X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 Recruits

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    I like soft spoken people, who know what they like, and who go for it. I know he'll fit in with his teammates, and the fans will embrace him. He has genuine humility which i consider a very under appreciated virtue. He'll do great here ,and looking forward to watching him ,and all the Jacks play.
    We as fans have to give the kid time. I talk to a lor of folks that are already saying he is the next superstar at SDSU. That is a lot of pressure to put on an 18 year old. My worry is that the same people that freaked out over the Canada trip will turn on him if he doesn't come out of the gates fast.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
      We as fans have to give the kid time. I talk to a lor of folks that are already saying he is the next superstar at SDSU. That is a lot of pressure to put on an 18 year old. My worry is that the same people that freaked out over the Canada trip will turn on him if he doesn't come out of the gates fast.
      Not me, I'll give him time, it's only fair. I don't think people perform as good under a lot of pressure. Some can, but not all. Four years is enough time for me, hoping the last two are great for this young man,if sooner ,great.

Comment

Maleek Hardin of Moorhead was to have visited on August 27th. Has offer from NDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          I dont think something like that will slow this kid down. He seems tough.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            Last night he passed for 517 yards and 8 touchdowns.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
              Last night he passed for 517 yards and 8 touchdowns.
              Scheierman followed up last week with a 7 touchdown 425 yard game this week. I know it is small school football but at 6'6" he might start getting some looks at QB.

Comment

Scheierman followed up last week with a 7 touchdown 425 yard game this week. I know it is small school football but at 6'6" he might start getting some looks at QB.
                Yes, Aurora is small school compared to the metro schools, but this program has been one of the elite sports towns in Nebraska. Until this year, Aurora was always competitive in class B. Just three years ago they got beat by Elkhorn South in the state championship game after dispatching another current class A team in Gretna. Aurora has also produced numerous Huskers, including Austin Allen who played a fair amount against Colorado on Saturday as a redshirt freshman.

I talked to a player from Kearney Catholic on Sunday, who got lit up by Scheierman in the 8 TD performance two weeks ago. This kid said he had never seen a player like that. When you consider that this kid's teammate last year was Matt Masker, who received an offer from SDSU before walking on as a QB for the Huskers this year, that's a high compliment.

I too, am worried that his success this fall may reopen his recruitment for football. Aurora's football team may be the best team outside of class A this year and Scheierman is the biggest reason.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                  Yes, Aurora is small school compared to the metro schools, but this program has been one of the elite sports towns in Nebraska. Until this year, Aurora was always competitive in class B. Just three years ago they got beat by Elkhorn South in the state championship game after dispatching another current class A team in Gretna. Aurora has also produced numerous Huskers, including Austin Allen who played a fair amount against Colorado on Saturday as a redshirt freshman.

I talked to a player from Kearney Catholic on Sunday, who got lit up by Scheierman in the 8 TD performance two weeks ago. This kid said he had never seen a player like that. When you consider that this kid's teammate last year was Matt Masker, who received an offer from SDSU before walking on as a QB for the Huskers this year, that's a high compliment.

I too, am worried that his success this fall may reopen his recruitment for football. Aurora's football team may be the best team outside of class A this year and Scheierman is the biggest reason.
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora,_Nebraska just to help out those who do not know their way around Nebraska. Aurora is a little bigger than Aurora SD. They are Class C-1 which is not a struggling high school for male enrollment. No coops or any of the stuff going on in SD. It sounds like Scotty Frost and his walk-on program is going to raise havoc with SDSU recruiting. The article mentions Eric Henderson so hopefully we hang on.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora,_Nebraska just to help out those who do not know their way around Nebraska. Aurora is a little bigger than Aurora SD. They are Class C-1 which is not a struggling high school for male enrollment. No coops or any of the stuff going on in SD. It sounds like Scotty Frost and his walk-on program is going to raise havoc with SDSU recruiting. The article mentions Eric Henderson so hopefully we hang on.
                    It really sucks. Nebraska football is bringing in big time athletes from all over the country but expect the Nebraska kids (other than the top 2-3 players) to walk-on. I get it, we do it too but there is a brainwashing that takes place on Nebraskan kids that begins soon after their birth. In all seriousness, I am worried about the Frost effect on our NebraskaJacks.
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                      It really sucks. Nebraska football is bringing in big time athletes from all over the country but expect the Nebraska kids (other than the top 2-3 players) to walk-on. I get it, we do it too but there is a brainwashing that takes place on Nebraskan kids that begins soon after their birth. In all seriousness, I am worried about the Frost effect on our NebraskaJacks.
                      In the mid 1980’s when I first moved to Nebraska I recall reading a well written article about Husker Seniors playing their last home game. I was amazed to read how many in-State players had turned down NCC offers to walk-on. Scotty has some of that Tom Osborne charisma and no doubt understands area recruiting real well. Yes a reason to be concerned, moving up we have more resources than at the D2 level. Twice around, the walk on program may not catch on likes it did decades ago.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                        In all seriousness, I am worried about the Frost effect on our NebraskaJacks.
                        Don't worry, I'll be fine.

Comment

Don't worry, I'll be fine.
                          You might be fine, but we have watch out for the Tom Osborne clone-Scotty

Comment

Mr. Frost will cause some problems for us but I think we need to keep recruiting just as we are in Nebraska. There will be some kids who will go there because it is a lifelong dream. Others will value the scholarship money and go elsewhere, and others still will be like Jared Blum and realize after a couple of years they want to play and scout team isn't good enough....we just need to keep the doors open.

I think Frost will right the ship at Nebraska. As that happens, he will bring in more and more talent and kids will realize the odds of cracking the roster are slim. Short term we will take a hit, but longer term I think we will be fine. When it comes down to it, he only has 86 scholarships and UNL is expensive.

Comment

Mr. Frost will cause some problems for us but I think we need to keep recruiting just as we are in Nebraska. There will be some kids who will go there because it is a lifelong dream. Others will value the scholarship money and go elsewhere, and others still will be like Jared Blum and realize after a couple of years they want to play and scout team isn't good enough....we just need to keep the doors open.

I think Frost will right the ship at Nebraska. As that happens, he will bring in more and more talent and kids will realize the odds of cracking the roster are slim. Short term we will take a hit, but longer term I think we will be fine. When it comes down to it, he only has 86 scholarships and UNL is expensive.
                              Let me preface this by saying that I am neither a Nebraska fan nor a Nebraska hater. With that being said, I think that folks have put a lot of high hopes on Frost. What is deemed "righting the ship" exactly? He isn't going to win a NC at Nebraska unless there is a major paradigm shift in the FBS.

But I do agree that we will probably lose a few guys near term as they buy into the hype of being at Nebraska. However, it doesn't seem to me that Stig and company are really big on the FBS transfers. Maybe I am forgetting some major contributors to the team, but it just doesn't seem to be our forte. Perhaps that will change too.
                              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

That why I mentioned the move to D1, its given us resources, namely scholarship money, that we did not have in the NCC days. It was amazing how some young men would pay their own way just to be on scholarship the final year at UNL and also collect that Orange Bowl Ring. The walk on program may not work for Frost like it did for Osborne. Yes, I agree he might get a few from us, but if Eric Henderson SDSU bb assistant stays in contact, we should see Mr. Scheierman should show up on schedule.

Comment

Working...
                                X