Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Preseason game #1 vs Moorhead

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    Agreed, but knowing Chynna’s personality she was having fun versus “look at me”. Although I wasn’t at the game...I’d be surprised if she’s become that way though. Exciting times for WBB, MBB and wrestling...
    I have no doubt she was having fun (who wouldn't after finally getting to play after 2 years off). Just prefer a different kind of celebration. But since you weren't there, the celebration was looking at our bench and doing this:

But not a big deal, glad to have her back on the team. Love the energy I saw from her.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
      Very true, I like someone who brings positive energy. Loved that about Ober last year and think we need someone on the team who can bring some fire. Guess I would prefer less of a "look at me" kind of display, but love players bringing excitement.
      Anybody remember Macie Michelson ? When she played for the opposing team in high school I couldn't stand all the fist pumping and rolling around on the floor after she would draw a foul. But I quickly learned to love it when she became a Jack. I think that kind of emotion is something the team has been lacking for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
        I'm surprised by Irwin's quick start to the season - she looks so skinny and had a less hype than the other freshmen. Very nice.

Looks can be deceiving. Even after 4 years of being in the program and weight lifting, Kerri Young and Megan Waytashek didn't look a lot different than when they were freshmen. Irwin kind of reminds me of them - hopefully she has that kind of upside.

Comment

734B16E0-6278-4B59-A074-90DE799D4394.jpg

Found a pic, gotta love it! I’ll take that attitude all season long!

I’ll agree on Irwin, she has a similar buil as Waytashek and Kerri Young.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            I'm surprised by Irwin's quick start to the season - she looks so skinny and had a less hype than the other freshmen. Very nice.

Tylee Irwin may not have rocked the newspapers in SD, but the schools north of here certainly knew she was a resident.
            http://gojacks.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6369&path=wbball
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]908[/ATTACH]

Part of me wants to see a little more attitude with the WBB team. Maybe a little more swagger since they have been one of the best mid-majors for over a decade.

Edit: Words. Evidently the cold medicine mixed with the allergy medicine causes me to forget words...
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Anything that pumps up the other players should be welcomed,I'm in the camp "good teams aren't afraid to show a little attitude ",but maybe "showing some emotion " is a little better way to not sound too confrontational or taunting toward your opponent.We are very "business" like in our approach to the game,I kind of like that too.I kind of have mixed feelings about it I guess,to be really truthful.Whatever the coaching staff is comfortable with is the determining factor I'd hazard a guess.
                Last edited by jackdaniel; 10-27-2017, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  Anybody remember Macie Michelson ? When she played for the opposing team in high school I couldn't stand all the fist pumping and rolling around on the floor after she would draw a foul. But I quickly learned to love it when she became a Jack. I think that kind of emotion is something the team has been lacking for awhile.
                  Loved Macey,she was a real spark plug,loved the fire she had,and sometimes she just couldn't hold it all back.Every team should have a player like her and Ober to get the others fired up once in awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                    Possibly true, but I'm not sure that NJIT is actually a better team than MSU was. NJIT has one 6'2" girl, MSU had 4 with at least a couple of these being girls who could definitely start in the Summit. MSU was also missing their 2nd leading scorer from last year due to illness, so we didn't get to see them at their full and they had it at a 5 point game in the 3rd quarter. But certainly will take more enjoyment in games that actually count for sure.
                    The NSIC is a very good Div 2 conference,really good teams toward the top for sure.Glad we schedule them for our exhibition games.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]908[/ATTACH]

i'm ok with the actions of Stevens. stuff i despise is the "in-your-face" kinda crap with your opponent(s). if you know what i mean.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
                        i'm ok with the actions of Stevens. stuff i despise is the "in-your-face" kinda crap with your opponent(s). if you know what i mean.
                        If your winning,I see no harm in having a little fun once in awhile.
                        Last edited by jackdaniel; 10-28-2017, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X