X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 Recruits

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Caleb Grill senior year highlights: https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6454703...53c210846cb766

Yeeeeeeeeesh
    That is the reason why National writers were tweeting about his commitment to SDSU. Also the reason that Freidel from Tea wasn’t pursued harder.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      It will be interesting to see what the Jacks do with the scholarship that they have left. With no scholarship players in next year's senior class, it would make sense in a perfect world to bring in a grad transfer for a year, and then be able to use that scholarship again for the 20/21 season.
      That is an answer that is not close to resolution until graduation days arrive. Grad transfers are only hypothetical until graduation day. It would seem likely it is on the horizon since there have been no other ripples.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
        How do you develop quickness? I'm not trying to start a fight about it but it seems to me you either have it or you don't?
        Through specific weight training you can definitely improve explosiveness. To an extent you either have it or don't, but there is room for training-based changes. Purely speculation here, but with Owen and Baylor being multi-sport athletes, it's very possible they haven't spent an extended period of time in a weight room and have a lot of room to mature physically and blossom in certain areas.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          That is an answer that is not close to resolution until graduation days arrive. Grad transfers are only hypothetical until graduation day. It would seem likely it is on the horizon since there have been no other ripples.
          Otz has seemed to be able to keep recruiting interests pretty close to the vest. I don't think anyone had heard of DJJ before he commited.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            Caleb Grill senior year highlights: https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6454703...53c210846cb766

Yeeeeeeeeesh
            If this doesn’t get you immediately excited for next year you might want to find an entirely new way to spend your free time.

That kid is just explosive.

Comment

Maybe it's me but I feel like I'm watching John konchar highlights.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                Maybe it's me but I feel like I'm watching John konchar highlights.
                Very good comparison. Maybe even more athletic.

Wow, are we sure this kid is coming here? I would be very surprised if he doesn't pan out to be a top level player. So glad he chose SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
                  Through specific weight training you can definitely improve explosiveness. To an extent you either have it or don't, but there is room for training-based changes. Purely speculation here, but with Owen and Baylor being multi-sport athletes, it's very possible they haven't spent an extended period of time in a weight room and have a lot of room to mature physically and blossom in certain areas.
                  He doesn't look quick, but he glides with that long frame and you can tell he's very basketball intelligent, which makes up for any lack of quickness.

Obviously he's a very good passer, but beyond that his step back game is very strong and really impressed me. If you're that long and can step back and consistently knock down shots like that, you've got something there.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                    He doesn't look quick, but he glides with that long frame and you can tell he's very basketball intelligent, which makes up for any lack of quickness.

Obviously he's a very good passer, but beyond that his step back game is very strong and really impressed me. If you're that long and can step back and consistently knock down shots like that, you've got something there.
                    The step back looks James Harden-esque

Comment

Also a lefty, with Arians, I like it.
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
                        The step back looks James Harden-esque
                        Exactly. It's very popular right now, so everyone is trying to emulate it, but it's difficult and he seems to do it well.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          Evidently Coach Otz is in Moorhead to watch Maleek Harden tonight. Would be nice addition to next years squad.
                          Have we heard anything more about this yet? Looks like he's still not committed.

Comment

Yes
                            Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                            Have we heard anything more about this yet? Looks like he's still not committed.
                            According to Meleeck latest tweet, no decision has been made. Naturally NDSU is in the hunt for this recruit.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                              How do you develop quickness? I'm not trying to start a fight about it but it seems to me you either have it or you don't?
                              Strength & Conditioning coaches can do some amazing things these days to help with player development. Focus on sport specific training vs the old fashion Lift Weights & Do Sprints. SDSU's MBB Strength Coach received a ton of credit for Mike's transformation and emergence for the work he did with Mike during his True Freshman year.

Comment

Originally posted by MNJack3 View Post
                                Strength & Conditioning coaches can do some amazing things these days to help with player development. Focus on sport specific training vs the old fashion Lift Weights & Do Sprints. SDSU's MBB Strength Coach received a ton of credit for Mike's transformation and emergence for the work he did with Mike during his True Freshman year.
                                Just look at Telly as another example of development.

Comment

Working...
                                X