Oral Roberts With a New Logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oral Roberts With a New Logo

I'm sure some of you have seen this by now, but I thought I'd post it here anyways to here your opinions. ORU decided to get rid of their old logo of the Golden Eagle and replace it with a more "modern" look. Thoughts on the new Golden Eagle logo?

http://oruathletics.com/general/2017...20171030zhh11e

Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Re: Oral Roberts With a New Logo

I think it looks good. Doesn't blow you away, but seems solid.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
        This. Only worse.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Better than what they had...but it is no Jackrabbit logo!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
            Better than what they had...but it is no Jackrabbit logo!
            I was working in radio at the time of the logo change. I couldn't believe the amount of people that were totally unhappy with the logo and said they would never wear it. Fast forward and today they have the sticker on their car, a flag in the yard, and at least 3 polos. ha
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
              I was working in radio at the time of the logo change. I couldn't believe the amount of people that were totally unhappy with the logo and said they would never wear it. Fast forward and today they have the sticker on their car, a flag in the yard, and at least 3 polos. ha
              I was a student when SDSU was working on changing the logo, and if I recall correctly, the logos we have now came out of the 2nd round of renderings. I remember seeing a bunch of rabbit logos that were, at best, underwhelming that we were supposed to vote on, but eventually that just disappeared and our current logos arrived, which I loved.

Maybe someone can remember how the whole process went down better than me, as everything is just starting to blend together in my old age.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                I was a student when SDSU was working on changing the logo, and if I recall correctly, the logos we have now came out of the 2nd round of renderings. I remember seeing a bunch of rabbit logos that were, at best, underwhelming that we were supposed to vote on, but eventually that just disappeared and our current logos arrived, which I loved.

Maybe someone can remember how the whole process went down better than me, as everything is just starting to blend together in my old age.
                Like this one?

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post

3rd round I believe. 1 round leaked was a total disaster then the second was bad also. then they had a third go at it.

Comment

If it were not for the nasty letters from Warner Bros., owners of Bugs Bunny logo, we might still have the old logo. I never Liked the new one but can live with it. It seems to be working. We never had this much interest in game day festivities in the 1960’s when we won the NCC three years in a row. So it only gets better.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      If it were not for the nasty letters from Warner Bros., owners of Bugs Bunny logo, we might still have the old logo. I never Liked the new one but can live with it. It seems to be working. We never had this much interest in game day festivities in the 1960’s when we won the NCC three years in a row. So it only gets better.
                      I think the new logo fits in much better with the move to Division I. I was from the cartoon bunny days, but it was time to move on.

Comment

Like this one?
                        Yah, I remember that one. Not good.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                          3rd round I believe. 1 round leaked was a total disaster then the second was bad also. then they had a third go at it.
                          Thanks for clarifying that. I just remember a bunch of logos that looked bland or not good at all.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

I think the new logo fits in much better with the move to Division I. I was from the cartoon bunny days, but it was time to move on.
                            I would agree. I recall being told by prior AD of the likeness to Bugs and the need for change. This something that’s not done overnight. I would expect the current logo to be used for decades into the future.

Comment

I remember also hearing from somewhere when we were going through our logo change that "projects like this don't have a due date. Keep working on it until it is right." Count me as one that is really glad we took this philosophy into this project.

Comment

Working...
                              X