Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game Week: North Dakota State University

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
    That’s pretty tame. Should have heard them the day after the game was announced as sold out.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And much like you crying about it on every board possible...wow
    BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      If it does snow, you will absolutely get snow around Summit, SD. That place has the worst weather.
      I've heard the Summit exit described as the armpit of the earth...

I think because of how the 2 losses have gone and the playoff game last year I don't know how to gage this game. I do like the hurry up we do on occasion with the offense. The D scares me if we can't get off the field. Again, I don't care if we give up a couple long plays but any 8-9 min 12 play drive could be a back breaker...or at least give me flashbacks.

Comment

I expect the following:
        1. NDSU will try to run the ball like 87 times, if they can.
        2. The Jackrabbits will need to connect on some of the deep balls they have been missing most of the season (but seemed to hit the last couple weeks)
        3. It should be a good game, either way.
        4. Offensive line for SDSU will play a gigantic role... if Taryn has time to throw, and some holes are opened against NDSU's front, that's huge, and also easier said than done.
        -over the last several years, when NDSU has won (and they have won often, as you know)... they have dominated the line of scrimmage with their front 7. I'm realistic. I don't expect a game like against Western. But it would be nice if we could make some plays against them.

Comment

Here is my preview of NDSU: http://jackrabbitillustrated.blogspo...ota-state.html
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
            Let's not get started with the personal insults in a non-smack thread.

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
              Pretty hilarious to see how cow fans act when they get their own medicine

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Really no secrets to this game. NDSU is gonna try and run the ball and keep it out of our offenses hands. If they have success with it and have TOP of 35 mins + they will win. If they are forced into 2nd and 3rd and longs and are forced to pass we likely have the upper hand.

Comment

Bison will be without Lance Dunn. Expect a heavy dose of Bruce Anderson. It sounds like Ty Brooks will play a role as well. He is the flashier of the two and had a big run last week against UNI. They also pulled a redshirt on Seth Wilson who saw one snap last week.
                  Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                    Really no secrets to this game. NDSU is gonna try and run the ball and keep it out of our offenses hands. If they have success with it and have TOP of 35 mins + they will win. If they are forced into 2nd and 3rd and longs and are forced to pass we likely have the upper hand.
                    Yeah they gouged us on 3rd and long before. Defense needs to get off the field. We will load the box and try to force Stick to beat us with his arm. Even if we succeed in that we could still lose, Stick has shown he can chuck the ball around when he needs to. At least if we force them to pass then they likely won’t have a huge TOP disparity. If we get up by a 10 quick I think it will give our defense a much better chance to do their thing. Force them to do things they aren’t comfortable with.

Wild card will be the weather. I can’t believe I’m saying this for the first time but I’m nervous about precipitation. We have yet to perform well in the elements. Hopefully they practice outside all week. I know NDSU will be.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I say this with tremendous respect for the Bison players, coaches, and staff.

I really hope the Jackrabbits can win, because their fans are egregiously annoying. (and yes, probably with right to be so)

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                        We should do an over/under on how many "drives" SDSU will have that will take less than 90 seconds off of the game clock.
                        I really don't think UNI ran the ball "all over" SDSU. Ya they had a lot of yards but when you have 60 carries, you should put up some yards. UNI only average 3.6 yards/carry.
                        The YSU game was just ugly and if any team runs like that on SDSU, SDSU is in trouble. NDSU will try to do that so we will see.
                        SDSU had about 13 possessions in that game and only had the ball for more than 2 minutes on 3 of those 13 drives. If SDSU's offense scores in 1 play great but if they don't control the ball and they don't score, this could be an ugly game. SDSU had more drives that took less than 1 minute off the clock than they had that lasted more then 2 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                          We should do an over/under on how many "drives" SDSU will have that will take less than 90 seconds off of the game clock.
                          I really don't think UNI ran the ball "all over" SDSU. Ya they had a lot of yards but when you have 60 carries, you should put up some yards. UNI only average 3.6 yards/carry.
                          The YSU game was just ugly and if any team runs like that on SDSU, SDSU is in trouble. NDSU will try to do that so we will see.
                          SDSU had about 13 possessions in that game and only had the ball for more than 2 minutes on 3 of those 13 drives. If SDSU's offense scores in 1 play great but if they don't control the ball and they don't score, this could be an ugly game. SDSU had more drives that took less than 1 minute off the clock than they had that lasted more then 2 minutes.
                          If the drives end in touchdowns then quick drives are okay by me. Where this offense gets itself into trouble are the 3 & Out drives. If we score then NDSU can't simply pound the ball every drive. I think our best defense on Saturday may be our offense.
                          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I hope TC and his receivers are practicing, eating, sleeping and going to class outside in the cold all week. Either they are able to put on an aerial show or we get the ground-pounded into a 14+ point loss like we've seen too many times against NDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                              Excellent post again. Hoping your predicted score is slightly off and the game is never in doubt in Jacks' favor.

Comment

Jacks are 7.5 point dogs. Total is 51.5. Both seem about right. Although imo, we either win by a little bit, or lose by a lot. The chances of anything else are slim.

Comment

Working...
                                X