X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 Recruits

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Keep improving the team and keep getting it to NCAA tourneys, and SDSU will establish itself as a highly desired coaching job for up and coming coaching stars like TJ. In his early years, Scott Nagy was one, too.
    This smashes the nail on the head! The other thing that needs to happen is to fill Frost Arena on a regular basis. Look at the premier mid-major programs (Gonzaga, Wichita St, etc.) and you will see teams that have arenas full of fans. We are going the right way, just need to keep it rolling. TJ and his staff are getting it done. The other part is up to us fans.

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
      This smashes the nail on the head! The other thing that needs to happen is to fill Frost Arena on a regular basis. Look at the premier mid-major programs (Gonzaga, Wichita St, etc.) and you will see teams that have arenas full of fans. We are going the right way, just need to keep it rolling. TJ and his staff are getting it done. The other part is up to us fans.

SUPERBUNNY
      I like your thinking but those schools are vastly different from us.

Comment

Noah just landed an offer from Nagy and Co.
        Originally posted by slosho View Post
        He's a shirt Tail Cousin of mine (trough marriage only) they are quite good the whole lot of them but as I understand it the oldest while an excellent baseball player might not be the best of the bunch (At Basketball) I.E. his younger brother is said to be better.

Ethan Plays for Briar Cliff that is correct. Noah is his younger Brother. Noah Scored his 1000th Point last year and was a junior at the time.
        Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
          I like your thinking but those schools are vastly different from us.
          Without question or dispute. In many, many ways. Let's look at it from what it takes to get to their level leaving out the vast differences (population, geographics, etc.)

My point is with any program that is perpetually strong that there is a very strong fanbase behind it. They fill the stands for their games. There is a demand for tickets rather than just selling out a couple games here and there. Heck, we aren't even doing that which is shocking. Boosters are providing the resources needed to make it all go. That is happening at Gonzaga and Wichita State. You can say that in just about any sport. NDSU in FCS football. Boise State in FBS football.

We have a solid fanbase at SDSU. However to go to the upper echelons of mid-major basketball and stay there takes all of those things happening. Can we do it here? Who knows?

We all love where we are at now and are excited about the future with TJ and staff bringing in great recruits. With a team like this we should have a full gym on a Saturday night. The atmosphere should be electric in Frost Arena. My goodness, if we can't get people excited about the men's and women's programs that we have coming back this year then we have really become a jaded bunch of fans. If there was ever a year when that fan on the fence of getting tickets should want to do it, this is the year. Will it happen? Do we move forward in that regard? Or is last year what we can expect?

Personally, I'm pretty jacked up about it. I'm sure most of us on here are as well. What do we have to do to convert the casual fan into a die hard. How do we make Frost Arena the place to be this year and into the future?

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
            Without question or dispute. In many, many ways. Let's look at it from what it takes to get to their level leaving out the vast differences (population, geographics, etc.)

My point is with any program that is perpetually strong that there is a very strong fanbase behind it. They fill the stands for their games. There is a demand for tickets rather than just selling out a couple games here and there. Heck, we aren't even doing that which is shocking. Boosters are providing the resources needed to make it all go. That is happening at Gonzaga and Wichita State. You can say that in just about any sport. NDSU in FCS football. Boise State in FBS football.

We have a solid fanbase at SDSU. However to go to the upper echelons of mid-major basketball and stay there takes all of those things happening. Can we do it here? Who knows?

We all love where we are at now and are excited about the future with TJ and staff bringing in great recruits. With a team like this we should have a full gym on a Saturday night. The atmosphere should be electric in Frost Arena. My goodness, if we can't get people excited about the men's and women's programs that we have coming back this year then we have really become a jaded bunch of fans. If there was ever a year when that fan on the fence of getting tickets should want to do it, this is the year. Will it happen? Do we move forward in that regard? Or is last year what we can expect?

Personally, I'm pretty jacked up about it. I'm sure most of us on here are as well. What do we have to do to convert the casual fan into a die hard. How do we make Frost Arena the place to be this year and into the future?

SUPERBUNNY
            This so spot on. People need to start showing up and supporting this program IN PERSON if we want to be taken a a serious mid-Major. Can we open the tailgate lots for basketball games?

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
              This so spot on. People need to start showing up and supporting this program IN PERSON if we want to be taken a a serious mid-Major. Can we open the tailgate lots for basketball games?
              You meant a climate controlled inside tailgate lot correct?

Comment

You meant a climate controlled inside tailgate lot correct?
                The SJAC. Sack lunches only, no fires on the artificial turf, just lawn chairs and booze (ha, j/k) pre-made goodies everyone exchanges ,samples , games to play and of course good conversation ,pack up 1/2 hr before game time. Call it the "Tailgate Game ",fun for everyone bring the kids too.

I suppose it'd be too messy though ,what with the slush being drug in.It'd be unique if you could cover the turf adequately,probably not feasible though, might be too much liability if someone slipped and fell ,which means salt, not good for inside structures and turf.Maybe early Nov if no snow? Sorry, jus hav'n fun with the idea.
                Last edited by jackdaniel; 08-06-2018, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Maleek Harden 6'5 out of Moorhead,Mn will visit on Aug 27th.

Comment

Another Tea player 6'1 point guard Justin Hohn has received a D1 scholarship from UC Irvine. I dont think we have room for another guard, but surprising none of area DI's have offered Freidel or Hohn. I'm sure they are aware of them.

Comment

http://www.kwch.com/content/sports/W...490216341.html

Caleb Grill on his commitment.

Comment

Seems to be a quiet, unassuming young man. Easy to see why he might be attracted to a school like SDSU and a community like Brookings.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          Seems to be a quiet, unassuming young man. Easy to see why he might be attracted to a school like SDSU and a community like Brookings.
                          You also can't buy advertising like that! Everybody in the SDSU community should feel proud after listening to his comments. Welcome aboard Caleb and your family!

Comment

Caleb's demeanor reminds me of Nate. Soft spoken and just loves to get in the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by mr76 View Post
                              Speaking of Coach Nagy, the rumor is that he is going to offer Noah Freidel a senior from Tea HS. Justin Hohn another senior to be from Tea HS is rumored to be offered by UC Irvine as well. If it is true, that is pretty impressive for one high school in SD to have two D1players.
                              Noah Freidel has committed to Wright State.

Comment

I like soft spoken people, who know what they like, and who go for it. I know he'll fit in with his teammates, and the fans will embrace him. He has genuine humility which i consider a very under appreciated virtue. He'll do great here ,and looking forward to watching him ,and all the Jacks play.

Comment

Working...
                                X