Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: NDSU Hairy Prairie Cows

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    I'd also add that Bisonville is like 1% of the NDSU fan base, so using them as a barometer will give you inaccurate readings.

I lived in Fargo for a bit and had a job in which required me to interact with the NDSU fanbase and administration and I can tell you that 95% are really good people.
    After our win last year, a manager at Cash Wise(Fargo equivalent to HyVEE) noticed I was wearing an SDSU shirt and he complimented our team on the win on the last play of the game. Yes they are very good people in the Fargo area, and some have no idea that NDSU exists especially forty miles out of Fargo. I even have one 90 something friend who lives near campus and wishes NDSU did not exist. That's your social animals in action.

Comment

Cheap shots from Bison fans? What do you expect? They don't know how to lose. Arrogant and without grace. But there's no changing that. Only they can change that.

Comment

Haven't read much of this thread to be honest other than a few comments from the last page or 2. I appreciate those of you that understand that the Bison fans you find on a fan forum do no reflect the entirety of our fan base. I can't deny that we come across as pretty confident (arrogant) most of the time but it's pretty difficult to not feel that way when we've won 100 games this decade and won 13 national championships. That doesn't excuse certain behavior though and I can't control how some people act, I can only control how I act and represent the team and university I cheer for. Having said all that, I had a tremendous day on Saturday. The road conditions ended up not being an issue which was a relief. I was able to be relaxed on the drive down and back and had some great conversation with 2 friends that I don't get to see very often. We got plenty of free food in the NDSU tailgate area and got to meet up with a few members from Bisonville. We also went into the IPF and checked the place out, very nice facility. Had plenty of nice conversations as well with Jackrabbit fans before and during the game. As far as the game goes, wow, we got our butts kicked. You guys came to play and we didn't, all the credit to your players and coaching staff. No excuses coming from me. We caught a few breaks, only really capitalized on the big one (punt fumble) but our turnovers killed us...and not getting off the field with our defense on 3rd downs. The stadium filled up pretty nicely with only that one corner on the east side looking a bit sparse, what was the announced crowd? Tickets sold was sell out so I'm assuming it was 19,000+. I like what you've done with the place, unreal how different the entire area around the stadium looks compared to 10 years ago. Overall, had a great experience! Still pretty happy moving forward that we still have sole possession of 1st place in the conference and we control our own destiny at this point. Big couple of games to win yet to ensure that when/if we see you guys again that it's in Fargo. Go Bison!

Comment

Originally posted by 13>1 View Post
          Big couple of games to win yet to ensure that when/if we see you guys again that it's in Fargo. Go Bison!
          How about when/if we see you guys again it's in Frisco?

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            How about when/if we see you guys again it's in Frisco?
            If the playoff committee would allow us to be on opposite sides of the bracket in order for us to meet down there then that would be fine with me.

Comment

Originally posted by 13>1 View Post
              If the playoff committee would allow us to be on opposite sides of the bracket in order for us to meet down there then that would be fine with me.
              A guy can dream, can't he...

Comment

Btw... where did the guy that was calling for Jacob Brown go? He had a really good game, especially his TD catch, that was a tough one to hold on to and he did a great job. Looks like he took most of Anderson's snaps. We are going to have a legit WR group going forward even without the Wizard.

Comment

Jacks up to #5 in the coaches poll.

NDSU is .... #6.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                    Jacks up to #5 in the coaches poll.

NDSU is .... #6.
                    Just silly imo... No way we should be ranked higher than them. They shouldn't have dropped past #4.

Comment

Just silly imo... No way we should be ranked higher than them. They shouldn't have dropped past #4.
                      It's flat out ridiculous, is what it is.

And I'm as big of a fan of our team, as can be. But major overreaction in the coaches poll.

Comment

Coach's poll is ludicrous.
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Btw... where did the guy that was calling for Jacob Brown go? He had a really good game, especially his TD catch, that was a tough one to hold on to and he did a great job. Looks like he took most of Anderson's snaps. We are going to have a legit WR group going forward even without the Wizard.
                          Not sure who you're referring to but I was definetly in the camp of less Brown Johnson and Lewis and more Anderson Wilde. Those three have been pretty solid lately. Mad props to them.

Comment

Link to the Coach's poll on the NCAA site:
                            http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/footbal...s-coaches-poll

Comment

Why? So we have one more loss. We beat them soundly!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                                Why? So we have one more loss. We beat them soundly!
                                Right, but look at the season as a whole. They clearly deserve to be ranked above us.

Comment

Working...
                                X