Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game Week: ISU-Red (ISU-Gray to us colorblind folks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game Week: ISU-Red (ISU-Gray to us colorblind folks)

Here is my write-up: http://jackrabbitillustrated.blogspo...niversity.html
    Here is the GoJacks video preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=f23gax6iJZw
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

It's interesting to me that ISUr is 4-1 against us in the last 5 meetings. So I guess I am very cautiously optimistic.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
        It's interesting to me that ISUr is 4-1 against us in the last 5 meetings. So I guess I am very cautiously optimistic.
        We did defeat them at home, 2 years ago, when they returned a great many of those players that played in the Championship game against NDSU.

If the defense can continue to play like it has, there's no doubt that they can defeat anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
          I always like reading your write ups. However, you listed that ISUr has a big win over NAU, but they actually were beaten fairly soundly in that game. Otherwise good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
            We did defeat them at home, 2 years ago, when they returned a great many of those players that played in the Championship game against NDSU.

If the defense can continue to play like it has, there's no doubt that they can defeat anyone.
            I'll add that the Offense is beginning to dial it in. The O-line is doing quite well even with a couple missed assignments and untimely penalties. We gained 69 rushing yds in the 4th when the Bison knew we were running the ball. the "fat guys"/#605hogs are solid.

Comment

I always like reading your write ups. However, you listed that ISUr has a big win over NAU, but they actually were beaten fairly soundly in that game. Otherwise good stuff!
              Yep 37-16 ISU-red. Sorry but SteelSD is correct. I am hoping for a identical score, only SDSU has 37. Good stuff Matt. Keep up the good work. NAU got hosed with a targeting call on their QB, and was ejected from the Montana game and then lost 15-17. NAU is 6-3 on the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Yep 37-16 ISU-red. Sorry but SteelSD is correct. I am hoping for a identical score, only SDSU has 37. Good stuff Matt. Keep up the good work. NAU got hosed with a targeting call on their QB, and was ejected from the Montana game and then lost 15-17. NAU is 6-3 on the season.
                They may have gotten the short end of the call, but it was the right call.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                  They may have gotten the short end of the call, but it was the right call.
                  Yes u are correct. I read some NAU tweets and someone quoted the rule book and you don't have to use the crown of helmet to be guilty of targeting.
                  Last edited by Nidaros; 11-06-2017, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                    Thanks again for the excellent blog post.

Spitballing possible reasons for the 5 sacks the 'birds surrendered to the 'necks -- it looks like Swenson (a LB) had three of them in second half, two of which were in the 4th quarter when WIU had a 31-14 lead, so blitzes seem likely.

Comment

Good catch! Thank you. The last few nights sleep has been hard to come by at my house with a 4 month old getting her first tooth and a 2 year old in major sleep regression. Appreciate the correction!
                      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

The Jacks are a better team, especially on defense, than they were a month ago. ISU-Red/Gray seems to have peaked and stalled. The Jacks should win convincingly, and send the fair-weather half of their fans home early.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

The O is firing and it's not just the "Three Amigos" doing the damage. The fact that we rushed for 69 yards in the 4th quarter last week to seal the deal tells me all is good in Bunnyland.

The D is playing aggressive and attacking, plus they seem to have a swagger that wasn't present even in our blowout wins.

I say we win and win big...45-13

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                            The O is firing and it's not just the "Three Amigos" doing the damage. The fact that we rushed for 69 yards in the 4th quarter last week to seal the deal tells me all is good in Bunnyland.

The D is playing aggressive and attacking, plus they seem to have a swagger that wasn't present even in our blowout wins.

I say we win and win big...45-13
                            I think it all depends on the weather. If we are able to throw consistenly without a ton of high winds/precip we win big. If the weather isn't in our favor we could in for a dogfight.

I would love to see a blowout so we can rest up a few guys for the final game/playoffs. We came out of the game against the most physical team in the conference pretty healthy. Another week of that should get the guys ready for the push.
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I think getting off to a good start is huge. This group of players seem to really play well, when things are "rolling", and when things are a struggle...well, they struggle.

That, and ISU-Red, seems to be similar... So getting up by 10-14 points early would be huge, instead of falling behind early.

(Yes, I know, great insight.... it's better to get ahead by double digits than fall behind... I'm a genious!)

Comment

Looks like Redbirds have the following possible injury concerns:
                                1). Fowler (WR): ankle
                                2). McCown (DT): bone bruise
                                3). Smith (RB and 2nd leading rusher): concussion

Sounds like all should play, but apparently Fowler sat last game due to his injury. The aforementioned article indicates Redbirds should "regain" services of McCown and Smith, but McCown is listed as participant in last week's game, so that might be slight oversight by reporter.

Comment

Working...
                                X