Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Seed Scenarios

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    This will be my first playoff game that I'll actually get to go. Bringing a buddy with as well. If anyone has a tailgate we can crash, hit me up.
    Using the buddy system...it's just not for hunting monsters anymore
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/footbal...ratings-system

Jacks were #3 in SRS

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        All MVFC semi finals?
        That's one way to avoid them ever spreading out the valley again.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
          I’ll be there. I’ll still be pissed that we get the team that got second in our conference while every other team from the MVFC didn’t have to rematch with a conference member, but I’ll be there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          In all honesty, if we have to play a Valley team, I'd rather play UNI again than USD.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            In all honesty, if we have to play a Valley team, I'd rather play UNI again than USD.
            I second this...we lost to UNI because of our own mistakes. I just don't see the team having that kind of performance again. *crosses fingers*

Some could say our win against USD was aided by their mistakes (missed FG, fumble, really badly time penalties). Although USD is a completely different team on the road than in the dome so I think we would beat them by 10-14 points anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
              Jay Walker upset that more teams from lower conferences don’t get in over a 4thor 5th place MVFC team. He is clueless.
              Jay Walker is only on the show for comic relief.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Truth be told, we'd lose to anyone in the playoffs if we play like we did against UNI on Hobo Day.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                  I second this...we lost to UNI because of our own mistakes. I just don't see the team having that kind of performance again. *crosses fingers*

Some could say our win against USD was aided by their mistakes (missed FG, fumble, really badly time penalties). Although USD is a completely different team on the road than in the dome so I think we would beat them by 10-14 points anyway.
                  At this time of the year, motivation should not be a problem, but I would guess the Jacks would really like to get the bad taste of that UNI loss out of their mouths.

Comment

At this time of the year, motivation should not be a problem, but I would guess the Jacks would really like to get the bad taste of that UNI loss out of their mouths.
                    We were discussing if that loss cost us the #4 seed. I countered that is the game that lit a fire under the team. This team has been in the one and done mindset since Hobo Day. Hopefully they can keep that up for just a few more weeks.

Comment

Went up to the ticket office a while ago and got our tickets. My wife just reminded me my work Christmas party is December 2nd in Sioux Falls guess I'll be missing dinner
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I for one could not be happier with the playoff bracket this year. I do agree that SDSU got the worst draw with getting a almost certain rematch with UNI. Finally NDSU did not get this...as in UNI, SDSU, hard semifinal...

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                          I for one could not be happier with the playoff bracket this year. I do agree that SDSU got the worst draw with getting a almost certain rematch with UNI. Finally NDSU did not get this...as in UNI, SDSU, hard semifinal...
                          Feel like we got a much worse draw then last year. Usd got lucky. They should have had to go to Fargo for once.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I agree with the many that say this was a bad draw. However, we didn’t get shipped to Fargo (assuming we take care of business in the 2nd round). We need to focus on who we play and make a run. Semantics here....I think we should stop saying deep playoff run and start saying championship run. That has to be the mentality. Just my 2 cents.
                            Last edited by JackAttack44; 11-19-2017, 06:31 PM. Reason: Can’t spell

Comment

With 5 valley teams in the playoffs it would be hard to avoid all of them, so I am ok with the draw. I like the chance for redemption against UNI or facing a new opponent in Monmouth. I Ether way they have to beat us on our home turf.
                              Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

The playoff bracket is set. With the regular season behind us, what is everyone's expectations for this team as the #5 seed? What results will give you the "we lost, but I feel good" feeling? What results will give you the "I'm so tired of this happening" feeling?

Comment

Working...
                                X