X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Easton Stick? More like Easton Stink

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    If this was not smack, we could have the classic great discussion of what is more important, Rings or Stats. We could also talk about players that sometimes make a QB look better than they are. Oh wait, we just did.
    I prefer to judge QB's on postseason success. However, TC probably does have more postseason passing yards than Stick so he is obviously far superior.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
      I prefer to judge QB's on postseason success. However, TC probably does have more postseason passing yards than Stick so he is obviously far superior.
      On the flip side he’s asked to do more in a pass heavy system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

So you pick Joe Flacco and Trent differ over Marino because they won championships?
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          So you pick Joe Flacco and Trent differ over Marino because they won championships?
          Nick Foles, Jim McMahon, Jeff Hostetler... The list goes on and on for QBs like Stick that are mediocre at best but are carried by the rest of their team.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            Baltimore won the Super Bowl and then Joe Flacco (MVP- I would not have given it to him) signed a big contract. The Ravens record since he signed that contract is 40-40. Now the Ravens can not afford other players to carry him.
            I would put Eli in this group, too. I know that some people like him but the Giants defense and running game is what made them tick. They had the catch off the helmet and a tip toe catch going out of bounds or Eli doesn't have a ring either. You can say the balls were thrown perfect but they were great catches in my opinion.
            I'm almost wondering if Detroit is doing the same thing now without the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
              Baltimore won the Super Bowl and then Joe Flacco (MVP- I would not have given it to him) signed a big contract. The Ravens record since he signed that contract is 40-40. Now the Ravens can not afford other players to carry him.
              I would put Eli in this group, too. I know that some people like him but the Giants defense and running game is what made them tick. They had the catch off the helmet and a tip toe catch going out of bounds or Eli doesn't have a ring either. You can say the balls were thrown perfect but they were great catches in my opinion.
              I'm almost wondering if Detroit is doing the same thing now without the ring.
              How about Seattle with Russell Wilson. They haven't been the same since they paid him. Lots of examples of exactly what you are saying. The QB is king and everyone thinks you gotta have a great QB to win and it's partly true, but there are lots of examples of mediocre QB's being carried by elite defenses and running games too.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                How about Seattle with Russell Wilson. They haven't been the same since they paid him. Lots of examples of exactly what you are saying. The QB is king and everyone thinks you gotta have a great QB to win and it's partly true, but there are lots of examples of mediocre QB's being carried by elite defenses and running games too.
                It’s fairly common knowledge that teams who aren’t the blue blood well run organizations have small windows for rings when they’re paying nothing for their qb. It wasn’t just Wilson they had to pay though, they had to pay all their defensive stars, I would argue that was as much of a part of their downfall as paying for their qb. Same position the Queens are in right now, they have a couple year window before a bunch of guys are going to get paid or leave.

On topic, Stick isn’t better than TC. He isn’t asked to do nearly as much and has had much better defenses to support him. If I was told i needed to average 270 yds and 2-3 tds a game I’m picking TC every time over Stick. Everyone just happens to have the JMU game still burned into their memories and forget Sticks stellar performance in the last Marker Game.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                  On topic, Stick isn’t better than TC. He isn’t asked to do nearly as much and has had much better defenses to support him. If I was told i needed to average 270 yds and 2-3 tds a game I’m picking TC every time over Stick. Everyone just happens to have the JMU game still burned into their memories and forget Sticks stellar performance in the last Marker Game.
                  Put it this way... I like SDSU's chances of beating NDSU a lot better with Christion on SDSU and Stick on NDSU. If it was the other way, I really don't like SDSU's chances.

Comment

Pre-season 2nd team all conference. He has no wide receivers or tight ends on the 1st team to support him.

Comment

Pre-season 2nd team all conference. He has no wide receivers or tight ends on the 1st team to support him.
                      RJ finally graduate or use up his 7 years of eligibility? sure felt like he was there most of the decade.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

If you wrote, "Pre-season 1st team all conference. He has no wide receivers or tight ends on the 1st team to support him", you would be talking about TC. It looks like they think the top two QB's in the conference don't have any elite weapons.

Comment

Average more than 17 passes per game, then we'll talk.

Comment

I thought we had nobody now? Seems the media that closely follows the MVFC have different thought on this discussion than the national folks.

Realistically I don’t really give a flip about preseason or post season awards. It is interesting though. Would be fun to see how the votes broke down on that one just for fun. Especially since we know Zim went with TC while the bison guys go with Stick (including the National bison, I mean MVFC guy for Hero). Was it close? And has there always been two qbs on the second team or did Stick and McGuire or did they tie?

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                              I thought we had nobody now? Seems the media that closely follows the MVFC have different thought on this discussion than the national folks.

Realistically I don’t really give a flip about preseason or post season awards. It is interesting though. Would be fun to see how the votes broke down on that one just for fun. Especially since we know Zim went with TC while the bison guys go with Stick (including the National bison, I mean MVFC guy for Hero). Was it close? And has there always been two qbs on the second team or did Stick and McGuire or did they tie?

There is national FCS Media?

Comment

There is national FCS Media?
                                Not sure if serious

Comment

Working...
                                X