Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: NDSU Hairy Prairie Cows

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    I can remember 4 times as well and only the one time really worked. The only time it worked was the back to back time and I'm sure that surprised them.
    I was hoping that one of the times they came with that look that it was a faked screen Dallas the ball went elsewhere. I think that part of the reason that the offense has looked so much better is the fact that TC isn't forcing the ball to Jake and Dallas. Instead, he has been spreading the ball around much more efficiently which has opened up the field for everyone.

Still a little perplexed on the lack of Jake's targets on Saturday. He made some great plays, but just not a lot of them. Speaking of targets of Jake, I think the whole stadium said the same couple words on the NDSU busted coverage that left him wide open in the end zone.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
      I think that part of the reason that the offense has looked so much better is the fact that TC isn't forcing the ball to Jake and Dallas. Instead, he has been spreading the ball around much more efficiently which has opened up the field for everyone.
      I think a lot of credit needs to go the Hogs and Coach Eck. Not only by opening up holes in the run game, but holding a nice pocket on pass plays. Save for a few plays, TC had a lot of time to scan the field and let routes develop. Also, when the pocket isn't clean, TC was excellent at getting out and keeping his vision down field. He also seems to be driving the ball much better the last couple games than earlier in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        The problem is you aren't taking my posts for what they say and rather twisting my words and making assumptions.

You're quickly becoming the most obnoxious poster on here while making it less fun for everyone. If that's what you're going for, keep it up, you're doing a great job. If not, move on and make productive posts. Sincerely, the majority of the board.
        Bump

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          I was driving home when the clock was 4th quarter and at the 2:12 mark or thereabout and the SDSU interception occurred. Not until then did I feel we had won this game. We pissed games away before. I was told this morning about the tackle made by Vinitari on the one KO where he made the tackle and some of our fans thought he got away with a targeting infraction. It looked like a clean tackle to me but dont know the fine points of targeting calls. Anyone??
          I haven’t heard of a single SDSU fan who thought that. A gaggle of NDSU fans did though....
          Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
          Saw it,someone latched on him and was playing like an anchor ,slowing,dragging him down,he was a sitt'n duck for Chase AND he drilled him.....upper chest area,no helmet used as a weapon that I saw, shoulder pad to chest,helmet off to the side...hard hit for sure,but not a malicious hit IMO
          Anybody who thinks that was a cheap hit or targeting should stop watching football and focus on soccer and football IMO. It’s a physical game, big hits should happen.
          Just silly imo... No way we should be ranked higher than them. They shouldn't have dropped past #4.
          Preach.
          Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          Come on, the Jacks beat the Bison. That's reason enough to rank the Jacks higher this week. It was a convincing victory, and how a team is playing now matters more than how it was playing a month ago. I don't understand why Jacks' fans feel so guilty and apologetic about winning.
          No......just no. If you’re ranking you need to look at the entire resume. Ndsu has better wins and no bad losses. We have two good wins and two bad losses. How you perform at the end matters but head to head should only be the deciding factor if the rest is close. Otherwise UNI should certainly be ranked ahead of us right now. Just moving people up and down because team A lost and team be lost is lazy voting and why the coaches poll is hot garbage. One week doesn’t happen in a vacuum. The coaches don’t have time to know about what’s happening around the country, they have a game plan to develop and implement. To accurately vote takes some serious effort, watching other conferences games, keeping up with injuries, etc. Coaches don’t have time to do that. Especially with the lack of exposure FCS gets. You need to be an ESPN3 pro and then some. It’s not that as simple as drop for a loss and raise for a win. Well, it shouldn’t be.
          Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          The SDSU trick plays, along with the 3 times we tried that inside pass to Goedert had me saying nothing but good things about the Bison players discipline. It was incredible to see how well they had those plays defended.
          What’s interesting is that you can tell that the reverse option was designed specifically to combat that discipline. If you know the end is going to stay home on a reverse then option off of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            Disciple?? Hope your not impressed with the Bison disciple (whoever he is) Or did you mean discipline?
            LOOOL. Nice. Ya that other tougher word is what I meant.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
              I haven’t heard of a single SDSU fan who thought that. A gaggle of NDSU fans did though....

Anybody who thinks that was a cheap hit or targeting should stop watching football and focus on soccer and football IMO. It’s a physical game, big hits should happen.

Preach.

No......just no. If you’re ranking you need to look at the entire resume. Ndsu has better wins and no bad losses. We have two good wins and two bad losses. How you perform at the end matters but head to head should only be the deciding factor if the rest is close. Otherwise UNI should certainly be ranked ahead of us right now. Just moving people up and down because team A lost and team be lost is lazy voting and why the coaches poll is hot garbage. One week doesn’t happen in a vacuum. The coaches don’t have time to know about what’s happening around the country, they have a game plan to develop and implement. To accurately vote takes some serious effort, watching other conferences games, keeping up with injuries, etc. Coaches don’t have time to do that. Especially with the lack of exposure FCS gets. You need to be an ESPN3 pro and then some. It’s not that as simple as drop for a loss and raise for a win. Well, it shouldn’t be.

What’s interesting is that you can tell that the reverse option was designed specifically to combat that discipline. If you know the end is going to stay home on a reverse then option off of him.

On the hit your kicker made...what a hit. Great football hit. I'm not saying it was targeting (because it wasn't...just have to get that in there), but I could see how the flag would get thrown...especially this year the refs have been very liberal with throwing the targeting flag to send it up to the booth for a review. It has gotten to be that it seems like whenever any big hit happens I kind of expect to see the flag for at least a review.

For reference, our linebacker (Cox) was nailed for targeting in the previous game. It is questionable whether it really was targeting...but I can see how the call was decided. They are really trying to eliminate the big hits.

Comment

Targeting is one of the most confusing rules in sports. I have watched a ton of football over the years, in person and on TV, and I don't feel like I have any idea where the line actually is. To me, it seems completely arbitrary. I understand penalties for defenseless receiver, late hits, roughing the passer, the different levels of faskmasking, unsportsmanlike conduct, etc. I just don't understand when targeting should be called and when it shouldn't.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                  On the hit your kicker made...what a hit. Great football hit. I'm not saying it was targeting (because it wasn't...just have to get that in there), but I could see how the flag would get thrown...especially this year the refs have been very liberal with throwing the targeting flag to send it up to the booth for a review. It has gotten to be that it seems like whenever any big hit happens I kind of expect to see the flag for at least a review.

For reference, our linebacker (Cox) was nailed for targeting in the previous game. It is questionable whether it really was targeting...but I can see how the call was decided. They are really trying to eliminate the big hits.
                  Oh I have seen much less called for targeting. Absolutely. There’s a big difference between bad targeting calls because of an over hyped emphasis on it and for fans to call for one because it’s your player who got smacked.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post

Targeting is tricky, but I think one of the last places it should be called is when a runner has the ball in the open field and is fighting for extra yards, which is clearly what was happening here. Here's a link to the hit again:

https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status/927281785368481792

The only way it should be called with a runner in the open field is if he's being held up and is defenseless. Otherwise he's fair game and that's just football imo.

In retrospect, the guy that had a hold of him should have just twisted his ankle so he could stop him from continuing to run.

Comment

Targeting is tricky, but I think one of the last places it should be called is when a runner has the ball in the open field and is fighting for extra yards, which is clearly what was happening here. Here's a link to the hit again:

https://twitter.com/GoJacksFB/status/927281785368481792

The only way it should be called with a runner in the open field is if he's being held up and is defenseless. Otherwise he's fair game and that's just football imo.

In retrospect, the guy that had a hold of him should have just twisted his ankle so he could stop him from continuing to run.
                      That last part is pure gold...

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                        Targeting is one of the most confusing rules in sports. I have watched a ton of football over the years, in person and on TV, and I don't feel like I have any idea where the line actually is. To me, it seems completely arbitrary. I understand penalties for defenseless receiver, late hits, roughing the passer, the different levels of faskmasking, unsportsmanlike conduct, etc. I just don't understand when targeting should be called and when it shouldn't.
                        The refs don't know when to call targeting either.

Comment

Just finished watching the replay, and didn't realize until now just how big of an impact that the "secondary" wide receivers had on the game. The Bison obviously decided that Jake wasn't going to beat them, and I was impressed that Taryn didn't get flustered and got the ball to Lewis, Brown and Johnson for 12 catches. People have been saying all season that other receivers have to be open with all the attention defenses give Dallas and Jake, and this was one of the first times that the Jacks really seemed to take advantage of it.
                          Last edited by bigticket1; 11-07-2017, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            Just finished watching the replay, and didn't realize until now just how big of an impact that the "secondary" wide receivers had on the game. The Bison obviously decided that Jake wasn't going to beat them, and I was impressed that that Taryn didn't get flustered and got the ball to Lewis, Brown and Johnson for 12 catches. People have been saying all season that other receivers have to be open with all the attention defenses give Dallas and Jake, and this was one of the first times that the Jacks really seemed to take advantage of it.
                            I wasn’t surprised they did well, they have stepped up by a country mile compared to last year.

I did enjoy how well Dallas did after how all the NDSU fans said he would be locked down by their stud LBs. That made me smile a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                              I wasn’t surprised they did well, they have stepped up by a country mile compared to last year.

I did enjoy how well Dallas did after how all the NDSU fans said he would be locked down by their stud LBs. That made me smile a bit.

Speaking of Goedert, I just made the mistake of reading the last few pages of the Easton Stick thread of Bisonville...holy ****, that's all I can say.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                                Speaking of Goedert, I just made the mistake of reading the last few pages of the Easton Stick thread of Bisonville...holy ****, that's all I can say.
                                The delusion is strong over there

Comment

Working...
                                X