X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ WIU Landlocked Marines

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
    This game was pretty neat, eh?
    I would like to see better tackling, and better play by safeties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Link to Zimm's post-game story on the Argus Leader -- good piece working in UNI Coach Mark Farley's reference to the "Three Amigos":
      https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...nce/807851001/

Comment

Here's the story from the McDonough County Voice, the newspaper serving the Macomb area:

http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports...-in-52-24-loss

Comment

Originally posted by He hate me View Post
          You're wrong. All scoring plays and turnovers are reviewed. The Missouri valley has designated replay officials for every game.
          Really?! Wow, that's actually really surprising to me. I would think they would only do that for colleges with the big bucks, like P5. Not a bad thing to do, I guess. Get the call right and makes all the schools have to do well with filming games (which means more fans can watch the game more enjoyably.) Thanks for correcting me on this one; I learned something.
          Rollin' in my 5.0
          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Does anyone else find it strange that attendance was only 2200-2300? Especially for a 11/12 matchup of very good teams, that's sad.

I'll echo the better tackling sentiment and add not giving up on a play. The McShane run, watch it and you'll see Rozeboom push hard but others give up. Cox came on strong at the end of the play though. That's why #2 is the stud he is, he never gives up.

I'd still like to know why all of a sudden we stopped running Mengarelli. I understand it's kind of a 3 man rotation but feed the hot hand. Lewis had a couple nice plays, his sideline reminded me of Moss at Dallas on Thanksgiving. Unsung hero in my opinion, Adam Anderson, 3 catches for 33yds but they came at crucial times and his run blocking is phenomenal. I also think he's doing a nice job on punt return.

This was also the first time I felt TC was finally making the throws. He only had a few off target but most were lasers. The touch pass he floated on the screen was almost perfect.

I really thought Miller did a great job in there, doing his job...good to see, to know we have young depth. this is why we pulled his redshirt. I'm with WSR, good to know he has meaningful snaps so far and isn't entering the Marker game as a total rookie.

D, the LBs continue to do well for the most part. The D-line was pretty good, the provided pressure and mostly contained McGuire. Avoid poor team tackling and broken coverage and it's 52-10 with the one TD being on a short field.

I for the life of me will never comprehend why the D line is lined up 1-2 yards off the LOS, someone please logically explain that. heck a few times Smenda looked like a blitzing LB. Maybe that(Smenda) was to give them a different look.

The RTP on Romanesko was ticky tack at best, at least in the replay.

On to Marker week....going to be crazy. There is a possibility that the road construction on 6th street will be open...but I'd still use exit 127 if I was coming from the south.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
              Does anyone else find it strange that attendance was only 2200-2300? Especially for a 11/12 matchup of very good teams, that's sad.
              With that tremendous television production, I assume most people stay at home to watch it.

LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                With that tremendous television production, I assume most people stay at home to watch it.

Of course! what was I thinking...although I'm sure Zach Martin has signed with espn already to take his nose picking to the SEC...

That said....I really LOVE that we have Tyler...we are extremely lucky. Throw in Tom Nieman and Hank and the opposing fans are lucky as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                  Of course! what was I thinking...although I'm sure Zach Martin has signed with espn already to take his nose picking to the SEC...

That said....I really LOVE that we have Tyler...we are extremely lucky. Throw in Tom Nieman and Hank and the opposing fans are lucky as well.
                  These kids likely help get that ESPN3 coverage more available. Hopefully by the end of the season they would do the homework for the correct pronunciations for the player names. NPR might be a better avenue for those who do not do better research on the teams and the game itself. It is frustrating, but they are not on the same level as those who have real jobs in sports broadcasting.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                    These kids likely help get that ESPN3 coverage more available. Hopefully by the end of the season they would do the homework for the correct pronunciations for the player names. NPR might be a better avenue for those who do not do better research on the teams and the game itself. It is frustrating, but they are not on the same level as those who have real jobs in sports broadcasting.
                    Unfortunately these kids were raised on Sportcenter and so they feel they have to add to the game instead of letting the game provide the excitement.

Listen to Al Michaels and Jim Nance. Not Chris Berman and Gus Johnson
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Christion and Rozeboom each win a MVFC "Player of the Week" award.
                      http://valley-football.org/news/2017...rs-oct-29.aspx
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

Big win for the Jacks. The defense has to find a way to play better and more physical at the LOS vs the Bison or it will be a long day. Tackling will have to be spot on and no misses like that long run Saturday. Can the defensive front put any pressure on Stick? If not and probably not the day will be long. The safeties struggled on Saturday, watched the game a couple of times and they struggled. Dropped DT pass, missed tackles, poor angles and poor coverage by the safeties. I thought this was a strong part of the defense.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                          Is Jacks#1Fan there?
                          Yes I was, JJ. But, alas, no cowbell. Kicked the heck out of thwir aluminum stands however. Also, FWIW, as far as attendance goes, 1000 is generous.
                          Last edited by Jacks#1Fan; 10-29-2017, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                            Big win for the Jacks. The defense has to find a way to play better and more physical at the LOS vs the Bison or it will be a long day. Tackling will have to be spot on and no misses like that long run Saturday. Can the defensive front put any pressure on Stick? If not and probably not the day will be long. The safeties struggled on Saturday, watched the game a couple of times and they struggled. Dropped DT pass, missed tackles, poor angles and poor coverage by the safeties. I thought this was a strong part of the defense.
                            I agree our defense made stops but they still need to improve if we are going to win any of the last 3 games. It was more the offense only put the defense in a bad position ounce and always made western march the length of field. The best defense is a good offense in this case. And I think that’s what we need to do to beat the bison put up pts don’t put the defense in a bad situation, and make stick beat you with his arm not his legs. And get some damn pressure on him.
                            Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                              Unfortunately these kids were raised on Sportcenter and so they feel they have to add to the game instead of letting the game provide the excitement.

Listen to Al Michaels and Jim Nance. Not Chris Berman and Gus Johnson
                              Hold on here. You can make fun of those kids mispronouncing names all you want, but I'm not going to have you drag Gus Johnson's good name into this!

He's the best thing to happen to football announcing in like, forever. (in my humble opinion) I love Gus! (he also does great on the Big East Mondays on FS1 during BB).

Great win by the Jackrabbits. As I texted to someone towards the end of the game, "If Taryn plays like that, we can beat anyone..." He looks much sharper the last 2 weeks!

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                                Hold on here. You can make fun of those kids mispronouncing names all you want, but I'm not going to have you drag Gus Johnson's good name into this!

He's the best thing to happen to football announcing in like, forever. (in my humble opinion) I love Gus! (he also does great on the Big East Mondays on FS1 during BB).

Great win by the Jackrabbits. As I texted to someone towards the end of the game, "If Taryn plays like that, we can beat anyone..." He looks much sharper the last 2 weeks!
                                I agree. Gus being lumped with Boomer is ridiculous.
                                Originally posted by JackFan96
                                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                                X