Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Seed Scenarios

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
    I will side with what the team and coaches will feel.....anything less than a championship is a disappointment this season. Tell me when we will have this kind of talent at the skill positions at one time?
    The optimist in me thinks it will be a regularity.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Goedert is awesome but you gotta love what Kavanaugh brings at the TE spot. Look forward to seeing him the next 3 years

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
        Goedert is awesome but you gotta love what Kavanaugh brings at the TE spot. Look forward to seeing him the next 3 years
        I'm with ya there! He is a physical specimen!

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
          I’m with you as well.

Comment

I'm excited for Kavanaugh, but I'll miss Goedert. He is a known quantity and that quantity is will be missed for sure. His final highlight reel will be ridiculous.
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Not sure where to post. But seriously. The first round of the playoffs makes me sad. So many terrible teams. New Hampshire? Bad. Stony Brook (announcer referred to the CAA as the "SEC" of FCS and said Stony Brook could easily go FBS... no to both). Lehigh? Central Connecticut? Samford? Kennesaw? Elon? Wow.

It's pretty sad. I can say for sure that most of those teams would finish ahead of Misery State and Indiana State in the Valley. That's about it.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                Not sure where to post. But seriously. The first round of the playoffs makes me sad. So many terrible teams. New Hampshire? Bad. Stony Brook (announcer referred to the CAA as the "SEC" of FCS and said Stony Brook could easily go FBS... no to both). Lehigh? Central Connecticut? Samford? Kennesaw? Elon? Wow.

It's pretty sad. I can say for sure that most of those teams would finish ahead of Misery State and Indiana State in the Valley. That's about it.
                And the two best teams playing today, have to play each other. I feel bad for WIU and Weber State.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                  And the two best teams playing today, have to play each other. I feel bad for WIU and Weber State.
                  And Illinois State is better than at least half of the teams in the field.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

The FCS playoff doesn’t represent the top 24 teams in FCS. The automatic qualifier needs to be eliminated and conference strength has to be considered more. How about some non conference games at the beginnng of the year to showcase conferences, CAA ( any other) vs MVFC to show conference strength. It’s are to watch first round games when the underdog has no chance of winnng or even playing well.

Comment

D6E42F3E-45BE-4B68-8478-A1F2095D755A.jpgLol

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                        The FCS playoff doesn’t represent the top 24 teams in FCS. The automatic qualifier needs to be eliminated and conference strength has to be considered more. How about some non conference games at the beginnng of the year to showcase conferences, CAA ( any other) vs MVFC to show conference strength. It’s are to watch first round games when the underdog has no chance of winnng or even playing well.
                        I'm assuming you're against conference champions from leagues like the Summit League in March Madness also?
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                          The AQ is going nowhere and really do we need to remove the AQ so Austin Peay can get into the field?

The problem with the FCS playoffs is that it is bloated.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                            The AQ is going nowhere and really do we need to remove the AQ so Austin Peay can get into the field?

The problem with the FCS playoffs is that it is bloated.
                            Or that they only seed 8. Might as well seed the entire thing. Have a lot less issues or complaints.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

In an ideal world every team would be seeded and we would have an FBS style playoff committee instead of clueless ADs. No idea why some of these teams like NAU and UNH are in the field, they are so bad and these are teams the committee gave at-large bids to.

Comment

Thought I'd invite a little discussion on some of the other games this upcoming weekend.

Weber State @ JMU Friday night on ESPN2
                                Wofford @NDSU Saturday at 11AM
                                Kennesaw State@ SHSU at 2 PM ESPN3

I didn't get to watch the Weber-SUU game last night, but from the sounds of it, they controlled the game after the first two series. JMU is obviously a fantastic team, and they have a lights out defense, but I wouldn't be shocked if Weber was able to knock them off Friday night. They have a great D, and they've performed well in both of their games thus far in the post season. A Weber win followed by us taking care of business on Saturday, and the Jacks will get to host a semifinal game the following weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X