Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: NDSU Hairy Prairie Cows

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    Speaking of construction. I am sure I have just forgotten, but what is the plan for the old practice fields?
    We don't have the late Sgt. Lindsey to tell everyone to stay off his field grass(CAS), during the practice week. Seems like the practice fields are quickly disappearing with new construction at or near the Drama facility or what ever its called. Several advantages of putting turf at the Dana. I suspect practice fields are no longer needed.

Comment

Speaking of construction. I am sure I have just forgotten, but what is the plan for the old practice fields?
      I overheard one of the soccer coaches discussing an on campus field. I believe that is the space he was discussing. Soccer team deserves to be on campus.

Comment

Just checked out B-ville (sorry for bringing it here)...according to them the 5 turnovers were all gifts, though they are only counting the first 4, if they would have just one or two less they would've won. None of them seem to be mentioning our botched punt return to set up a short field for them for their last TD though. It was our super bowl and we played flawless (they must have forgotten about our stupid penalties, Goedert dropping a pass and falling down in the endzone, and our dumb turnover) and they still should've won. We super-duper stacked the box, even though we really didn't. Surprisingly only a couple of mentions of the refs, and the ones that are mentioning them, are bitching about a camera angle about an incompletion that should've been reviewed, though they got the first down the next play...it's not like it cost them a touchdown like last years game for us. I do agree we got away with back-to-back pi's on that one d-stand early, but both OL's were getting away with holdings on passing plays. I'm sure I missed something. Real life Bison fans are way cooler than online ones.

I feel dirty for this, but Go Yotes next week.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
          I overheard one of the soccer coaches discussing an on campus field. I believe that is the space he was discussing. Soccer team deserves to be on campus.
          I second this. Putting soccer there would be great. It would put almost all the sports in that corner of campus
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I’ve been told it will be the new intramural fields as the current fields will be paved under this summer for more parking to accommodate for the lost parking around the performing arts center, wellness center, and the stadium. Currently they are making students move out of the first few rows on gameday in the big east lot to make room for gameday parking.
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Wasn’t the old practice fields being changed into intramural fields due to the intramural fields being torn up for new Frost Arena parking?

Comment

I second this. Putting soccer there would be great. It would put almost all the sports in that corner of campus
                Putting soccer on campus would be awesome, back in the dorm days I knew quite a few students that wanted to go to the soccer matches but they either didn't know where Fishback was or didn't want to give up their parking spot on campus to go to the match.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                  Just checked out B-ville (sorry for bringing it here)...according to them the 5 turnovers were all gifts, though they are only counting the first 4, if they would have just one or two less they would've won. None of them seem to be mentioning our botched punt return to set up a short field for them for their last TD though. It was our super bowl and we played flawless (they must have forgotten about our stupid penalties, Goedert dropping a pass and falling down in the endzone, and our dumb turnover) and they still should've won. We super-duper stacked the box, even though we really didn't. Surprisingly only a couple of mentions of the refs, and the ones that are mentioning them, are bitching about a camera angle about an incompletion that should've been reviewed, though they got the first down the next play...it's not like it cost them a touchdown like last years game for us. I do agree we got away with back-to-back pi's on that one d-stand early, but both OL's were getting away with holdings on passing plays. I'm sure I missed something. Real life Bison fans are way cooler than online ones.

I feel dirty for this, but Go Yotes next week.
                  I could have wrote that for you and I haven't even went over there...I'm sure you could cut and paste all of the responses from their last year loss to a new page this year. It's been the same responses every time they lose. Nobody ever beats them. Anyone who does automatically has won the Super Bowl......
                  With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

LOL That "Super Bowl" taunt has been thrown out by a few posters on this board, too! Really a cheap shot, isn't it.

Comment

In fairness, there are plenty of Bison fans who are giving us our due for the victory, and most of the refs/super bowl comments are coming from the usual suspects.
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                        In fairness, there are plenty of Bison fans who are giving us our due for the victory, and most of the refs/super bowl comments are coming from the usual suspects.
                        Very true. I admit venturing over to the other message board many times in the past week or 10 days. That's not for someone with a weak stomach! There's a real temptation to judge a large group of good people by those "usual suspects" Kemo refers to. I was reminded how unfair that is when in line to enter the stadium Saturday, and some Bison fans behind me were asked if they read the bison message board. They didn't seem to be very aware of it. I think I'll go back to my usual practice and avoid that place! It's not for everyone. The Bison fans I encountered Saturday were all great people and loyal fans of their team. Hat's off to them.

Comment

Yes there are unbelievable comments on Bisonville but many of the good fans come here and share such as TAB and Socalledfan. As I told TAB, I dread the next meeting with Bison. They seem to know how to avenge losses.

Comment

That is what I have noticed as well. It is unfortunate that most message boards are judged by the bad apples
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

If we're being real, we can expect a lot of these same comments in couple of weeks from either side after the SDSU/USD game. I did kind of struggle with the turnover aspect though, stripping the ball from ball carriers is literally something teams practice everyday, it's not like they just dropped the ball in the open field. I even admit to citing USD calling our game their Super Bowl in the past, though I cited it with tweets from Yote players directly calling the game their Super Bowl. Every game for SDSU, USD, NDSU, ISU and UNI is playoff game from here on out if any of us wants a share of the Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                                Very true. I admit venturing over to the other message board many times in the past week or 10 days. That's not for someone with a weak stomach! There's a real temptation to judge a large group of good people by those "usual suspects" Kemo refers to. I was reminded how unfair that is when in line to enter the stadium Saturday, and some Bison fans behind me were asked if they read the bison message board. They didn't seem to be very aware of it. I think I'll go back to my usual practice and avoid that place! It's not for everyone. The Bison fans I encountered Saturday were all great people and loyal fans of their team. Hat's off to them.
                                I'd also add that Bisonville is like 1% of the NDSU fan base, so using them as a barometer will give you inaccurate readings.

I lived in Fargo for a bit and had a job in which required me to interact with the NDSU fanbase and administration and I can tell you that 95% are really good people.
                                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                                - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X