Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tailgating

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    As long as the kids are tweeting things like this (https://twitter.com/SloSHO/status/1046714463297163264) the tailgating rules that we have are essentually what we need. even if you don't like it you know deep down this is correct.
    Making tailgating great again? I wonder where that thought came from?

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
      As long as the kids are tweeting things like this (https://twitter.com/SloSHO/status/1046714463297163264) the tailgating rules that we have are essentually what we need. even if you don't like it you know deep down this is correct.
      I HATE our tailgating rules. That being said, that type of stuff is unacceptable. I don’t think that the rules we have are necessary to stop this from happening either though......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Bison make the list of the top 25 college tailgating experiences at #19.

You may also notice the author chose to include the Jacks (or at least three of our fellow fans), in the photo accompanying Nebraska's #21 ranking.
        Last edited by jakejc795; 10-17-2018, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
          Bison make the list of the top 25 college tailgating experiences at #19.

You may also notice the author chose to include the Jacks (or at least three of our fellow fans), in the photo accompanying Nebraska's #21 ranking.
          Why does this make you angry?

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            The only thing keeping NDSU this low on the list is the fact they are FCS. It really is a great experience. The first time we were invited up there we didn't even go into the dome since we didn't have tickets. The guys we were with said that is a pretty common occurrence.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              Trying to be humorous. Generally, any mention of the Bison puts a damper on things for me (unless the reference is them losing)

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                The only thing keeping NDSU this low on the list is the fact they are FCS. It really is a great experience. The first time we were invited up there we didn't even go into the dome since we didn't have tickets. The guys we were with said that is a pretty common occurrence.
                I'm looking forward to the future where we can have sold out games and we can allow tailgating to go on during the game and even hours after the game is over. Based on our stadium size, it probably won't happen for at least another decade.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                  I'm looking forward to the future where we can have sold out games and we can allow tailgating to go on during the game and even hours after the game is over. Based on our stadium size, it probably won't happen for at least another decade.
                  I will take the over.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                    I will take the over.
                    I don't know of many places that allow tailgating after the game starts. I know that NDSU didn't when we were up there last. According to their website, they have the same 30 minute prior to kickoff cutoff for the lots.
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post

Im not sure you can tailgate for hours after games in most places. At Notre Dame you had to leave 2 hrs after the game.

Comment

Yes
                        Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                        Im not sure you can tailgate for hours after games in most places. At Notre Dame you had to leave 2 hrs after the game.
                        I can’t imagine wanting to hang around for two hours after a football game, but then I am old guy who loves his recliner in front of my TV. If the hang time involves BBQ ribs and other good stuff, then you need to move to public park or someone’s backyard. If it’s involves substance abuse such as over consumption of barley pop, that can be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          Yes I can’t imagine wanting to hang around for two hours after a football game, but then I am old guy who loves his recliner in front of my TV. If the hang time involves BBQ ribs and other good stuff, then you need to move to public park or someone’s backyard. If it’s involves substance abuse such as over consumption of barley pop, that can be a problem.
                          By the time you get out of the stadium and to your car, if most stay till the end, its going to take a half hour or more to get to your car. Traffic is heavy, better to wait for it to thin out. So have a couple beers while waiting. Its close to 2 hrs by then. Its not like you can party it up in those 2 hrs. You can do that somewhere else

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                            By the time you get out of the stadium and to your car, if most stay till the end, its going to take a half hour or more to get to your car. Traffic is heavy, better to wait for it to thin out. So have a couple beers while waiting. Its close to 2 hrs by then. Its not like you can party it up in those 2 hrs. You can do that somewhere else
                            Game day in South Bend is not Game day in Brookings. For sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              Game day in South Bend is not Game day in Brookings. For sure.
                              No but the post game radio show is done before you even get to the interstate. I think we really need an hour show after the game. Take some calls some player interviews little more game recap. I think it would go over really well.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X