Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seed Scenarios

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    I don't want to get too optomistic, but from a lot of projections, I've seen NDSU at 2 or 3 and SDSU at 4 or 5. This would be great, and I think that it's possible if we take care of business in Vermtown. Especially if this mystery ruling where they won't place seeds from the same conference on the same side of the bracket is true. Obviously we need to win this weekend for this to matter.
    If the bison win out it'd be a crime if they weren't the 2 seed...if we take care of business in Vermtown similarly to what the Bison did I see us as a strong 4/5...one could argue if we were the 5 we may want to be the 6...same number of home games although it'd mean going through Fargo...it'd be a shorter road trip than say Harrisonburg. Ideally if we handle the Yotes we get the 4 and have 2 home games before a Harrisonburg roadtrip great. But in the 5 we could a road game to Conway/Jacksonville/Huntsville before Harrisonburg. Harrisonburg will be as hostile as the Fargodome no matter when we would play them...I guess part of me would think a shorter roadtrip would be better for the team. Plus, I think this team is better equipped to play the Bison in the playoffs this year. Of course it's all a moot point if we don't take care of business this weekend. Win big and grab the highest seed possible...

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
      If the bison win out it'd be a crime if they weren't the 2 seed...if we take care of business in Vermtown similarly to what the Bison did I see us as a strong 4/5...one could argue if we were the 5 we may want to be the 6...same number of home games although it'd mean going through Fargo...it'd be a shorter road trip than say Harrisonburg. Ideally if we handle the Yotes we get the 4 and have 2 home games before a Harrisonburg roadtrip great. But in the 5 we could a road game to Conway/Jacksonville/Huntsville before Harrisonburg. Harrisonburg will be as hostile as the Fargodome no matter when we would play them...I guess part of me would think a shorter roadtrip would be better for the team. Plus, I think this team is better equipped to play the Bison in the playoffs this year. Of course it's all a moot point if we don't take care of business this weekend. Win big and grab the highest seed possible...
      I have to say this is a tough one for me to be objective on. The long trip definitely is a negative for going to Harrisonburg...but I would think your offense would have a better chance against a team that has never faced SDSU before. But, our last meeting showed us to be pretty ineffective against your offense. But we have typically had a better showing the second time around against SDSU. Anyway you cut it, the semifinal games should be tough for everybody. I would think noise would be more of a factor in the Fargodome...but your team is pretty used to it so I doubt it would make much of an impact. As much as it pains me to say it, I would guess going through the Fargodome would be the easier of the two options. I still just hope SDSU and UNI (if they make it) are on the other side of the bracket.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
        I think the most likely seed for us is a 5. I can see us jumping Sam Houston, but I don't think we'll jump JSU or UCA with their only loss being to an FBS program. I do agree that NDSU should jump both of them and get the 2 seed. Then it basically comes down to whether you think NDSU or JMU is tougher matchup. I know JMU beat NDSU in Fargo last year, but I just think that the "easier route" would be through JMU. JMU only beat Richmond by 7 at home just last week. Just looking at likely spreads for the game based on Sagarin, NDSU would be favored by 7 and JMU would be favored by 4. NDSU would have the revenge factor in play. JMU would be unfamiliar with us. We might be splitting hairs in term of which matchup would be more difficult, but if you ask me which one I prefer, it's JMU.

Comment

I would rather play a new team rather than it seeming like another round of conference games.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
            I would rather play a new team rather than it seeming like another round of conference games.
            In a perfect world both JMU and NDSU would lose early and we'd play Sam Houston in Frisco, ...I think with our strength of schedule we have a shot to jump UCA, a small shot at that. The other factor between a trip to Fargo and Harrisonburg is weather. Although we're an outdoor team one could argue this offense is built for the indoor game. weather in Harrisonburg could be unpredictable at best in December. Easily could see weather similar to Hobo Day. I think we'd do well in snow but I'd rather stay away from the rain...Harrisonburg might not be as loud as Fargo but it won't be much different with 25K+ cheering them on. No matter how you put it together it's a difficult road to Frisco...

Comment

Originally posted by He hate me View Post
              Bumping this as there is still a lot of discussion about us being placed on the bison side if the bracket. According to this, it can't happen. Would obviously be a new rule this year. Thoughts?
              This myth from Craig Haley was busted today.

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/stat...365193729?s=17

Who's ready for another trip to Fargo?

Comment

1) Not surprising. It sounded too good to be true, and I guess it was. I don't think SDSU will be any lower than 6 if they win on Saturday. That being the case, a 6/3 match up with the bison is real likely at this point.

2) Craig Haley is a moron, and this isn't surprising that he was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                  1) Not surprising. It sounded too good to be true, and I guess it was. I don't think SDSU will be any lower than 6 if they win on Saturday. That being the case, a 6/3 match up with the bison is real likely at this point.

2) Craig Haley is a moron, and this isn't surprising that he was wrong.
                  I agree. If both teams win Saturday, I'd be shocked if we didn't see a 3/6 matchup.

Comment

Until it happens we pass ndsu or the whole playoffs is seeded I don't see anyway we can avoid going to Fargo almost every year. Just the nature of the beast. The only other close schools would be BSc or other valley teams.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      Until it happens we pass ndsu or the whole playoffs is seeded I don't see anyway we can avoid going to Fargo almost every year. Just the nature of the beast. The only other close schools would be BSc or other valley teams.
                      SDSU wins.
                      Illinois State wins.

Problem solved.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        SDSU wins.
                        Illinois State wins.

Problem solved.
                        Bison home game in Brookings. Bison win. Now problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                          Bison home game in Brookings. Bison win. Now problem solved.
                          Yep, that would be embarrassing. Holy ****. I wonder if the ticket office does have a plan in case this scenario does play out.
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                            Yep, that would be embarrassing. Holy ****. I wonder if the ticket office does have a plan in case this scenario does play out.
                            The conspiracy theorists that thought we wouldn't fill the regular season game because the local corporations or donors bought all the tickets could get their wish if this plays out. That is the only way we'd prevent over half of the Dana being green. IIRC, season ticket holders get 48 hours to purchase their season tickets and maybe extras. From there it is free game for Bison fans to purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                              The conspiracy theorists that thought we wouldn't fill the regular season game because the local corporations or donors bought all the tickets could get their wish if this plays out. That is the only way we'd prevent over half of the Dana being green. IIRC, season ticket holders get 48 hours to purchase their season tickets and maybe extras. From there it is free game for Bison fans to purchase.
                              I think you have that spot on! Look at the crowds we have had for playoff games the past several years. They haven't been huge. Weather is an obvious factor. Would a playoff game against NDSU draw greater interest from Jacks fans than any other? No question about it. Just doubt that it means 15,000+ Jacks fans in The Dana. It pains me to say that. Would love to be wrong. Would love even more to not see the green plague until Frisco.

You can almost plan on them finding a way to group these two teams in a bracket somewhere, probably the semis.

It's like Ric Flair says, "To be the man, you have to beat the man! WOOOOOOOO!"

SUPERBUNNY

You have to give the green plague credit for travelling well.
                              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                                I think you have that spot on! Look at the crowds we have had for playoff games the past several years. They haven't been huge. Weather is an obvious factor. Would a playoff game against NDSU draw greater interest from Jacks fans than any other? No question about it. Just doubt that it means 15,000+ Jacks fans in The Dana. It pains me to say that. Would love to be wrong. Would love even more to not see the green plague until Frisco.

You can almost plan on them finding a way to group these two teams in a bracket somewhere, probably the semis.

It's like Ric Flair says, "To be the man, you have to beat the man! WOOOOOOOO!"

SUPERBUNNY

You have to give the green plague credit for travelling well.
                                Absolutely! I hope our fanbase someday reaches that level. I hope I'm alive to see it. The three games I have attended in Fargo have been a blast and I have been treated well. I'm not going to worry about this until Sunday when the brackets are released.
                                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                                X