Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @ Misery State Bears

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
    This year it has been exceptionally bad, it was nearly unwatchable the first month of the season.
    It's really odd but I've thought this year has been a very good year for ESPN3 reception etc. Today I was rapidly jumping games on ESPN3, using the Chromecast to put them on the big screen. It worked flawlessly. I'm in Watertown and have Midco -- we have consistently good service, good internet speed etc. (And, yeah, I pay enough for it too!)

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      It's really odd but I've thought this year has been a very good year for ESPN3 reception etc. Today I was rapidly jumping games on ESPN3, using the Chromecast to put them on the big screen. It worked flawlessly. I'm in Watertown and have Midco -- we have consistently good service, good internet speed etc. (And, yeah, I pay enough for it too!)
      Glad it's working for you. Family in Pierre and I (in Sioux Falls) were having issues at same time -- I know because my dad called to ask me if screen was freezing for me (which I referred to as "buffering" during the game thread).

Hopefully the feed next week is similar to what I experienced in the 'Yotes game.

Comment

Great win after a tough week. Glad to see some offensive changes (Qb under center) and variety (option) so opponents need to prepare for more. I still have issues with how the defense plays. MSU was not a good offense. The defense did nothing in the first half. If MSU can do that to the defense then the games ahead will be ugly. Will this defense ever be aggressive? Hardly any FBS or FCS teams play this vanilla defense that the Jacks play weekly on most every play. Watch FB games and see no team playing our defense. Can someone explain the logic? Is the HC or DC that stubborn to admit it’s not good defense. Get after the opponents don’t sit back.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
          Glad it's working for you. Family in Pierre and I (in Sioux Falls) were having issues at same time -- I know because my dad called to ask me if screen was freezing for me (which I referred to as "buffering" during the game thread).

Hopefully the feed next week is similar to what I experienced in the 'Yotes game.
          I know what you're describing because I've had that happen in the past. I talked to my son in Rapid and his ESP3/Chromecast (Midco subscriber too) worked without any problems.

Comment

Also a MidCo subscriber; also not having any issues.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

My son uses Apple TV, not Chromecast. I think if you're having buffering problems, you should talk to your internet provider. (Anyone having buffering problems with Midco?)

Comment

Zero buffering problems for me today (Midco), even while streaming multiple games.

Comment

Same local and internet for me. I haven't had much issues with buffering this year, my issues have been with ESPN3 completely dropping feeds with a bunch of different games this year(I spend my Saturdays bouncing around Valley games), including the ending of today's game. They were absolutely terrible about it at the beginning of the year, it was a nationwide problem.

Comment

My son uses Apple TV, not Chromecast. I think if you're having buffering problems, you should talk to your internet provider. (Anyone having buffering problems with Midco?)
                    Yep. My house and brother in law in sioux falls.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Mediacom was terrible for buffering as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                        Mediacom was terrible for buffering as well.
                        Yes Also Mediacomm had problems

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                          T-minus two minutes until someone says this was all in spite of Stig. It's like the Jacks' version of Godwin's Law
                          It was Misery State. I will continue to hold off my judgement until we see results against a competent MVFC team.
                          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                            It was Misery State. I will continue to hold off my judgement until we see results against a competent MVFC team.
                            This is the appropriate response to our victory in Springfield.
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                              No kidding. This tells us abut as much as a win over Drake or Duquesne, IMO.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                                Yes Also Mediacomm had problems
                                My dad and I weren't using Roku, Chromecast, etc. I used Chrome as the browser, so I wonder if lack of Roku or Chromecast could explain at least some of the variation. Those aren't really options for me, as I don't own a TV.

Can't wait until Nov. 4. Hopefully the Bison are what's "buffering" that afternoon, resulting in multiple INTs and fumble recoveries for the Jacks.

Comment

Working...
                                X