Listening options for USD in Kansas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listening options for USD in Kansas?

I'm afraid I'll be in north-central Kansas for the USD game on 11/18, and/or on my way down through Nebraska en route. How far does the WNAX coverage go? Anyone have any idea of a radio station that would reach that far south that I could listen in on? I may be in and out of service, so streaming on my phone might not be the best. I'll be in the Salina area.

Re: Listening options for USD in Kansas?

I'd say you're out of luck in Salina...4th 0f July traveling south I had good coverage into Sabetha, KS but lost it around Holton.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
      I'm afraid I'll be in north-central Kansas for the USD game on 11/18, and/or on my way down through Nebraska en route. How far does the WNAX coverage go? Anyone have any idea of a radio station that would reach that far south that I could listen in on? I may be in and out of service, so streaming on my phone might not be the best. I'll be in the Salina area.
      Stream WNAX through your phone or any other device. Go to their website and the link is right there on game day.
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Tune-In app works well too for various sports events. Just search on the game you want to listen to and it will come up with some options. I do this a lot while tailgating at Jackrabbit FB games. Otherwise I'm afraid you'll have to alter travel plans so you can be somewhere with an internet connection.

here is how far WNAX says it will reach:

http://wnax.com/advertising-information/
        Last edited by BTownJack; 11-07-2017, 10:05 AM. Reason: WNAX Map

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
          Tune-In app works well too for various sports events. Just search on the game you want to listen to and it will come up with some options. I do this a lot while tailgating at Jackrabbit FB games. Otherwise I'm afraid you'll have to alter travel plans so you can be somewhere with an internet connection.

here is how far WNAX says it will reach:

http://wnax.com/advertising-information/
          Tune in is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Google - Jayhawk radio network. 30 outlets in Kansas. Go Jacks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
              Google - Jayhawk radio network. 30 outlets in Kansas. Go Jacks!!
              Unfortunately they aren't going to carry the USD-SDSU football game ;-)

Comment

Totally blew it. Thinking of BB! Go Jacks!!

Comment

Tibbs: You have to use your imagination! I suggest you drive as far as you can without losing the signal and then fake a car breakdown. Tell those you're traveling with that the engine is "vapor-locked" (no one ever asks what the heck that means) and you just have to let it sit...sometimes as long as a couple hours. Then finish the game. When the post-game interview with Stig is concluded, you can start the engine and go to your destination. If you're real smart, take tailgating stuff with you including some bag chairs in case the weather is decent and you can sit outside with the window open and the radio turned up.

I had to go to a nephew's Friday-evening wedding in Kansas City five years ago. There were festivities the following morning and we planned on leaving for South Dakota at about 1:00 p.m the day of the SDSU at UNI football game. I picked up WNAX on the north edge of Kansas City and while the signal wasn't perfect for a few miles,...I didn't have to go very far out of the metro area and the signal was good (had a Camry with an amazing radio). Listened to the entire game on the way home. So there's that alternative: drive to just north of KCMO.

Comment

Working...
                  X