Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game Week: Western Illinois

I think SDSU wins this one.

This game doesn't have "that feeling" to it. SDSU is ranked lower and is not the favorite, therefore will play like they are capable and win.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Here are my matchups to watch: http://jackrabbitillustrated.blogspo...watch-wiu.html

I'm nervous and not feeling great about it. I think we may see a rerun of YSU and UNI. Ball control keep away.
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Coach's feeling about this game: Scared Shirtless!

(Obviously a winnable game, and one that is absolutely needed, but also against a good opponent on the road).

Comment

It's going to take the best SDSU effort of the year to get the win tomorrow. If we have a turnover or special teams miscue in the first five minutes I think we'd all be wise to switch over to watching another game. If not, it should be a tight one.

At least it looks like bad weather won't be much of an issue for passing. NOAA's forecast for tomorrow in Macomb: "Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 43. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            It's going to take the best SDSU effort of the year to get the win tomorrow. If we have a turnover or special teams miscue in the first five minutes I think we'd all be wise to switch over to watching another game.
            Or crack open the whiskey.

Comment

Stop me if you've heard this before: The team is having travel issues on their way to Macomb.

Zimmer just tweeted: "Our flight is delayed, but the Gameday preview of @GoJacksFB at @WIUfootball is on time."

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                Stop me if you've heard this before: The team is having travel issues on their way to Macomb.

Zimmer just tweeted: "Our flight is delayed, but the Gameday preview of @GoJacksFB at @WIUfootball is on time."
                Was just thinking the exact same thing when I saw that. Man, I wish I didn't have a negative vibe for this game!

Comment

Seems like a little late in the week to be flying out to a game. Especially with SDSU's history of travel problems. I could have sworn they used to fly out on Wednesday or Thursdays. Am I misremembering that?
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                    Seems like a little late in the week to be flying out to a game. Especially with SDSU's history of travel problems. I could have sworn they used to fly out on Wednesday or Thursdays. Am I misremembering that?
                    Always on Friday, the day before.

Comment

Why would you have them miss that many days of class?!? Stig would never do that if he could prevent it. Student comes before the athlete.
                      Rollin' in my 5.0
                      With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                      Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                        Why would you have them miss that many days of class?!? Stig would never do that if he could prevent it. Student comes before the athlete.
                        Have to agree, but sadly there's a subset that will probably chalk this up to another instance of a lack of "aggression" or that missing "killer instinct." The classic "if Stig really wanted to win, he'd see what's happened on recent trips and adjust the travel itinerary; scholar-athletes' coursework be damned."

Nevertheless, still think Jacks win by at least nine today.
                        Last edited by jakejc795; 10-28-2017, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                          Have to agree, but sadly there's a subset that will probably chalk this up to another instance of a lack of "aggression" or that missing "killer instinct." The classic "if Stig really wanted to win, he'd see what's happened on recent trips and adjust the travel itinerary; scholar-athletes' coursework be damned."

Wow... Eye rolls for days.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Actually, I simply asked a question.
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Wow... Eye rolls for days.
                              May the rolling eyes not prevent you from watching the game.

Seriously, if you won't admit some would say that, the ol' eye rolling might just be a chronic condition impairing your forum vision.

Comment

Actually, I simply asked a question.
                                My post wasn't meant to diminish your question. It was a somewhat sarcastic reflection on the lengths some will go to criticize coaches.

Comment

Working...
                                X