• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: @ WIU Landlocked Marines

#ChuckthePigskin

#StuffthePigskin

#Avenge2015
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Re: GDT: @ WIU Landlocked Marines

Truth be told, I think this game will all but decide our playoff fate for the 2017 season.

This is the start of a brutal four game stretch, all against top 25 teams (3 are currently ranked top 10 in at least one of the major polls).

Win and we set ourselves up for a run that could actually see this team reach its potential... but lose and it's hard to envision us winning 2 of the last 3 that will most likely be required to qualify for the FCS playoffs.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
      Truth be told, I think this game will all but decide our playoff fate for the 2017 season.

This is the start of a brutal four game stretch, all against top 25 teams (3 are currently ranked top 10 in at least one of the major polls).

Win and we set ourselves up for a run that could actually see this team reach its potential... but lose and it's hard to envision us winning 2 of the last 3 that will most likely be required to qualify for the FCS playoffs.
      While I don't necessarily disagree (and I think the Jacks win today), if they lost a close game, they might not drop much in the rankings, if at all. Who knows what happens if UNI defeats the Bison, and if the Jacks won two of the last three, at least one would be against another top 10 team.

I understand that a loss this afternoon wouldn't bode well for such a run, but I've gone on record saying the Jacks win this one and the Marker game.

Comment

https://weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/USIL0706:1:US

Weather looks fine for the game today. 38 degrees with no chance of rain and 10-13 MPH breeze. Sounds like perfect fall football weather to me.

Christion needs to come out and have his best game of the year to give him some confidence heading into the Bison game. He's going to do it. Look for him to be more accurate and be a dynamic player today. Defense will be solid with no first half hangover. Ok, I believe that but it is also what needs to happen for the rest of the season if SDSU is to be relevant. SDSU 34 WIU 24

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
          https://weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/l/USIL0706:1:US

Christion needs to come out and have his best game of the year to give him some confidence heading into the Bison game. He's going to do it. Look for him to be more accurate and be a dynamic player today.
          SUPERBUNNY
          You think the bulk of the dynamism will be passing, running, or an even mix?

I feel like this could be like the win against NDSU last year where he unexpectedly runs wild.

Comment

Christion needs to come out and have his best game of the year to give him some confidence heading into the Bison game. He's going to do it. Look for him to be more accurate and be a dynamic player today. Defense will be solid with no first half hangover. Ok, I believe that but it is also what needs to happen for the rest of the season if SDSU is to be relevant. SDSU 34 WIU 24

SUPERBUNNY
            Taryn started out last year accurate and slowing regressed after the Bison game. I'm hoping for a "flip of the script" this year, which would actually be preferable considering that the most important games are always at the end of the year.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

My big key to the game (and every game the rest of the season) is to force WIU to have more passing attempts than rushing attempts. This either means they aren't having success running or are playing from behind, both which obviously bode very well for the jacks. We absolutely cannot allow them to have 35+ mins time of possession and grind us to death with 5 yard runs. We are not built to win games like that. Bring 7-8 guys if needed to stop the run on 1st and 2nd downs, forcing them into 3rd and longs.
              Jacks- 33
              Necks- 29

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                You think the bulk of the dynamism will be passing, running, or an even mix?

I feel like this could be like the win against NDSU last year where he unexpectedly runs wild.
                I like where your heads at. Basically the playoffs start today. He probably doesn't need to get really crazy with the feet this week. There have been a number of times when he has run that he has come up limping slightly which tells me he isn't healthy. That may be a big factor in his inaccuracy and throwing the ball high this year. However, if it is needed to make things happen today then so be it. This is almost a must win game.

To beat the Bison, we probably need him to be accurate in throwing and have a good game running as well but that is getting ahead of things by a week.

We need the win today. #3 can be a huge factor in that. Also, look for Mikey "Milky" Daniel to play a bigger role. He has performed whenever given the chance and he is a bruising back.

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

I like where your heads at. Basically the playoffs start today. He probably doesn't need to get really crazy with the feet this week. There have been a number of times when he has run that he has come up limping slightly which tells me he isn't healthy. That may be a big factor in his inaccuracy and throwing the ball high this year. However, if it is needed to make things happen today then so be it. This is almost a must win game.

To beat the Bison, we probably need him to be accurate in throwing and have a good game running as well but that is getting ahead of things by a week.

We need the win today. #3 can be a huge factor in that. Also, look for Mikey "Milky" Daniel to play a bigger role. He has performed whenever given the chance and he is a bruising back.

SUPERBUNNY
                  Big fan of Daniel's too. It's not to disparage Mengarelli or Wallace. I just like the fire he brings.

Comment

The thing that worries me the most is Western has the ability to grind us out and then hit a big play. If we can come out firing on all cylinders on offense and get one or two stops on defense we got this. But it will come down to TO. We need to play a clean game to make it out of Macomb 1-0
                    Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

SUPERBUNNY
                      This is a game the Jacks have to win. This is, relatively, the easiest of the Jackrabbits' remaining games. Lose this one and we have to win out. And I think that we all know how difficult that will be.

To win this team needs TC to be the MVFC Offensive Player of the Year. If teams have to respect his ability to hit the deep pass it opens up the game for everyone else.
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Must win today.
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                          This is a game the Jacks have to win. This is, relatively, the easiest of the Jackrabbits' remaining games. Lose this one and we have to win out. And I think that we all know how difficult that will be.

To win this team needs TC to be the MVFC Offensive Player of the Year. If teams have to respect his ability to hit the deep pass it opens up the game for everyone else.
                          To win today TC needs to play well and not turn over the ball. To win the rest of the games I agree with you that he needs to be the best player on the field. The good news is that he has that ability.

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Random question re. the kickoff time -- anyone know why Western schedules them for 1pm?

I'd be interested in learning if the Jacks would ever do the same. Can't say I'd be opposed to 1pm starts, particularly later in the season.

Comment

Quite a difference between outcome options today at the forum. Three hours from now we'll either have to line up to get into the "fire Stig" thread or we'll be riding high towards the big Nov 4 showdown.

Comment

Working...
                              X