Tailgating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tailgating

My 4 and 7 yr old sons attended their first game (in their memory) last weekend. Their favorite part: The Cannon!!!

In general, I'm indifferent to the cannon, but knowing they get excited about it, it adds a lot of fun. As long as we can keep firing it early and often.

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post
      My 4 and 7 yr old sons attended their first game (in their memory) last weekend. Their favorite part: The Cannon!!!

In general, I'm indifferent to the cannon, but knowing they get excited about it, it adds a lot of fun. As long as we can keep firing it early and often.
      My friend with a history of seizure not so much. I tried to warn him before it shot off but still made him jump everytime.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
        Can we at least agree the 4th qtr yell has to go. The only one I could see as kind of cool would be to start the game. Students yell Jack. Rest of the fans yell rabbit. Back and frog leading to the kick off. That's the only time I'm ok with it.
        would love to see it just stay with SD...SU...SD...SU, etc., and happen sporadically through the game. The Jack and Rabbits and the "hey everyone let's do this cheer message" just doesn't work for me and seems forced.
        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
          would love to see it just stay with SD...SU...SD...SU, etc., and happen sporadically through the game. The Jack and Rabbits and the "hey everyone let's do this cheer message" just doesn't work for me and seems forced.
          And in its current state it just stops and feels like it needs an ending. I am doing my part in killing it off buy not participating. And encouraging my friends to not join in.

Also this https://twitter.com/SloSHO/status/10...853582336?s=19

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SlapJack View Post

I like the cannon too. I am 77 years young Keep the cannon and for the cheer follow the legal advice given by my favorite USD alum, Steve Hoy, STOP NOW!!!!!
            Last edited by Nidaros; 09-14-2018, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              I like the cannon too. I am 77 years young Keep the cannon and for the cheer follow the legal advice given by my favorite USD alum, Steve Hoy, STOP NOW!!!!!
              you didn't look at my Tweet, did you?

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                you didn't look at my Tweet, did you?
                Yes I did. Very entertaining, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  Can we at least agree the 4th qtr yell has to go. The only one I could see as kind of cool would be to start the game. Students yell Jack. Rest of the fans yell rabbit. Back and frog leading to the kick off. That's the only time I'm ok with it.
                  I totally agree, it’s awful and no one is into it. Go back to the drawing board.
                  Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    Yes I did. Very entertaining, thank you.
                    OPPS misquote Steven Hoy. He said STOP PLEASE and not STOP NOW. Sorry Slosho for misquoting.

Comment

So... I know it's Marker week, so the last thing people want to do is beat the dead horse that is the tailgating topic on here. However, I attended my first game at Kinnick Stadium in Iowa City over the weekend. For anyone that thinks the current tailgating situation is sufficient, head on down to Iowa City for an Iowa home game to see an example of what tailgating could be in Brookings, obviously on a much smaller scale. I wish SDSU would go tour some facilities like this on gameday and realize the opportunity they're missing out on.

Also, we definitely need to change the 4th quarter yell to be just S-D-S-U back and forth and continue until it dies out or the game starts. Iowa does the I-O-W-A chant multiple times a game and it's organic and fans have a lot of fun with it. They go by corner, which wouldn't work in Brookings, but we could go back and forth bewteen the West and East. I don't care if we go SD, then SU, or split it up and go S, D, S U. Anything like that would be better than the cheesy thing we have now.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                        So... I know it's Marker week, so the last thing people want to do is beat the dead horse that is the tailgating topic on here. However, I attended my first game at Kinnick Stadium in Iowa City over the weekend. For anyone that thinks the current tailgating situation is sufficient, head on down to Iowa City for an Iowa home game to see an example of what tailgating could be in Brookings, obviously on a much smaller scale. I wish SDSU would go tour some facilities like this on gameday and realize the opportunity they're missing out on.

Also, we definitely need to change the 4th quarter yell to be just S-D-S-U back and forth and continue until it dies out or the game starts. Iowa does the I-O-W-A chant multiple times a game and it's organic and fans have a lot of fun with it. They go by corner, which wouldn't work in Brookings, but we could go back and forth bewteen the West and East. I don't care if we go SD, then SU, or split it up and go S, D, S U. Anything like that would be better than the cheesy thing we have now.
                        Yep agreed with your change to the 4th quarter chant. I would recommend doing it before that late in the game. I would say leading up to both kick off of first and second half.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post

This x 100. I think i mentioned it a few posts ago. It would be so much more organic and could happen anytime. Much better than our current "state shout".
                          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                            This x 100. I think i mentioned it a few posts ago. It would be so much more organic and could happen anytime. Much better than our current "state shout".
                            I agree that it is kinda dorky in the stands. However, it does sound really cool on the field so I'm guessing the game days ops people would appreciate the feedback on how to make it better.
                            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                              I agree that it is kinda dorky in the stands. However, it does sound really cool on the field so I'm guessing the game days ops people would appreciate the feedback on how to make it better.
                              Who should I send this to?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0O0lYt9x8Y

Comment

As long as the kids are tweeting things like this (https://twitter.com/SloSHO/status/1046714463297163264) the tailgating rules that we have are essentually what we need. even if you don't like it you know deep down this is correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X