Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tailgating

Default Tailgating

Tailgating seems to be down significantly in the North area. They have removed the students, barred liquor and made it significantly worse. We need to find ways to improve this experience or there will be more empty spaces in the North side.

Default Re: Tailgating

Quote Originally Posted by sdsu2000 View Post
    Tailgating seems to be down significantly in the North area. They have removed the students, barred liquor and made it significantly worse. We need to find ways to improve this experience or there will be more empty spaces in the North side.
    The thing about the empty spaces is that they have a "waiting list" to get in the backyard. The folks that show up for 1 game a year annoy me, especially when there are others who want to be in the backyard weekly. It would be nice if they tracked who attended and who didn't and then maybe suggested to the renters who weren't there frequently that they just get a spot in a paved lot. That would open it up for folks who want to tailgate in the backyard every game.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    The thing about the empty spaces is that they have a "waiting list" to get in the backyard. The folks that show up for 1 game a year annoy me, especially when there are others who want to be in the backyard weekly. It would be nice if they tracked who attended and who didn't and then maybe suggested to the renters who weren't there frequently that they just get a spot in a paved lot. That would open it up for folks who want to tailgate in the backyard every game.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsu2000 View Post
    I have thought this as well...but as I have walked to the other lots before the game there is much more people tailgating in the other lots than ever before. I believe that has something to do with the Backyard being less populated.

Agree with Westside, who is my next door neighbor in the a Backyard, the people who only show up for 1-2 games/year in their spot need to removed. We finally had a space next to us that is filled every week after it never being used for the previous 3 years.

I am really curious how they enforce a no hard liquor policy.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post

I always drink crown. Never got caught

Yeah I had a lot (re: too much) during Hobo Day and no one said anything to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFan96 View Post
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

That is what happens when you set something up as a way to generate revenue and not a gameday experience. Why even have the entire north area be reserved? Why not just have a few spots be reserved (at a premium price), but let the rest be open?
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Just don't have it out in the open. Should be fine.

I'm pretty sure the hard liquor rule was meant for the younger crowd. They would carry handles of hard liquor and take pulls out of it. They were thinking (and probably correct) that if you could cut down on that, things wouldn't get so crazy at times.