GDT: NDSU Hairy Prairie Cows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: NDSU Hairy Prairie Cows

So the coaches probably realize that we are a lot better than the way we played against YSU and UNI. We showed our potential this week, granted it was aided by 5 Bison turnovers.

I can see it both ways. It is the coaches poll, not the playoff rankings. That could, should, and will have the Bison on top of us for very good reasons if neither team drops another game. They've earned that.

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      Why? So we have one more loss. We beat them soundly!
      UNI and YSU licked us. Where are they rated?

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        Just silly imo... No way we should be ranked higher than them. They shouldn't have dropped past #4.
        Come on, the Jacks beat the Bison. That's reason enough to rank the Jacks higher this week. It was a convincing victory, and how a team is playing now matters more than how it was playing a month ago. I don't understand why Jacks' fans feel so guilty and apologetic about winning.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
          So the coaches probably realize that we are a lot better than the way we played against YSU and UNI. We showed our potential this week, granted it was aided by 5 Bison turnovers.

I can see it both ways. It is the coaches poll, not the playoff rankings. That could, should, and will have the Bison on top of us for very good reasons if neither team drops another game. They've earned that.

SUPERBUNNY
          The Jacks made their own breaks with a couple of those turnovers. One could argue that the win could've been more convincing had the Jacks not essentially given the Bison a TD with the muffed punt.

Agree with your point regarding the Bison being seeded higher for playoffs if season ended today; however, what if the Bison lose another game and Jacks win out?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
            Come on, the Jacks beat the Bison. That's reason enough to rank the Jacks higher this week. It was a convincing victory, and how a team is playing now matters more than how it was playing a month ago. I don't understand why Jacks' fans feel so guilty and apologetic about winning.
            No. It's not a good enough reason. Using your logic, if Indiana State pulled off a victory against NDSU, then Indiana State should be ranked higher. We're not guilty and apologetic, we are realistic and reasonable and able to look at the whole season, not just one game.

Comment

No. It's not a good enough reason. Using your logic, if Indiana State pulled off a victory against NDSU, then Indiana State should be ranked higher. We're not guilty and apologetic, we are realistic and reasonable and able to look at the whole season, not just one game.
              Or he's not equating moving up 4-5 spots when already ranked to going from not even receiving votes to being in the top five.

Comment

No, I wouldn't make that argument. Indiana State would have one win. SDSU has seven victories. I was just trying to say that, generally speaking, how a team plays late in the season is more important than how it plays early in the season. The official rankings will be the only poll that really matters.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                  The Jacks made their own breaks with a couple of those turnovers. One could argue that the win could've been more convincing had the Jacks not essentially given the Bison a TD with the muffed punt.

Agree with your point regarding the Bison being seeded higher for playoffs if season ended today; however, what if the Bison lose another game and Jacks win out?
                  If they lose another game then it changes things. But, you could argue our two losses were worse than theirs if they were to lose. Would be interesting to see what they would do. Let’s hope it happens.

SUPERBUNNY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                    Or he's not equating moving up 4-5 spots when already ranked to going from not even receiving votes to being in the top five.

Comment

So using that logic, it probably was an over-reaction to start discussing if it was time for Stig to go after losing two games in the first half of the schedule, rather than waiting for the whole season to play out.

Comment

Watching the game again (sure like the DVR!) and I notice some of the students hold up their shoe or boot when we're getting ready to kick off. I have not noticed that behavior in prior games. Can anyone explain the significance of holding up one's shoe/boot before the kickoff?

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          Watching the game again (sure like the DVR!) and I notice some of the students hold up their shoe or boot when we're getting ready to kick off. I have not noticed that behavior in prior games. Can anyone explain the significance of holding up one's shoe/boot before the kickoff?
                          I assume it is due to the fact that shoes go on feet, feet are used to kick the ball?
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            So using that logic, it probably was an over-reaction to start discussing if it was time for Stig to go after losing two games in the first half of the schedule, rather than waiting for the whole season to play out.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                              The Nebraska student section has been doing it for years. Not sure what the significance of it is. Kick off, shoes off? No Clue.
                              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                                The Nebraska student section has been doing it for years. Not sure what the significance of it is. Kick off, shoes off? No Clue.
                                Some students started doing it last year, and it really caught on this year. Pretty sure it's the idea of kicking the ball so hard the shoe comes off and the ball goes through the endzone. It makes sense if we stole it from Nebraska since a lot of SD people are Husker fans for "real" D1 football. If it makes them more active in the game, I don't care; as long as they are doing something.
                                Rollin' in my 5.0
                                With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                                Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Working...
                                X