X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game Week: Western Illinois

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
    I would also like to see more Daniel.
    Perhaps the questions on the line make Brady the choice since he can better pick up the blitz? It just seems that Mikey is more of a Stig type runner.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      Seems like an experience/seniority thing. Although I think "big plays" are more likely with Brady... that's not what we need right now. We need someone who can get 7 or 8 yards on 1st down to take the pressure off of our passing game, which Mikey has done and can do well. Brady seems to get stuffed all too often. Seems like a 3rd down role would suit him better.
      Whenever I see a running back get stuffed, I usually put the blame more on the blocking than on the running back. I have no problem with an equal split in carries with Brady and Mikey, but Brady does have 190 more yards in only six more carries. And if they are going to continue to run some option like they did on Saturday, Brady seems to be a better choice there.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        I know the rotation is there so it shouldn't be that big of deal, but I feel like Mikey is a better #2 option at tailback. There is part of me that thinks he may be our best running back. Is there something, other than just being a sophomore, that is holding him back? Is he less effective as a blocker? As a pass receiver?
        I agree with this and the numbers seem to support your argument.

Mengarelli 65 attempts for 483 yds and 6 TDs
        Daniel 59 attempts for 299 yds and 7 TDs
        Wallace 49 attempts for 217 yds and 3 TDs

For the season we are averaging 190 yds/game as a team. The numbers are really skewed by three games though, Duquense, SIU, and Missouri St.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          Whenever I see a running back get stuffed, I usually put the blame more on the blocking than on the running back. I have no problem with an equal split in carries with Brady and Mikey, but Brady does have 190 more yards in only six more carries. And if they are going to continue to run some option like they did on Saturday, Brady seems to be a better choice there.
          I think those numbers are a bit skewed by where those carries occur. Seems to me that Mikey has been the goal-to-go guy while Brady's carries come with more yards to be had...maybe that is me just remembering the details that support my argument though.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I think those numbers are a bit skewed by where those carries occur. Seems to me that Mikey has been the goal-to-go guy while Brady's carries come with more yards to be had...maybe that is me just remembering the details that support my argument though.
            You are correct.

Comment

I know the rotation is there so it shouldn't be that big of deal, but I feel like Mikey is a better #2 option at tailback. There is part of me that thinks he may be our best running back. Is there something, other than just being a sophomore, that is holding him back? Is he less effective as a blocker? As a pass receiver?
              A couple of Daniel's blitz pick ups have stood out as pretty stellar to me, so I'd like to think that isn't the reason. However, maybe I didn't notice some missed blocks.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                Hoping your second prediction is the one that plays out Sat.

Comment

FYI, we are 4 point underdogs and the total is 64 according to 5dimes. Predicted score of 34-30.

I'm going to predict an SDSU win, 42-36.

Comment

Weather prediction for Saturday in Macomb. High 42, cloudy, 10-20 mph wind, 40% chance rain.

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                      Weather prediction for Saturday in Macomb. High 42, cloudy, 10-20 mph wind, 40% chance rain.
                      Hopefully there's 100% chance of a Soulek rumble to end zone and a Rozeboom and/or Brown pick 6.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                        FYI, we are 4 point underdogs and the total is 64 according to 5dimes. Predicted score of 34-30.

I'm going to predict an SDSU win, 42-36.
                        Seems the Oddsmakers should be national rankings pollsters.

Comment

I've been wrong a lot recently, and I hope I'm wrong again. I predict we get our asses kicked by 10+. We score late to make it look closer than it is.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                            Good thing we have a QB that can throw the ball in adverse weather conditions....

Comment

Originally posted by He hate me View Post
                              Good thing we have a QB that can throw the ball in adverse weather conditions....
                              If it makes you feel any better, SDSU thinks they can pass against them.
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Dr Jekyll we win,Mr Hyde we lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X