Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tailgating

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    This has been a rule for at least 2 years. As long as you don’t have liquor bottles out in the open you will be okay.
    I agree, this is one rule they're actually lenient and decent in applying/not applying.

I think one of the biggest issues we have is that all tailgating areas around the stadium are on campus. This is not the case for many football stadiums around the country, which allows the school to turn a blind eye because it really isn't their problem if it's off their property.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      I agree with a lot of what has been said here. I started in 06 tailgating in the backyard as a student when it was $5 to drive in instead of the $500 like now. The biggest problem I ever remember is when the AST club had the raffle to see how long a car with no oil could go before blowing up. haha. Oh, also Mango pedaling his crappy PBR way before it became a hipster beer.

Obviously, the Hobo Day beer throwing was an issue and I agree, it is only Hobo Day that causes trouble. The rest of the games would not be an issue. This isn't Sell and it certainly isn't student leadership pushing for these rules. It is President Dunn and UPD. Dunn strongly detests underage drinking and feels it is one of our main issues with retention. He has given UPD free reign to stop it. Justin, like previous administrations, realizes that there is a balance. I remember Mike Reger and Marysz Rames telling me they would rather have students drinking in a controlled setting (like tailgating) than at a house party in town. Unfortunately, the current level of enforcement is alienating a generation of students who will soon become alumni and potential donors and season ticket holders.
      Well, when you are a poor college student and you are tailgating with a PBR rep, you drink PBR and offload as much of their crap as you can so they keep giving you more free beer.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
        Well, when you are a poor college student and you are tailgating with a PBR rep, you drink PBR and offload as much of their crap as you can so they keep giving you more free beer.
        PBR? Please define.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          PBR? Please define.
          Pabst Blue Ribbon

Comment

PBR? Please define.
            Professional bull riding
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Professional bull riding
              Who do I believe?

Comment

Who do I believe?
                "Trust No One"

(Cue X-Files theme song)
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                  This is why I put all my hard alcohol in used water bottles.
                  Now THAT, is a veteran move.

Comment

In all seriousness, I wonder if we should organize our complaints. Start a petition or something. Our student section sucks and I can't completely blame them...

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                      "Trust No One"

(Cue X-Files theme song)
                      Maybe I don’t have the need to know. I think we will be okay.

Comment

Originally posted by RunninRabbit View Post
                        In all seriousness, I wonder if we should organize our complaints. Start a petition or something. Our student section sucks and I can't completely blame them...
                        If our administration doesn’t know why or know the complaints then they are completely oblivious and need to figure out how to get some way to get the pulse of the fans and students.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                          If our administration doesn’t know why or know the complaints then they are completely oblivious and need to figure out how to get some way to get the pulse of the fans and students.

Looser tailgating rules isn't going to fix it.

Comment

Tailgating

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                            That’s one opinion

Edit:

I get the people who don’t tailgate or do it often love to look down their noses at those who do drink and have a good time before the game. But there is a big difference between having rules for the tailgate and having a welcoming atmosphere. If students are constantly confronted by police, do you consider that welcoming? Would you feel welcome if you constantly are talking to police? What if a student doesn’t want to drink and are drinking something nonalcoholic out of a cup? You wouldn’t get tired of it? Give me a break.

Comment

I will say this, doing things quietly with certain social media accounts and student groups to get them to promote going to games will be a big help. I’m sure the school doesn’t want to be officially linked with something like a barstool account, but quietly making sure they know when games are and who they are against so they get the word out isn’t a bad idea IMO. Find the groups that are known by the students for putting on a good time and find a way to work with them to make sure they get the word out and on board could do wonders. Who is excited and talking about the game is as important as getting the word out IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                                I absolutely agree. I just want to come to the game and leave without being hit by a beer bottle or assaulted by some one who can not hold their liquor. They are out there and you know who they are. The police have to do what they are told to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X