at Div I school if that is his intentions.
            I would say it is likely Krueger will be transferring to a D2 school considering he'd have to burn another year of eligibility to transfer D1 (with less of a guarantee of playing time as well). Too bad. Thought he could have been at least a solid contributor next year, if not better. Kid had a beautiful looking shot.
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

Krueger's departure could create room for an upgrade. Nothing wrong with that.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Really hate to lose someone, but to be honest I can't remember the last time we didn't have at least one person at the end of the bench leave at the end of the season. Unfortunately I don't think this would qualify as a major surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                  Really hate to lose someone, but to be honest I can't remember the last time we didn't have at least one person at the end of the bench leave at the end of the season. Unfortunately I don't think this would qualify as a major surprise.
                  Right, it would almost be more surprising if they all stayed. This isn't 1995 anymore, the amount of player movement seems to increase every year. Just take a look at the list so far for 2019 - and there will be a lot more to come. It's like a shopping spree for coaches.

https://watchstadium.com/news/compre...ng-12-29-2018/

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                    Right, it would almost be more surprising if they all stayed. This isn't 1995 anymore, the amount of player movement seems to increase every year. Just take a look at the list so far for 2019 - and there will be a lot more to come. It's like a shopping spree for coaches.

https://watchstadium.com/news/compre...ng-12-29-2018/
                    Thought it would be interesting to see how many players left during the Nagy years. A total of 12 left in his last 5 seasons. Some familiar names like Broman, Doyle, Prince, Monaghan and Donlan, but some that I didn't even remember that they had ever been Jacks.

Comment

According to @Evan_Flood, we are showing interest in Donovan Ivory, a 6'5" wing out of Kaukauna, WI.

Previously committed to Minnesota-Duluth. Now has standing offers from Valparaiso, UC Davis, SIU-Edwardsville, along with a preferred walk on offer from Wisconsin.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/6936176/Donovan-Ivory
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

Grill visiting Iowa State tomorrow (Tuesday).

https://twitter.com/MatthewBain_/sta...90414493474816

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          Thought it would be interesting to see how many players left during the Nagy years. A total of 12 left in his last 5 seasons. Some familiar names like Broman, Doyle, Prince, Monaghan and Donlan, but some that I didn't even remember that they had ever been Jacks.
                          I don't think that I would count Doyle's class. Didn't his class leave the same time that Nagy left and TJ came in?
                          That would make it 11 players leaving. Two of them were Joey Feilmeier from Dakota Valley High School and Austin Hennings from Jefferson High School. I'm sure they were both walk-ons.

That would make it 9 players in 5 years.
                          2014-15- Anders Broman
                          2013-14- Matt Donlan and Joshua White
                          2012-13- Joey Feilmeier, Ruben Silva and Taevaunn Prince
                          2011-12- Alex Olson, Zach Monaghan, Samuel Francis and Austin Hennings
                          2010-11- Aireus Stephenson

I could be wrong on this but I think it is fairly accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                            I don't think that I would count Doyle's class. Didn't his class leave the same time that Nagy left and TJ came in?
                            That would make it 11 players leaving. Two of them were Joey Feilmeier from Dakota Valley High School and Austin Hennings from Jefferson High School. I'm sure they were both walk-ons.

That would make it 9 players in 5 years.
                            2014-15- Anders Broman
                            2013-14- Matt Donlan and Joshua White
                            2012-13- Joey Feilmeier, Ruben Silva and Taevaunn Prince
                            2011-12- Alex Olson, Zach Monaghan, Samuel Francis and Austin Hennings
                            2010-11- Aireus Stephenson

I could be wrong on this but I think it is fairly accurate.
                            In his two seasons as a Jack, Doyle played a total of 43 minutes in 15 games. I think he was likely gone even if Nagy hadn't left.

Comment

Caleb Grill has picked up offers from Iowa State and Creighton in the last couple of day after visiting both schools. If you were pessimistic about him recommitting before, you should feel more-so now.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                                Caleb Grill has picked up offers from Iowa State and Creighton in the last couple of day after visiting both schools. If you were pessimistic about him recommitting before, you should feel more-so now.
                                He was gone the minute he decommitted. So was DJJ.

Yeah, I know they both said they still might come to SDSU but when was the last time we saw that happen? It doesn't happen. They just say that to appease the current fan base, coaches and future teammates. Matt Mooney said the same thing about possibly coming back to USD when he announced it was going to consider grad transferring.

Comment

Working...
                                X