• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: @ Misery State Bears

#ChuckthePigskin

#StuffthePigskin

#1and0
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Re: GDT: @ Misery State Bears

Really interested to see if anything new/different happens today. Whether its regular sub getting extended action and performing well, or possibly a change in scheme of some sort. Also, hoping to see them respond to adversity better. Through the first part of the season, anytime things haven't gone according to plan we have pretty much crumbled as a team. Lets get that figured out and we are still a very dangerous team.
    Jacks 35
    Bears 24
    don't think the game will be as close as the scores indicates though

Comment

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a different look to the D with a 3-4 mixed in at times. Cox has done well in his time on the field. Just a hunch that it could work out well at times and would be a good switch off occasionally to throw at them.

Comment

9305A4F1-BD5D-47DA-BBB1-16058113BB2F.jpg
        Change is necessary or the results will be the same.
        It’s time to use all options on offense and not save any player as tomorrow is too late. The Qb must run!

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
          Really interested to see if anything new/different happens today. Whether its regular sub getting extended action and performing well, or possibly a change in scheme of some sort. Also, hoping to see them respond to adversity better. Through the first part of the season, anytime things haven't gone according to plan we have pretty much crumbled as a team. Lets get that figured out and we are still a very dangerous team.
          Jacks 35
          Bears 24
          don't think the game will be as close as the scores indicates though
          If the game score is that close then the Jacks did not do their job. This is a team that SDSU should beat by at least 3 touchdowns.

This game, like the non-conference schedule, shouldn't be used to judge how good this team is this year.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
            I wouldn’t be surprised to see a different look to the D with a 3-4 mixed in at times. Cox has done well in his time on the field. Just a hunch that it could work out well at times and would be a good switch off occasionally to throw at them.
            i may be wrong but I think stig has stated his disdain for the 3-4 and wouldn’t ever insert it into his defense. Lesser things have surprised me though.

Comment

#whiterabbit

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                i may be wrong but I think stig has stated his disdain for the 3-4 and wouldn’t ever insert it into his defense. Lesser things have surprised me though.
                My thinking is ,being we can't bring any pressure on defense against the opposing QB and they pick apart our pass coverage ,getting way too many third down conversions in the process,then it might be something to consider trying the 3-4 and at least getting adequate pass coverage,....maybe He might not even of practiced it enough if at all in the past, unless this past week,that might wind up as being disasterous. Might be he doesn't feel he has the right personnel to play it.So many things go into making that decision I'm guessing. Stigs decision,we'll see, my guess is he won't.If he can tighten up and make the 4-3 a little bit stingier, no need to try it anyway.

Comment

True and he's also expressed his dislike of the option specifically triple option but I remember a time(I think QB Kardoes) when Stig said no to the read option. We've seen some of that lately.

I doubt the 3-4 gets a look but it would definitely be a wrinkle that would be unexpected.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                    True and he's also expressed his dislike of the option specifically triple option but I remember a time(I think QB Kardoes) when Stig said no to the read option. We've seen some of that lately.

I doubt the 3-4 gets a look but it would definitely be a wrinkle that would be unexpected.
                    I would think that it would be easier to adapt the offence to the read option since it doesn't mean as much of a change in personnel. Going from a 4-3 to a 3-4 would be a lot more difficult. However, I can see the benefits of it.

Comment

My prediction is that SDSU wins easily and some people start to get optimistic again despite nothing actually changing.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                        My prediction is that SDSU wins easily and some people start to get optimistic again despite nothing actually changing.
                        The only thing that will make me feel good about anything is if TC finally hits somebody deep. Outside of that, I'm not gonna feel much better after this game than I did last week.

Comment

Backhaus is out. Seven Wilson gets the start.

Comment

Farina also didn't make the trip. Was suspended first half anyway.

Comment

that'll answer any 3-4 possibilities...bummed for Logan but excited to watch 7

Is there something more to the Farina story?

Comment

Working...
                              X