Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game Week: ISU-Red (ISU-Gray to us colorblind folks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game Week: ISU-Red (ISU-Gray to us colorblind folks)

For those of you who worry about it.... the team practiced outside in the cold and wind yesterday.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      For those of you who worry about it.... the team practiced outside in the cold and wind yesterday.
      There was a play late in NDSU game where Rozeboom made a tackle near Jacks' sideline and stayed down on hands & knees a few extra seconds. Don't think he ended up leaving game, but was there any sign he was limited in practice?

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
        There was a play late in NDSU game where Rozeboom made a tackle near Jacks' sideline and stayed down on hands & knees a few extra seconds. Don't think he ended up leaving game, but was there any sign he was limited in practice?
        I saw the same thing, I was worried at first but we determined he may have had the wind knocked out of him. Hopefully WSR has a report of no one being limited, although I can understand if Genant and Weir may be. I was surprised at how mobile Genant looked just 2 weeks after what I feared a season ending injury. Kudos to the training staff.

Comment

I think that the cold is a legit concern for any team. Good to see the team is getting used to it. The ball feels very different when it gets cold. Unless you are Tom Brady, then they just let the air out until its soft again.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            I think that the cold is a legit concern for any team. Good to see the team is getting used to it. The ball feels very different when it gets cold. Unless you are Tom Brady, then they just let the air out until its soft again.
            I agree. It just makes me mad when people who have no clue accuse the team of only practicing in the SJAC. It is simply not true. Most practices this fall, including the ones of Hobo Week, were conducted outside. Stating otherwise is incorrect. The team does go inside for portions to practice with noise.

Comment

Just nice to have the luxury of practicing in either environment.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                Just nice to have the luxury of practicing in either environment.
                And they are able to practice on the actual field. Could you imagine what the "grass" would have looked like if the team practiced on it all season back in the CAS days? And, as I talk about with my fellow game attendees, it is so nice to have a green field all year long
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

The big benefit will come if we play on the road, some place warm in the playoffs. Getting used to playing in the cold is an art form, getting used to playing in the warmth is also an art form. Use them both cause I expect we will be playing someplace warm as the playoffs progress.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                    I saw the same thing, I was worried at first but we determined he may have had the wind knocked out of him. Hopefully WSR has a report of no one being limited, although I can understand if Genant and Weir may be. I was surprised at how mobile Genant looked just 2 weeks after what I feared a season ending injury. Kudos to the training staff.
                    All preferred starters are ready to go. Also, Seven and Urbanek are good to go after being dinged up. Those two will help on kick off coverage.

Comment

In their wins ISU has put up some massive numbers on the ground so they'll likely roll with that if they find success early. We got to limit that and get off to at least a decent start. Otherwise we will have to play from behind which we haven't proved we can do yet this year.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
                        In their wins ISU has put up some massive numbers on the ground so they'll likely roll with that if they find success early. We got to limit that and get off to at least a decent start. Otherwise we will have to play from behind which we haven't proved we can do yet this year.
                        If I was ISU, I wouldn't give up on the run unless SDSU gets up by more than 14 points. The teams that stick with the run are the teams that SDSU has problems with. UNI had 60 carries and YSU had 63 carries. The other teams only had 20, 22, 27 and 34 carries. I know when you get up, you run the ball more but UNI only averaged 3.6 yards/carry. That is the smallest average we have allowed in conference play. Of course, when you give UNI a short field time after time, you dig yourself a hole right off of the bat.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                          If I was ISU, I wouldn't give up on the run unless SDSU gets up by more than 14 points. The teams that stick with the run are the teams that SDSU has problems with. UNI had 60 carries and YSU had 63 carries. The other teams only had 20, 22, 27 and 34 carries. I know when you get up, you run the ball more but UNI only averaged 3.6 yards/carry. That is the smallest average we have allowed in conference play. Of course, when you give UNI a short field time after time, you dig yourself a hole right off of the bat.
                          And in both those games the offense couldn't string anything together especially at YSU. I'm surprised UNI had such a low average run it seemed higher but like you said we gave them a short field throughout the game. Hopefully the offense comes out and accomplishes something. Time of possession may be key.

Comment

All preferred starters are ready to go. Also, Seven and Urbanek are good to go after being dinged up. Those two will help on kick off coverage.
                            I was of the belief that is part of the reason the Bison kick return did so well was because those two weren't on coverage. I realize the Bison can be very good as well but essentially we were short 2 ST starters in those two players.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                              I was of the belief that is part of the reason the Bison kick return did so well was because those two weren't on coverage. I realize the Bison can be very good as well but essentially we were short 2 ST starters in those two players.
                              I also wonder if Cox was out there for kick coverage as he started at LB for Kleinschmit. I don't remember seeing him out there but wasn't necessarily looking either.

Comment

I also wonder if Cox was out there for kick coverage as he started at LB for Kleinschmit. I don't remember seeing him out there but wasn't necessarily looking either.
                                Cox was out there for at least 2 of them...It'll be good to get Kleinschmidt back as well. I have a feeling ISU-r will be trying to ground and pound us.

Comment

Working...
                                X