Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: NDSU Hairy Prairie Cows

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    This baffled me live too. Can anyone explain how that is called (on a d-lineman no less)?

Is the argument that the team had a potential passing option negated by the hold, so they were "forced" to run?
    I've seen it in the NFL lately too. It's usually on olineman trying to pull and the dline will grab and hold him. He can't get out to block then. I did nit see the replay to confirm this though.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
      And our fans try to get loud on our own 4th down again. Idiots.
      That was going to be one of my "rants," although I think some of the noise was also the dang Bison fans.

As for other "rants and raves":
      Rant: The Jacks fans who normally sit beside me either forgoing the game or selling their tickets to a couple Bison fans. Thankfully the guys weren't too obnoxious, with the exception of a couple of cheers for the Bison during 1st quarter
      Rave: The perfectly-timed F-16 flyover which drowned out the toolish Bison chant of "home of the Bizun" at the end of the anthem. Also cool that that pilots had Jacks connections.
      Rave: The atmosphere in Brookings today was electric. It just felt like there was an excitement that isn't always there from the moment I got to the stadium, although that could just be me wanting to see that to further my belief that the Jacks would win
      Rave: Forcing a handful of turnovers. There are few things as exciting as the Jacks defense forcing those, and Brown's pick in particular was a thing of beauty
      Rave: Goedert's one-man "tip drill" on the TD. It's been great being able to watch him and Wieneke these past few years.

Comment

Happy Camping again.Yes,mistakes were made ,and it could have been a larger margin of victory,but they overcame adversity and took it to 'em and were unwilling to come up short this game.They played with passion,and determination and just took this game,period.My gosh,look at the defensive take aways they put on the Bison.Nothing bad to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit3467 View Post
          I've seen it in the NFL lately too. It's usually on olineman trying to pull and the dline will grab and hold him. He can't get out to block then. I did nit see the replay to confirm this though.

Yeah, I think I recall it once during a Vikes' game. I missed the replay of the Jacks' play in question too.

Comment

Great win. Jacks scored first, never trailed and came out ahead in every meaningful statistical category. A lot of the Bison fans seemed to sense early on that were going down.
            This space for lease.

Comment

That was going to be one of my "rants," although I think some of the noise was also the dang Bison fans.

Rant: The Jacks fans who normally sit beside me either forgoing the game or selling their tickets to a couple Bison fans. Thankfully the guys weren't too obnoxious, with the exception of a couple of cheers for the Bison during 1st quarter
              Rave: The perfectly-timed F-16 flyover which drowned out the toolish Bison chant of "home of the Bizun" at the end of the anthem. Also cool that that pilots had Jacks connections.
              Rave: The atmosphere in Brookings today was electric. It just felt like there was an excitement that isn't always there from the moment I got to the stadium, although that could just be me wanting to see that to further my belief that the Jacks would win
              Rave: Forcing a handful of turnovers. There are few things as exciting as the Jacks defense forcing those, and Brown's pick in particular was a thing of beauty
              Rave: Goedert's one-man "tip drill" on the TD. It's been great being able to watch him and Wieneke these past few years.
              Love that too.It should be " land of the free,BECAUSE of the brave"

Comment

This was easily TC's best passing game since the TCU game last year, he was real dialed in. Prop's to Lewis, Johnson, and Brown, they are developing into huge threats from the slot. Prop's to the OL for giving TC a pocket and for allowing our RB's to get through the LOS untouched. Prop's to the D, they are definitely coming into their own right now and swarming to the ball. Prop's to Vinatieri for his hit and for battling through his yips. I don't care who the punt returner is, but pretty please catch the ball...with that said, prop's to the whole team for fighting through that and not allowing the momentum to swing to the Bison.

The Jackrabbit team I've seen the last two weeks is the team I expected to see all year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                  Great win. Jacks scored first, never trailed and came out ahead in every meaningful statistical category. A lot of the Bison fans seemed to sense early on that were going down.
                  Consider this scenario-- the 'Yotes defeat the Bison; the Jacks win out, and the Bison get sent on the road to Brookings for the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit3467 View Post

Correct. Soulek grabbed an o lineman so he couldn't get to the second level to block. The guy wasn't trying to engage would I at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                      Love that too.It should be " land of the free,BECAUSE of the brave"
                      Yeah, the anthem's always meant more to me, and sorry, but I think it's considerably arrogant to say what they say

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                        This was easily TC's best passing game since the TCU game last year, he was real dialed in. Prop's to Lewis, Johnson, and Brown, they are developing into huge threats from the slot. Prop's to the OL for giving TC a pocket and for allowing our RB's to get through the LOS untouched. Prop's to the D, they are definitely coming into their own right now and swarming to the ball. Prop's to Vinatieri for his hit and for battling through his yips. I don't care who the punt returner is, but pretty please catch the ball...with that said, prop's to the whole team for fighting through that and not allowing the momentum to swing to the Bison.

The Jackrabbit team I've seen the last two weeks is the team I expected to see all year.
                        Defense was very impressive against the run. I took a trip through Bisonville, just to see if the refs were taking the blame, but they were OK. However, they kept talking about how SDSU sold out to stop the run with "8 in the box", and I almost LOL-ed. The Jacks did that a few times, but really not many. That was the front 7. Props to the D-line, backers, and even the corners for coming up and making stops.

Comment

Add this....Rant- the pathetic student section...easily 500+ open spots...so disappointing.

Comment

It is fortunate we played the game today even though it was the invincible bison. It was a great team effort led by some great players and coaches.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Now that I am actually home I can give my takeaway of the game:

-SDSU defense was the best unit on the field for either team after the 1st quarter. Those guys have been getting killed by many SDSU fans, but they won this game. They didn't let NDSU do anything they wanted.
                              -Still have a couple really questionable play calls that killed a couple drives, but overall a very sold game plan.
                              -Offensive line struggled, as expected, a few times. But overall they did a great job creating running and passing lanes.
                              -I finally believe that TC is back to last season's form. He made the right calls on almost every play and make the throws. I really felt he was the best player on the field.
                              -Crowd was into it the whole game. Sure they cheered a little bit when we had the ball, but I liked the enthusiasm. Those on here calling them idiots should probably look in the mirror.
                              -If this team had been on the field all year, we would be undefeated.
                              -Even after this year, we are in great shape at WR, TE, and RB.
                              -Catch. The. Punt
                              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Yeah, the anthem's always meant more to me, and sorry, but I think it's considerably arrogant to say what they say
                                It would be interesting to find out how Bison fans feel about the whole NFL players kneeling during the Anthem thing. To me, what they do is a lot more disrespectful.

Comment

Working...
                                X