X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Week: Western Illinois

My preview: http://jackrabbitillustrated.blogspo...niversity.html

Jackrabbit Preview with Stig: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeeFmX6mNuU
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Re: Game Week: Western Illinois

I am hopeful that this time we handle the 3-4 better, I think we do. Any news on Genant? I will agree the combo of Harmon at LT and Miller at G is better that Harmon moving inside and Greenway at tackle.

I think this is a week where Mikey needs to get the hard yards going between the tackles first and open up some play action. I'm not as comfortable with the speed option against the 3-4. Getting DG involved early is also important, he has the ability to take over. Western is well aware of this.

Also, any news on Backhaus and his ailment? I'm assuming it's from the Hobo Game shot he took to the knee.

Comment

This will be one that shows if the YSU and UNI games were flukes or not. Western is solid on both the o and d lines, the area where we seem the most vulnerable. Depth will likely cause us some problems, especially on the d-line. If our o-line can handle their d-line we should have some pretty good success on offense. This game could come down to special teams, so who knows what we will bring in that category Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
        This will be one that shows if the YSU and UNI games were flukes or not. Western is solid on both the o and d lines, the area where we seem the most vulnerable. Depth will likely cause us some problems, especially on the d-line. If our o-line can handle their d-line we should have some pretty good success on offense. This game could come down to special teams, so who knows what we will bring in that category Saturday.
        I'm nervous this will be another ground and pound game where our offense is on the field for less than 15 minutes. They are big and experienced. Lesser offensive lines have destroyed our front 4 this season.

Comment

special teams was as good as it has been in years to start the season and then last 2 weeks have brought some questions to that along with the missed xps being a reoccurring issue.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Does this game make or break our season? I don't want to head into the last three weeks of the season needing to win 2 out of 3 games to make the playoffs (although I think we will beat the U).

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              I'm nervous this will be another ground and pound game where our offense is on the field for less than 15 minutes. They are big and experienced. Lesser offensive lines have destroyed our front 4 this season.
              I agree that this game has the potential to turn into that. I hope we would do whatever it takes to not let them do that, because if it does there's no way we win. If we can force them to have more pass attempts than rushing attempts, i think we win. If they get a their run game going, we are likely in trouble

Comment

I agree that this game has the potential to turn into that. I hope we would do whatever it takes to not let them do that, because if it does there's no way we win. If we can force them to have more pass attempts than rushing attempts, i think we win. If they get a their run game going, we are likely in trouble
                Look at what ISUr did to USD for a perfect example of what to do to teams like WIU, NDSU and especially USD. Streveler threw the ball 63!!!! times, because ISUr loaded the box and kept bringing pressure. Because of this, they forced him into throwing 2 INTs (his first on the year), and held him to 8 rushes for 29 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  Look at what ISUr did to USD for a perfect example of what to do to teams like WIU, NDSU and especially USD. Streveler threw the ball 63!!!! times, because ISUr loaded the box and kept bringing pressure. Because of this, they forced him into throwing 2 INTs (his first on the year), and held him to 8 rushes for 29 yards.
                  I know I've told you I don't bet, but I'm willing to bet we won't do that @the dakotadump. What are the stakes going to be?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                    I know I've told you I don't bet, but I'm willing to bet we won't do that @the dakotadump. What are the stakes going to be?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk
                    You're going to have to look for someone else to bet against, because I'll guarantee we don't do that. Streveler will have a hay day running against our soft defense for 7-15 yards at a time.

Comment

Depth chart is out on page 9. https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sit...s_10_24_17.pdf

I haven't heard it yet, but Genant must be done as he isn't listed. I hate the shuffling. Let Eddie Miller play guard and keep everyone else where they are at. Greeneway didn't look great last week against Missouri State. You are asking 3 guys to play new positions instead of just one new starter. Miller has looked good in his limited snaps too. Disappointing as this finally makes me question using his redshirt (Sorry, I don't want to get into this pissing match again).

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                        Depth chart is out on page 9. https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sit...s_10_24_17.pdf

I haven't heard it yet, but Genant must be done as he isn't listed. I hate the shuffling. Let Eddie Miller play guard and keep everyone else where they are at. Greeneway didn't look great last week against Missouri State. You are asking 3 guys to play new positions instead of just one new starter. Miller has looked good in his limited snaps too. Disappointing as this finally makes me question using his redshirt (Sorry, I don't want to get into this pissing match again).
                        I see there are a few OR options...I anticipate Tiano shifting over and Harmon staying at Tackle while Miller slides in at RG...maybe there is an interior matchup they are trying to avoid with a true freshman. I also notice Farina is back to starting. Nothing else crazy besides the Wilson OR Backhaus at SAM

Comment

I know the rotation is there so it shouldn't be that big of deal, but I feel like Mikey is a better #2 option at tailback. There is part of me that thinks he may be our best running back. Is there something, other than just being a sophomore, that is holding him back? Is he less effective as a blocker? As a pass receiver?
                          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                            I know the rotation is there so it shouldn't be that big of deal, but I feel like Mikey is a better #2 option at tailback. There is part of me that thinks he may be our best running back. Is there something, other than just being a sophomore, that is holding him back? Is he less effective as a blocker? As a pass receiver?
                            Seems like an experience/seniority thing. Although I think "big plays" are more likely with Brady... that's not what we need right now. We need someone who can get 7 or 8 yards on 1st down to take the pressure off of our passing game, which Mikey has done and can do well. Brady seems to get stuffed all too often. Seems like a 3rd down role would suit him better.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              Seems like an experience/seniority thing. Although I think "big plays" are more likely with Brady... that's not what we need right now. We need someone who can get 7 or 8 yards on 1st down to take the pressure off of our passing game, which Mikey has done and can do well. Brady seems to get stuffed all too often. Seems like a 3rd down role would suit him better.
                              I would also like to see more Daniel.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Working...
                              X