MBB Mid Major Poll 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MBB Mid Major Poll 2017-18

Jackrabbits slip to #22 and the yotes slide into #25 this week. Mo State sits at #17.
    http://www.collegeinsider.com/mens-mid-major-top-25.php
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Yotes jump to #18 while the Jackrabbits fall out of top 25.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        Yotes jump to #18 while the Jackrabbits fall out of top 25.
        Makes sense. They are beating 2 and 3 win teams, while we are losing to Colorado, Witch St and Kansas.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          Makes sense. They are beating 2 and 3 win teams, while we are losing to Colorado, Witch St and Kansas.
          That's ok...it'll make the titanic hoops video this year of Jenkins Jr beating them in the SLT even sweeter...

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
            That's ok...it'll make the titanic hoops video this year of Jenkins Jr beating them in the SLT even sweeter...
            I dont really care either if we are ranked or not either. All that matters is what happens on the court.

Comment

I get that the rankings don't really matter, but it does seem weird the Jacks were completely dropped out. All they did over the last week was cream UND and go to double OT with a PAC-12 team. They make it seem like we were blown out to some nobody team in the NAIA.
              Rollin' in my 5.0
              With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
              Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                I get that the rankings don't really matter, but it does seem weird the Jacks were completely dropped out. All they did over the last week was cream UND and go to double OT with a PAC-12 team. They make it seem like we were blown out to some nobody team in the NAIA.
                Apparently enough voters simply see 5 losses and look elsewhere. Only two teams in the top-25 have four or more losses (#20 NKU and #23 FGCU). I'm not at all worried about where we are listed here based on actually watching this team and comparing them to both past SDSU teams and our conference mates. Expect to see the Jacks climbing back up the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                  I would rather it be a highlight video of a 20 point win instead, but I’d be ok with that too I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Yotes are #18 and the Jackrabbits are #22. Old foes Oakland Griz are #25.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                      I think both teams have about the same type of schedule.
                      SDSU played Kansas, Witch St, Missouri State and Colorado and USD played Duke, UCLA and TCU. USD did lose to Northern Colorado but SDSU did lose to Wyoming. Both teams have their fair share of cupcakes, too.
                      I don't know if I could say one schedule was tougher than the other.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                        I think both teams have about the same type of schedule.
                        SDSU played Kansas, Witch St, Missouri State and Colorado and USD played Duke, UCLA and TCU. USD did lose to Northern Colorado but SDSU did lose to Wyoming. Both teams have their fair share of cupcakes, too.
                        I don't know if I could say one schedule was tougher than the other.
                        Not a big deal, it will all get worked out in league play, but you may want to take a second look at those schedules. USD have no wins over a team below 200 in RPI. Their best win is over 201 Eastern Washington. They played 3 teams in the top 100 going 0 - 3 (UCLA, 58: Duke, 1; TCU, 6. USD played nine games against teams above 200 in RPI, they are 9-0 against those teams.

SDSU played 4 teams in the top 100 going 1 - 3 (Wichita, 22; Missouri St, 76; Kansas, 18; defeated Buffalo, 42). SDSU also has gone 2 - 2 against teams in the 100s. We defeated Iowa, 158; and Mississippi State, 184 and lost to CU, 106 and Wyoming at 112. SDSU played 4 games against teams above 200 in RPI. We are 4 - 0 against those teams.

SDSU's strength of schedule is 116, USD's is 242. I think the schedules are actually very different.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
                          Not a big deal, it will all get worked out in league play, but you may want to take a second look at those schedules. USD have no wins over a team below 200 in RPI. Their best win is over 201 Eastern Washington. They played 3 teams in the top 100 going 0 - 3 (UCLA, 58: Duke, 1; TCU, 6. USD played nine games against teams above 200 in RPI, they are 9-0 against those teams.

SDSU played 4 teams in the top 100 going 1 - 3 (Wichita, 22; Missouri St, 76; Kansas, 18; defeated Buffalo, 42). SDSU also has gone 2 - 2 against teams in the 100s. We defeated Iowa, 158; and Mississippi State, 184 and lost to CU, 106 and Wyoming at 112. SDSU played 4 games against teams above 200 in RPI. We are 4 - 0 against those teams.

SDSU's strength of schedule is 116, USD's is 242. I think the schedules are actually very different.
                          I guess I didn't know USD's schedule was that weak. I see that both teams play 4 NAIA or DII teams, too.
                          Like you said, one week from today the conference schedule starts and then we will see how things stack up.

Comment

The poll has 2 Summit teams in the top 15. West Coast has 4 teams top 20. MVC has 2 teams top 15. Horizon has 1 team at #24. Southern has 4 teams top 20. Sun Belt has 3 top 25 teams. American East has #21 & #23. MAC has #25. Colonial has #10 & #13. A decent showing for the poll.\

Comment

From out of the poll to #7 in 3 weeks. Have we ever cracked the top-5?

A quick sampling of some of the bracketology websites shows that most currently have us as a 13-seed. One had ORU representing the Summit as a 16.

Comment

I'm spoiled by the elite position that the MVFC is for football and am underwhelmed by the Summit's depth this year.

#7 - SDSU
                                #14 - USD

There are 54 teams receiving votes in the poll and no other Summit team has received a single vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X