Vote your preference: USD or NDSU 11/11/17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote your preference: USD or NDSU 11/11/17

Damn, this is the third try at setting up a poll. Typing skills leave much to be desired.

This poll isn't about who you think will win. This is a preference poll: WHICH TEAM DO YOU WANT TO WIN IN FARGO THIS SATURDAY, 11/11/17?

My guts tell me NDSU wins a classic MVFC battle but not by much. My preference, however, is for the 'Yotes cruising to a comfortable 14+ point win. A USD win helps create a big knot at the top of the conference. An NDSU win keeps the Bison in first place and that much closer to visiting the jewelers to design another MVFC Championship ring.

Voting results will show, identifying each voters preference ---edit: well I thought I checked that preference.
    USD Coyotes
    64.15%
    NDSU Bison
    35.85%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by JackJD; 11-06-2017, 11:16 AM.

Re: Vote your preference: USD or NDSU 11/11/17

I'll vote Yote. That's the only way I see that SDSU can share a second straight conference title.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

If NDSU loses, there's a better chance that the road to Frisco doesn't go through Fargo. Imo, I'm a lot more concerned about that than a conference title.

Comment

My vote:

Fiery-comet-heading-towards-the-Earth.jpg
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Gotta be a yote fan this saturday.

Also gotta go wash my filthy mouth out with soap for saying it, and scrub my nasty-ass hands with sandpaper and gasoline for typing it.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I voted yotes. If we win out and the yotes beat the bison that should get us seeded ahead of the bison.

Comment

I voted yotes. Guess it's that whole "South Dakota" thing. Also, they've experienced some adversity of late that's not wished on anyone. Would like to see them win 1 more game this year - but only 1.

Comment

I think if SDSU and NDSU end up 9-2, we'll be the 4 and five seed. I'd guess that we'd be higher, but it's really a toss up. If the bison do win out, the poll that comes out Wednesday might tell us the chances of being fed into them. We made a big jump in the coaches poll (it's a terrible poll, I know...) If we make a similar jump in the one that matters, 9-2 SDSU may end up as a 4/5, and 10-1 NDSU may be a 2/3. In that scenario, we aren't going to Fargo. That's a big IF, but if we are rewarded a bunch for yesterday's win, we could close out the season and be looking at a high enough seed to either avoid fargo until the semis, or all together.

A Yotes loss though would place them in bubble territory though, and we could end their playoff hopes the next week. At 7-4, they'd be #6 in the Valley. The Valley hasn't ever gotten in 6 teams, and there will be a lot of teams at 7-4 in the country. For everyone claiming that their FBS win will be enough to get them in, look no further than 2015 7-4 UND, who won an FBS game over Wyoming with a similar number of wins over playoff teams as USD may put up this year. UND was left out of the field.

In short, this is a win-win for us, assuming we can avoid the letdown and put away ISUr. And I'm nervous as he'll about that....

Comment

I'll predict the only way we don't go to Fargo before Frisco is if we somehow get a seed higher than the Bison. Otherwise the committee will juggle the seeds so we play them.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                    My vote:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]922[/ATTACH]
                    My vote as well. I didn't see a neither option.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                      I'll predict the only way we don't go to Fargo before Frisco is if we somehow get a seed higher than the Bison. Otherwise the committee will juggle the seeds so we play them.

I'm afraid of the same. there's nothing about it that's fair. They'll deny it all they want, but unless there are a couple of upsets, I'd be shocked if the committee wouldn't find a way to pair us together on the bracket, whether it be quarters or semis. However, with that being said, a semi final trip to Fargo might be better for us than a trip to JMU. The Dukes are really good. And we do know how to win in Fargo. Being that a top 2 seed is pretty much out of the question for us, we will have to go on the road in the semis at least.
                      But I'd just like to see everything shake out fair. I'm not going to say that a 9-2 SDSU absolutely deserves a seed above a 10-1 UCA or a 10-1 SHSU, but if we go 9-2, a fair seeding for us would be one that doesn't play the #1 or #2 team in quarters. But if that happens, I'd fully expect us to end up 7 or 8 and on our way to Fargo on December 9th. Ideally, we might have a shot at a 4 seed. More realistically our best bet is probably 5 or 6 if we win out. 7 or 8 if NDSU wins out and the right teams don't lose to move us up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                        I'm afraid of the same. there's nothing about it that's fair. They'll deny it all they want, but unless there are a couple of upsets, I'd be shocked if the committee wouldn't find a way to pair us together on the bracket, whether it be quarters or semis. However, with that being said, a semi final trip to Fargo might be better for us than a trip to JMU. The Dukes are really good. And we do know how to win in Fargo. Being that a top 2 seed is pretty much out of the question for us, we will have to go on the road in the semis at least.
                        But I'd just like to see everything shake out fair. I'm not going to say that a 9-2 SDSU absolutely deserves a seed above a 10-1 UCA or a 10-1 SHSU, but if we go 9-2, a fair seeding for us would be one that doesn't play the #1 or #2 team in quarters. But if that happens, I'd fully expect us to end up 7 or 8 and on our way to Fargo on December 9th. Ideally, we might have a shot at a 4 seed. More realistically our best bet is probably 5 or 6 if we win out. 7 or 8 if NDSU wins out and the right teams don't lose to move us up.
                        I'll happily say a 9-2 SDSU should be above a 10-1 Southland team, because Valley.

The MVFC is the SEC of FCS football. The #3 team in the conference made the national championship game last year.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I am going ndsu just so we can end up ahead of usd in the rankings. Gives us a better seed for playoffs and makes usd have to go to Fargo for a playoff game. Winning the conference is great but only if we get a better seed then ndsu. Otherwise if ndsu gets a better seed I'd rather us get the best seed left and have usd on the outside looking in for a seed. Which means they get us or ndsu probably. All that if we don't win out it might be a moot point.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

It's a no-lose game for the Jacks. It kind of depends on whether you'd like to see the Jacks positioned better for a possible league championship or for a solid Top 8 seed. A loss by the Coyotes probably eliminates them from the Top 8 consideration, especially if the Jacks beat them the following week. A loss by the Bison gives the Jacks a better shot at a league title but might not eliminate NDSU from competition for a Top 8 slot. That's a lengthy way of saying I don't care who wins the NDSU-USD game. But no tie, please.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

As much as I want to care about these type of scenarios, I'm far more worried about our ability to go 1-0 over the next two weeks. Really, that's the only thing we can control and if we don't do that, none of the other stuff really matters. We've seen in years past we can't control seeding anyway, so win the next two and let the chips fall where they may. Hopefully we are a team that is peaking at the right time and can pull off some magic in the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                              X