Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBB Mid Major Poll 2017-18

http://www.collegeinsider.com/mens-mid-major-top-25.php

Jackrabbits check in at #14. Yotes, UNI, UND, and Ft Wayne getting votes. Mo State is #16.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: MBB Mid Major Poll 2017-18

Interesting to see Oakland at #5.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
      Interesting to see Oakland at #5.
      And they may have lost one of their better players due to an unbiased NCAA ruling on scholastics. If he had been a TarHeel, there would not have been an issue.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...o-alabama-a-m/

If any of you remember Matt Norlander, he has ranked all the Division I college teams.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Thanks for the link.

Norlander's quick summaries on each team make good reading. He lists USD at 126 and SDSU at 140.

Norlander was good to the Jackrabbits during the Wolters years.

Norlander picks Scott Nagy's Wright State team at 158 and writes: Mark Alstork transferring to Illinois is going to leave a ... mark. But Scott Nagy's got good contributors returning, and he's probably going to be in the Horizon League title game come 2019. One of the better mid-major coaches out there.

In grazing the article, I saw Fairfield U slotted at 182. I don't know much about Fairfiled U but that's a pretty good T-shirt: FU. (Not as good as little Wartburg College's track and field T-Shirt: WTF. _- not joking, they sell 'em.)

Interesting observation about UMKC listed at 294:
          The Roos are just not in the right league. The school should be better than this, but it's stuck in the WAC and can't find its footing. Now it's a start-over season after losing a bunch of seniors.

Comment

I noticed the UMKC summary, too. It seems everyone has the feeling they're going to be moving. The WAC is an interesting group of misfits, in my opinion. Give it a couple years and Grand Canyon will be moving on to greener pastures (keep an eye on them this year.) I'm just not sure it's a conference that will be around in 5 years.
            Rollin' in my 5.0
            With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
            Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

The Jackrabbits scoot from #14 to #13 this week. USD is getting votes. Ft Wayne does not appear to be in the mix this week.

Comment

Jacks slip back to 14th after Kansas game. Be interesting to see placement after Cayman results factored in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Jackrabbits remain at #14. That is one spot in front of Oakland and 4 spots ahead of Saturday's foe Missouri St. Yotes are getting 33 votes which would be #34.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                    Jackrabbits remain at #14. That is one spot in front of Oakland and 4 spots ahead of Saturday's foe Missouri St. Yotes are getting 33 votes which would be #34.
                    How would this play out towards an at large bid? Any historical numbers to say typcially the top 10 get a spot?

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu2000 View Post
                      How would this play out towards an at large bid? Any historical numbers to say typcially the top 10 get a spot?
                      It would play out the same way it always has and pretty much always will. Not!

Comment

A number of the top 10 probably get an automatic qualifier bid for winning their conference tournament.

Comment

Only way the men get an at-large is to win the rest of the games on their schedule and lose in the Summit finals. Maybe could argue we could lose to Wichita too, but that's about it. We'd have to have something like 3-4 losses max. Even then we could still get passed over. Ultra tough for us to get an at large.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                            It would play out the same way it always has and pretty much always will. Not!
                            Correct. No point to discuss this. We are in a one bid league. Iowa and Ole Miss would have to be top 25 programs and neither is predicted to achieve that.

LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                              Correct. No point to discuss this. We are in a one bid league. Iowa and Ole Miss would have to be top 25 programs and neither is predicted to achieve that.

Wins like this will help getting a better seed should we win the summit.

Comment

Working...
                              X