X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 Recruits

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Jill Young had to sit out because she was enrolled and on campus at Creighton.
    I think we might all want to temper the Noah Friedel rumors here as there is nothing pointing to it that I am aware of, out side of one posters speculation based on him following coach Hendo. Which might just mean he likes the dude. If you have something more concrete I say present it. It would be great to have him so I understand the What if element. What if we got all the area's best players? perhaps a historical what if might be fun for a summer board discussion?

Comment

I agree with slosho’s comment. The original “source” of the speculation was a post on another board by a poster who, IMO, isn’t very reliable. The post on SDSUFans.com about Freidel following Coach Henderson is mildly interesting.

Jacks fans will be a little starved for goods news on men’s basketball but I’m optimistic there’ll be some.

Comment

I’m optimistic Noah is going to be here.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
          I’m optimistic Noah is going to be here.
          The Argus had a feature on Noah this morning and it did not change the commitment to Wright State. It did reference that no South Dakota team pursued. I will still encourage optimism for this young man to consider a change.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            The Argus had a feature on Noah this morning and it did not change the commitment to Wright State. It did reference that no South Dakota team pursued. I will still encourage optimism for this young man to consider a change.
            It kind of looks like a missed opportunity. His father was a very good player for Augie. And it looks like Nagy keeps an eye on South Dakota still.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              Coach Nagy obviously followed the young man (or at least became aware of him) back when he was at SDSU.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                Coach Nagy obviously followed the young man (or at least became aware of him) back when he was at SDSU.
                Likely it started with his brother Ethan.

Comment

Maleeck Harden-Hayes commits to the Bison. Had SDSU offer.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

[QUOTE=Kemo;345769]Maleeck Harden-Hayes commits to the Bison. Had SDSU offer.[/QUOTE

Per Ryan James analysis and highlight videos, he would have been a nice get. Seeing both us & NDSU were recruiting him pretty hard, I don't blame him or surprised he went with NDSU given the coaching change in Brookings.

As for recruits, I'm curious if Hendo can still bring back Krueger. He decided to transfer before TJ left (I think), and considering Hendo recruited him, have to imagine he's trying. IMO Krueger got an unfair shake of being one of the guys TJ would give good minutes too and then suddenly not play him for a few games, never understood that. Either way he would be our best shooter with no Grill or DJJ.

Comment

LOL. Blue? -- welcome to the board. [You're being mysterious...your first post and then you deleted it! Looks like you had the confirmed news a minute or two ahead of anyone else except Noah and his family]

--------

Some rumors floating around again. I've had a poster ask me a question about the attribution rule. Here's the statement of the rule:

If you feel the urge to spread rumors about players (in any sport) leaving SDSU, CITING YOUR SOURCE IS NOW REQUIRED.

Note the rule specifically addresses players, in any sports, leaving SDSU. It does not address the topic of people speculating about athletes who are not SDSU athletes. For example, it is common for people to discuss recruits and transfer students.

So, if you go to Noah Freidel's Twitter account as of a couple of minutes ago ------ He says he's going to be a Jackrabbit! Looks like it's not a rumor any more.
                      Last edited by JackJD; 04-11-2019, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Here's the link:

https://twitter.com/noah_freidel?lang=en

CONGRATS TO NOAH...CONGRATS TO HIS NEW TEAMMATES...AND TO COACH HENDO: Way to go!

Comment

How good is this Freidel, and will he play as a frosh?

Comment

This is a good sign. Here is an SD kid that T.J. couldn’t keep local. Hendo and crew got it done.

I’ve said it before and will again. We may end up better through all these changes.

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Novajack:

He has the potential to be one of the great ones if he continues to develop. Likely will play as a freshman. Coach Nagy had him coming to Wright State until we had our coaching change and lost our guard recruit, Grill, and likely lost Jenkins Junior.

This is exactly the kind of news the program needed. With the guys in the program joined by another great recruit, we have all the components coming together and once again the Jackrabbit men's basketball future looks good.

Added: Short answer to Novajack's question: How good is this Freidel? Answer: He's a Freidel. The genes are there. He's real good.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                                This is a good sign. Here is an SD kid that T.J. couldn’t keep local. Hendo and crew got it done.

I’ve said it before and will again. We may end up better through all these changes.

SUPERBUNNY
                                TJ had Grill coming in and Noah was/is too good to sit behind him hence the WSU commitment. Like Zimmer said, seems to coincide with Grill decommitting.

It definitely makes next year a little brighter
                                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X