• Show
Clear All

Re: Trouble in Vermillion

Entire thing reminds me of the fall of Reggie Scott:

http://www.inforum.com/sports/bison/...08-parking-lot

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      Details from Keloland. It's incredibly sad the victim was reluctant to report this because of backlash.
      I think this speaks to a majority of the problems with assult on a college campus when athletes are involved. I would also say that a victim at SDSU would probably have the same reservations.

It is a horrible crime and the way that it was handled by USD should be the guide for any program. If, through a court of law, these men* are found guilty I hope that the book is thrown at them. What they allegedly did could very well effect that woman for her entire life.

*IMO anyone that does this is not a man and is barely a person
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

On the football side of things..... How about losing your two starting CB (along with one of their backups) right before the brutal UNI-NDSU-SDSU stretch. The Coyotes won't be playing SIU and their VERY generous backup QB the next three weeks. I especially love the thought of Weineke being chased by their backup corners inside a dome.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          On the football side of things..... How about losing your two starting CB (along with one of their backups) right before the brutal UNI-NDSU-SDSU stretch. The Coyotes won't be playing SIU and their VERY generous backup QB the next three weeks. I especially love the thought of Weineke being chased by their backup corners inside a dome.
          I gotta think it's going to hurt.

Expanding the tread drift even more, is Streveler expected to be back or is he going to miss some time?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            I gotta think it's going to hurt.

Expanding the tread drift even more, is Streveler expected to be back or is he going to miss some time?
            I saw a tweet saying that he should be back this Saturday.

Comment

KELO TV reporting this morning (11/24/17) that Dale Williamson Jr, one of the two USD football players arrested in October, is back in jail after being arrested the other day. KELO reports It could not be determined if the new charge is related to the original incident from October. Williamson had been charged in the October incident with attempted second degree rape. Link to KELO report:

http://www.keloland.com/news/article...layer-arrested

(Anyone else finding it curious that more outrage has been expressed by some USD supporters about Coach Eck stating his support of TC for MVP than about the arrests? Maybe apples and oranges but still curious.)

Comment

According to the Argus, this is a new warrant and charge, unrelated to the October charges. That's what the police chief was quoted as saying anyways.

I know innocent until proven guilty, etc......But a potential repeat offender??????

What a mess.

Something tells me this will not be the last incident of this nature in Bob Nielsen's tenure down there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                  According to the Argus, this is a new warrant and charge, unrelated to the October charges. That's what the police chief was quoted as saying anyways.

I know innocent until proven guilty, etc......But a potential repeat offender??????

What a mess.

Something tells me this will not be the last incident of this nature in Bob Nielsen's tenure down there.
                  This is what worries me. Stuff like this can really ruin a program even if you are winning games. Not the kind of people you want to bring to SD.
                  Rollin' in my 5.0
                  With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                  Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post

What a mess.

I was about to make nearly the same post, but one detail that was not mentioned in the KELO story was that details surrounding this latest charge would be disclosed on Monday. You would hope this would be the last incident, but who knows. USD is the risk taker in terms of recruiting for football.
                    To think we are passing over NW Iowa guys for more skilled guys from Arizona. Everything being equal in terms of moral character SDSU has better choices than USD.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      I was about to make nearly the same post, but one detail that was not mentioned in the KELO story was that details surrounding this latest charge would be disclosed on Monday.
                      Hopefully our assessments of Nielson's ethics are inaccurate and/or he devotes more attention to the nature of the athletes recruited (for the sake of USD students and Vermillion residents) and Jacks fans maintain humility and recognize our good fortune.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                        Hopefully our assessments of Nielson's ethics are inaccurate and/or he devotes more attention to the nature of the athletes recruited (for the sake of USD students and Vermillion residents) and Jacks fans maintain humility and recognize our good fortune.
                        Not necessarily reflecting on Coach Nielsen, but if you follow the commits that SDSU is getting as opposed to USD, they are in the position of being a risk taker in order to close the gap.

Comment

Perhaps Nielsen should live up to his image by teaching his players not to taunt injured or tackled opponents who are laid out on the turf. Then he could go after bad, off-field behavior. He's got a lot of work to do.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                            Honestly what else could he do? He did not recruit this player and kicked him off before any charges. Seems like Nielsen has run a pretty tight ship and kicked off another player who was caught for possession. That is something Stig didn't even do.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
                              Honestly what else could he do? He did not recruit this player and kicked him off before any charges. Seems like Nielsen has run a pretty tight ship and kicked off another player who was caught for possession. That is something Stig didn't even do.
                              The players taunting during last week's game is what I objected to, and as you allude to, pretty much all he could directly control.

Clark and Slade were suspended for use (demonstrated by failed drug tests) rather than possession, correct? Slight distinction, but one would involve criminal offense, while the other a violation of team/NCAA rules.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
                                You are correct. Must be careful when throwing stones.

Comment

Working...
                                X